How do I capture the flag?

I got the enemy flag and brought it to my base but when I went to my base is wouldn’t score? I walked to my team’s flag and the area around it but no luck. I soon got killed with the other team swarmed my base and flag was reset.

I decided that after being unable to get back into the boring campaign, 343i removing Dominion, FFA being broken with the stupid spawns ( they had to be drunk on that one ), this flag -Yoink-, and 343i turning Halo 4 into a generic shooter just made me ragequite.

But I want to know, how do you score a flag???

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally go to the wrong flag point? I just need to make sure. Otherwise it’s just lag.

> Are you sure you didn’t accidentally go to the wrong flag point? I just need to make sure. Otherwise it’s just lag.

Yea it even had my team’s flag on it

lag

Are you sure the enemy team didn’t have your flag? I haven’t played H4 in a while, but in the competitive settings your teams flag needs to be at home to score.

>

Two things: Lag or you have to go on top of your flag spawn to get it to score(its happened to me)

Has NEVER happened to me, and I play ALOT of CTF.

> But I want to know, how do you score a flag???

Anytime I play a game where I can’t score the flag (or bomb in Grifball) I blame it on the host living on the moon. Sometimes, the moon people pull host and screw everything up. But anyways, it sounds like your game was lagging :confused:

> I got the enemy flag and brought it to my base but when I went to my base is wouldn’t score? I walked to my team’s flag and the area around it but no luck. I soon got killed with the other team swarmed my base and flag was reset.
>
> I decided that after being unable to get back into the boring campaign, 343i removing Dominion, FFA being broken with the stupid spawns ( they had to be drunk on that one ), this flag -Yoink!-, and 343i turning Halo 4 into a generic shooter just made me ragequite.
>
> But I want to know, how do you score a flag???

Was this on Dispatch (Dispatch has the raised round perimeter using space station pieces, with a central structure that has an overshield on the second level)?

If so, it’s not just me. One of the flag stands on Dispatch is sunk into the floor and sometimes seems not to properly register a flag return. Because Dispatch doesn’t come up that frequently, I was waiting to see if someone else had the problem . . . else I was going to chalk it up to lag. Let me know. If this was on Dispatch, I’ll do a feedback post in the bugs thread.

P.S. If you keep quitting at the rate you have so far, you’ll end up with a quit ban. Just stick it out, even though it can really suck sometimes.

1. Pick up enemy flag
  2. Go to your base
  3. If 2 doesn’t work, look up the hosts address
  4. Have fun with that

A couple of things to try:

1. Attempt to capture a flag in another game, might have been an in game or networking issue.

2. Make sure it was your base capture point.

3. Try jumping with the flag onto your capture point, some maps (especially forge ones) have a raised area around the flag capture point so you can’t just walk over it.

4. Make sure it wasn’t a flag must be at home to score. Some game types (usually custom games) require your flag at home for you to score the enemy flag.

I hope some of that helps.

Most likely lag. That has only happened to me once and it was because of lag.

Never had that problem before o.O, even in laggy games.

> Are you sure the enemy team didn’t have your flag? I haven’t played H4 in a while, but in the competitive settings your teams flag needs to be at home to score.

I’m not sure it works like that anymore… Sadly…

> Are you sure the enemy team didn’t have your flag? I haven’t played H4 in a while, but in the competitive settings your teams flag needs to be at home to score.

Really? I’ve not noticed this in the BTB CTF matches I’ve played.

> > Are you sure the enemy team didn’t have your flag? I haven’t played H4 in a while, but in the competitive settings your teams flag needs to be at home to score.
>
> Really? I’ve not noticed this in the BTB CTF matches I’ve played.

I know for a fact the flag needs to be at home to score in Team Throwdown but I honestly don’t know about the CTF playlist or BTB.

> I know for a fact the flag needs to be at home to score in Team Throwdown but I honestly don’t know about the CTF playlist or BTB.

Ah, cool … not played Throwdown for ages.

If it was Dispatch, it’s a known issue. They radius of the capture zones for the flags on that map is immensely small. You have to practically stand directly on top of the capture zone for it to cap, and not an inch off the side.