How do I improve with the BR in Halo 5?

One of the main reasons why I dislike Halo 5, is that everyone seems to be better than me at the BR, and since you die so fast I tend to back out of most fights.

I also dislike how there’s no accuracy penalty for jumping while in mid fight…which makes bumper jumper a bigger advantage than it should be.

Also, the “flinch” is extremely annoying when getting shot.

Idk any tips you pros could give me to improve on Halo 5?

What sensitivity is best?
I feel better playing on 6, but since it’s high it seems like I don’t end up hitting the full burst on the enemy, but if I turn it down to like 3-4, it seems like I can’t catch up to someone who’s thrusting around in the air, or sprinting around corners.

What control scheme do you use?
I think default feels the most natural to use, but it seems like pros always use something else. :confused:

Do you like the BR in Halo 5?
I end up relying more on assists than anything else…

Also, the main purpose of this thread is to get tips to improve so I won’t suck on the release. Unlike Halo 1-4, I just can’t seem to think of anything to actually improve.

One such tip: Aim for the body as the limp-wristed heavy use of bullet magnetism leans towards headshots.

Bumper jumper has always been the best layout to use. Well since Halo 3 anyways. Now supposedly the default control scheme has an unfair advantage because they can hold LT to auto zoom after being descoped. Id say stick with bumper jumper; it takes quite a few games to get used to.
Move your sensitivity to 3 or 4. It will make ur BR so much more accurate. Pretty much all the pros play somewhere from 2-4. Halo isnt about ur twitch reactions; its about shot consistency. So Lower sensitivity makes that a little easier.

But seriously if youre pulling a lot of assists; youre playing a larger contribution to your team than you may think. Halo 5 depends heavily on team shooting so it sounds like you are playing your part. Just make sure to minimize deaths if your trying to play “support”.

Pro teams usually have 1 or 2 main slayers, 1 or 2 support. And 1 plays objective. Obviously everyone is really playing every role but it just goes to show that playing support is a big deal.

The main thing people do is over compensate. They make adjustment with the stick and move past their target then try to correct and go to far the other way

So what you want to do is. Make you initial target aim. DO NOT MOVE THE STICK. pull the trigger 2-3 times. Then correct but only ever so slightly. Almost like a flick not a complete movement on the stick. DONT FAT FINGER it.

Now a skilled Halo Player will get their STRAFE on. attempting to make you miss.
This is that next level Halo game play. You will have to practice at correcting twice in one gun battle. Again be mindful on how much your are moving the stick. Easy, tiny adjustments are the way to go.
This is because their isn’t a lot of aim assist.

Then, you’ll want to learn how to strafe and make adjustments to your aim at the same time. This just comes with LOTS and LOTS of practice.

Being good with the BR is more than just 4-shotting everyone, its mostly about positioning and knowing when to fight. Try to position yourself in an area where you can get away if you know you can get away if you need to. Also, a person with the high ground or is behind cover has a massive advantage over someone who is out in the open.

Strafing and 4-shotting only helps you in a 1 on 1 scenario but Halo is a team game. Try to stay alive and hit shots when you can to become a better player

> 2533274881015020;2:
> One such tip: Aim for the body as the limp-wristed heavy use of bullet magnetism leans towards headshots.

To be noted, since Halo2 this has been the dominate BR strategy BUT H2’s un-assisted blue reticle requires dead-aim as the TU version has no spread on its burst.

I have no complaints on the BR itself, more about how the stick sensitivity, acceleration and reticle friction feel different than ALL other Halos. It’s always been different from game to game but H5 has me often dragging my reticle instead of gliding it. I can and do switch between all the games and H5 just slugs because I have to drop my sensitivity down further than the other games to maintain proper accuracy but then the movement of the battles has me pulling the reticle. The other Halos on the XB1 don’t feel that way.

> 2533274896165868;4:
> The main thing people do is over compensate. They make adjustment with the stick and move past their target then try to correct and go to far the other way
>
> So what you want to do is. Make you initial target aim. DO NOT MOVE THE STICK. pull the trigger 2-3 times. Then correct but only ever so slightly. Almost like a flick not a complete movement on the stick. DONT FAT FINGER it.
>
> Now a skilled Halo Player will get their STRAFE on. attempting to make you miss.
> This is that next level Halo game play. You will have to practice at correcting twice in one gun battle. Again be mindful on how much your are moving the stick. Easy, tiny adjustments are the way to go.
> This is because their isn’t a lot of aim assist.
>
> Then, you’ll want to learn how to strafe and make adjustments to your aim at the same time. This just comes with LOTS and LOTS of practice.

This helped me as I do this too. Whats fat fingering it?

1- dont worry about flinch. It will be removed at release.

2- Keep targets away at 20 meters, unless they too are using a BR. ARs and SMGs tear you up at 10 meters, and DMRs are much more accurate at 30meters than the BR.

3- Aim around the upper chest region, and not the head. This is due to the recoil the gun has, which can make some of the bullets miss.

The gun only gets extra damage to the head when there are no shields on the target.

4- let the target run a bit. Attack too soon and they’ll just run back to cover. Make them work for their escape.

5- Bring your team with you. If you get hurt, or a teammate does, you can swap out. Don’t be mad for getting assists since every 3 assists counts as 1 kill.

…Thats all I got.

> 2603643534597848;6:
> > 2533274881015020;2:
> > One such tip: Aim for the body as the limp-wristed heavy use of bullet magnetism leans towards headshots.
>
>
> To be noted, since Halo2 this has been the dominate BR strategy BUT H2’s un-assisted blue reticle requires dead-aim as the TU version has no spread on its burst.
>
> I have no complaints on the BR itself, more about how the stick sensitivity, acceleration and reticle friction feel different than ALL other Halos. It’s always been different from game to game but H5 has me often dragging my reticle instead of gliding it. I can and do switch between all the games and H5 just slugs because I have to drop my sensitivity down further than the other games to maintain proper accuracy but then the movement of the battles has me pulling the reticle. The other Halos on the XB1 don’t feel that way.

I don’t know if 343i will take that feedback, how to make that feedback visible enough? A lot of things people don’t seem to notice…

> 2535465014126027;7:
> > 2533274896165868;4:
> > The main thing people do is over compensate. They make adjustment with the stick and move past their target then try to correct and go to far the other way
> >
> > So what you want to do is. Make you initial target aim. DO NOT MOVE THE STICK. pull the trigger 2-3 times. Then correct but only ever so slightly. Almost like a flick not a complete movement on the stick. DONT FAT FINGER it.
> >
> > Now a skilled Halo Player will get their STRAFE on. attempting to make you miss.
> > This is that next level Halo game play. You will have to practice at correcting twice in one gun battle. Again be mindful on how much your are moving the stick. Easy, tiny adjustments are the way to go.
> > This is because their isn’t a lot of aim assist.
> >
> > Then, you’ll want to learn how to strafe and make adjustments to your aim at the same time. This just comes with LOTS and LOTS of practice.
>
>
> This helped me as I do this too. Whats fat fingering it?

Yea i am wondering what fat fingering means to lol