how do i get recon

i never got it yet how do i get it

You wait until they have finished handing it out, which they haven’t by the sounds of it.

Be patient.

I don’t know about you. But when I got on Halo 3 yesterday I had it unlocked for no apparent reason. I’d imagine that it is being unlocked for everyone. Just be patient.

> I don’t know about you. But when I got on Halo 3 yesterday I had it unlocked for no apparent reason. I’d imagine that it is being unlocked for everyone. Just be patient.

It is being sent out in waves, how the waves were determined is beyond anyone of us, but it is safe to say you will all eventually have Recon in the near future.

Hmmm … I got my yesterday too … but I don’t know how … it only appeared …

> Hmmm … I got my yesterday too … but I don’t know how … it only appeared …

Everyone is gradually getting Recon if hadn’t unlocked it previously, don’t worry :slight_smile:

When I got recon for Halo 3 I had to do the vidmasters for Halo 3 and Halo 3:ODST.
Why are they just giving recon away now, is it because Halo 4 is coming out in November?

> When I got recon for Halo 3 I had to do the vidmasters for Halo 3 and Halo 3:ODST.
> Why are they just giving recon away now, is it because Halo 4 is coming out in November?

The Road to Recon feature is no longer available after bungie.net shut down, 343i has no plans for in-depth stats or features of Halo 3 on Waypoint at this time so they decided instead of making it impossible to get, to give everyone it.

They are not finished. You’ll get it though no worrys.

You will have it one day.

I had to make a new gamertag so I don’t have recon but I heard the vid master challenges don’t work any more.

> I had to make a new gamertag so I don’t have recon but I heard the vid master challenges don’t work any more.

Please check the dates before posting. This thread has been inactive for over 2 years and necrosposting is against forum rules.

To answer your comment, no the Vidmaster challenge doesn’t work anymore and hasn’t since April 2012 when 343 took control of Halo. Also the Recon armour is no longer available in Halo 3 and hasn’t been since September 2013. bs angel confirmed via Twitter that it was no longer being unlocked, so if you don’t have it now you’re never getting it.

You necro posted too.

> You necro posted too.

Technically so did you.

You also did.

Okay, the joke is over. Let’s just lock the thread.

> Okay, the joke is over. Let’s just lock the thread.

Maybe there are other people still interested in getting Recon.

> > Okay, the joke is over. Let’s just lock the thread.
>
> Maybe there are other people still interested in getting Recon.

But there is no other way. It was confirmed that if you hadn’t played Halo 3 before Bungie handed 343 the keys to Halo, it would be impossible to earn Recon, as Bungie.net would be shut down.

That, plus this post being revived from two years ago, makes it outdated. If you truly want to talk about it, discuss it here.