how did the forerunners win against the precursors

first of all, the precursors created them and were smarter, they could have pressed a single button and wiped them out, but instead they loss. Hopefully on purpose and there are still a lot of them, or cloning. someone plz explain how this happened.

The Forerunners were probably too smart or strong for their own good. It’s like in Frankenstein, Victor creates the monster, yet makes it too strong for him to defeat. Similar deal for the Forerunners I think.

> first of all, the precursors created them and were smarter, they could have pressed a single button and wiped them out, but instead they loss. Hopefully on purpose and there are still a lot of them, or cloning. someone plz explain how this happened.

Well, to begin, they probably didn’t have a single button to destroy the forerunners.

Moving on, look at the fall of Rome. The most advanced civilization of it time fell to a horde of savage barbarians. Same thing with Precursors and Forerunners.

We don’t really know this. Hopefully it will be explained in the final book of the Forerunner trilogy. But one can guess that since the Precursors either lost on purpose or there was some sort of civil war within them (Like the Great Schism and the Human-Covenant war.)

except the precursors were more intelligent than the forerunners

never mind I just realized what I said lol it just like Rome