How do I to get the Splatter Commendation?

I’m at my wit’s end. The vehicles in Halo 4 suck, as they constantly get EMP’d, flipped over, or blown up with DMR bullets. I want to unlock the Verdant (Green) visor, but I can’t figure out how I’m supposed to do that if every vehicle I hop in gets destroyed.

Does anyone have a strategy or a specific vehicle they use for mastering the Splatter Commendation? I’ve been trying to use the Ghost on Ragnarok, as its the only map anyone ever votes for in any team playlist (been trying this in Infinity Slayer, BTB, and Capture the Flag). I’m lucky if I get even one splatter before I get destroyed. Either they jump out of the way, or I actually manage to hit them, and for some reason they don’t die. Help?

sigh It’s days like these I really miss the vehicles in Halo 3. Back when Sniper Rifles and DMRs didn’t wreck vehicles…

One word - Mongoose.

> One word - Mongoose.

Two words - Immediate death

I’m a little surprised. I suck at driving, and even I’m rising in the Splatter commendations.

Maybe you just aren’t using Ghosts often enough? Keep playing Big Team Infinity Slayer or Dominion, and keep taking Ghosts. Do circuits around the maps and splatter people. That’s how I advanced Splatter, anyway.

Vote for vehicle maps in capture the flag and just drive around with the ghost. Whatever you do don’t try going for it in BTB or Dominion. Ordnance is will ensure you get killed again and again.

Do what must be done - do not hesitate, show no mercy.

I´m a dedicated driver myself, so I got my medal quickly and naturally.
But I can imagine that playing Capture the Flag and whatnot BTB maps will allow you to sneak around with a hog or a ghost and get in some splatters.

I will admit that after years of not starting with the necessary equipment needed to properly take down a ghost the first thing I did was make a vehicle busting load out and go ghost hunting in btb. Feels so good.

I used the ghost and got it in about 3 or 4 hours just using the ghost on big team. It’s possible, you just have to know when people spawn and where. The easiest time to catch them off guard is right when they spawn. Also, I found if you pretend like you’re going to boost at someone and then slow down they will jump prematurely. Hope this helps!

Dominion is the best game mode to get this in. I was averaging 7 splatters a game.

“Operator Specialization:
The Wheelman armor mod the Operator carries gives you a bit of a resistance against EMP shots against a vehicle you are driving. It won’t necessarily stop you in your tracks anymore. This also allows you to recharge the health of a vehicle slightly faster.” from here

Might help… though you’ll need to get SR50

Green is personally my favorite color. I think splattering is my least favorite method of destruction D:, its a trade off/ Guess sometimes we have to grow up so we can stride for what deems dear to us :P; The dominion Gametype that [MollHolland] stated would be the fastest way.

The wraith is insanely easy to pick up splatters with, not only can it take a beating, but you barely have to be moving at all to splatter somebody, the slightest tap of the boost even at the last second is usually enough to kill a guy.

splatter people. /thread

> I’m at my wit’s end. The vehicles in Halo 4 suck, as they constantly get EMP’d, flipped over, or blown up with DMR bullets. I want to unlock the Verdant (Green) visor, but I can’t figure out how I’m supposed to do that if every vehicle I hop in gets destroyed.
>
> Does anyone have a strategy or a specific vehicle they use for mastering the Splatter Commendation? I’ve been trying to use the Ghost on Ragnarok, as its the only map anyone ever votes for in any team playlist (been trying this in Infinity Slayer, BTB, and Capture the Flag). I’m lucky if I get even one splatter before I get destroyed. Either they jump out of the way, or <mark><mark>I actually manage to hit them, and for some reason they don’t die</mark></mark>. Help?
>
> sigh It’s days like these I really miss the vehicles in Halo 3. Back when Sniper Rifles and DMRs didn’t wreck vehicles…

That happens to me ALL the time.

Find people like me, I let vehicles splatter me, that way I can get a good stick on them and take them with me.

BTB on Exile usually guarantees a good couple of splatters for me. Wait till the heavy vehicles (gauss hog, tank, banshee to a lesser extent)are gone, and keep circling the map in your ghost, mainly singling out the people that are distracted by something else (meaning they wont jump or in any way try to dodge you - splatter them 99% of the time). On Ragnarok you have to try to stay away from the hill, and roam the places around it. Try not to be open to too much fire (as people WILL shoot at you in the far distance over that guy 10 ft away that is killing them) and pick out your kills. When singling a guy out that has seen you, pretend-boost, making them jump, and then catch them on their way down. Splattering is harder than in Halo 3, and your vehicle gets gunned down easier, but that makes it all the more satisfying for me.

I think using the banshee is the best way to splatter people. Much faster than the ghost and most of the time they have no chance to even see you before they’re dead.

> “Operator Specialization:
> The Wheelman armor mod the Operator carries gives you a bit of a resistance against EMP shots against a vehicle you are driving. It won’t necessarily stop you in your tracks anymore. This also allows you to recharge the health of a vehicle slightly faster.” from here
>
> Might help… though you’ll need to get SR50

I’m actually working on the Operator specialization right now, but I only have Operator-7. I need to get 3 more levels before I get the armor mod.

You need to get behind the competition with your ghost and if you can’t, bait a jump and then go for the splatter.

This also happens to me they allways jump out of the way can you earn it in custom game with a friend