How Do I Melee?

For me it just feels like a littery whether or not the game lets my melee connect. Earlier I literally saw my arms fuze into this guy’s face and they took no damage.

1 Like
  1. Press melee button
  2. Pray
    3a. The melee connects, celebrate that it was all skill
    3b. The melee doesn’t connect, throw controller against wall, pick up controller, quit game, go to forum, call 343 as many names you can get away with without being banned, get told by snowflakes that you’re lying.
  3. Play something else.
  4. Remember you like Halo, play Halo, go to No1
14 Likes

I assure you, I can count and those numbers are in order when I go to edit. I give up

2 Likes

It’s completely 50/50 on if it’ll work or not. My advise is try and stay out of melee range best you can. I know this goes against Halo core gameplay but with desync at it’s all time worst you gotta do what you gotta do to survive.

2 Likes

haha, you know whats odd? When I played during december-january, i usually had low chances of successfully meleeing someone and surviving, but just recently when I played I had much higher chances and melee-ed ppl more often.

I don’t know if the desync was there in late december-early January, but again the odd thing is that everyone’s complaining about the desync right now but when I got on Infinite everything was fine.

1 Like

It is so frustrating

1 Like

Let me give you some advice a much better player than myself once gave me:

Don’t put yourself in a position where you have to melee. 1/5 of the time maybe you win the fight with most of your health. 2/5 of the time you trade or at least take a great deal of damage from their own melee. 2/5 of the time you just die. Get the hang of shooting people to death instead, even in close quarters.

2 Likes

Yesterday I popped on for one game and I had a guy slide over to me (they were already partially damaged) and as they were sliding by I tried to melee them, I heard the game make the contact and nothing happened, I started to go for a second melee (animation started) and within that time frame they got one shot with the bulldog and then a melee in quick succession and then I died.

I turned the game off after that.

2 Likes

The entire game is frustrating. Literally every single aspect of it.

2 Likes

Step 1. Play MCC
Step 2. Wonder how they messed up Infinite
Step 3. Keep playing MCC till they fix Infinite

For the record, I can play 300ping games in MCC and still get more consistent melee hits than Infinite. Yea. It’s actually funny.

2 Likes

Ya how did they go from MCC to this…

1 Like

Yeah, its brutal man. and its just one of the many things wrong with the game…

I have a clip where I melee’d and they phased through me and double melee’d me and killed me. Maybe their system is flawed due to the fact that they have collision turned which is the dumbest change they ever could have made in my opinion.

1 Like

And I hate the fact you can walk through players in infinite (in halo 5 you just bumped into players) every time I miss a melee by that hologram like armor! But grenades due bump off a player… stupid game, waited 6 years, for this???

1 Like

6 years just to play a broken game. I used to watch videos where the devs would be talking in a semi caring way while describing their problems and how to fix it but I can’t see that as something 343 could be seen doing anymore. They seem more just like “we fixed this because we thought it was a bit of an issue even though no one had an issue with it(collisions turned of as an example)” the company seems careless about the fan base. It’s like a betrayal of trust as they gain an amazing fan base only to exploit it after gaining trust.

2 Likes

This is really sad to find out that they just don’t know how to do Halo

The only gripe I have with melee is, the Melee Lunge. I havent figured it out yet. Sometimes I get a melee lunge, and sometimes I don’t.

every sane person:

Heres a list we need to fix after MCC, H4 and H5.

343:

oh boy, lets take out player collision and -Yoink!- up melee. :slight_smile:

Don’t count on mediocre devs run by greedy studio bosses.

Well I am glad it is not just me who can’t figure out melee… I thought I was doing something wrong as opponents phase right through me… I really am trying to like this game after all these years of playing Halo but it is so hard… have 343 said why they turned off collision? Surely that is the easiest way to fix this…?

1 Like

Microsoft and Bungie was better, what happened with Bungie?….

1 Like