How Did Sgt. Johnson Survive?

If you beat CE on Legendary or have seen the Legendary ending somewhere, you see Johnson and an Elite fighting each other. The Pillar of Autumn is about to explode, they hug each other, and the ring explodes. But how did Johnson survive that? Since hes in Halo 2 and so on.

Be creative, but in your opinion, how do you think Johnson survived?

Its a ending that’s not canon(part of the story). Bungie made it for a laugh. Oh I can’t wait to see it the new updated version.

> Its a ending that’s not canon(part of the story). Bungie made it for a laugh. Oh I can’t wait to see it the new updated version.

So how do you think he survived? In a creative joking way of course.

> > Its a ending that’s not canon(part of the story). Bungie made it for a laugh. Oh I can’t wait to see it the new updated version.
>
> So how do you think he survived? In a creative joking way of course.

The book: First Strike explains how he survived.

The flood infection virus never got to him, he excaped. In the book he is found on a pelican that had excaped the Halo ring, so basically a pelican picked him up from somewhere and brought him into space, read the book its cool.

That wasn’t canon… but if I’ve to answer that:

MAGIC snort snort

You’ve gotta read the Halo Graphic Novel and First Strike for those kind of answers!

Both great reads (although there’s not much to actually read in the Graphic novel one.)

-IV

Johnson was part of the Orion Project (a Spartan I, in essence). The super soldier cocktail he received made him immune to infection by the Flood (read First Strike and the Halo Graphic novel, or just look up Johnson on Halopedia).

> Johnson was part of the Orion Project (a Spartan I, in essence). The super soldier cocktail he received made him immune to infection by the Flood (read First Strike and the Halo Graphic novel, or just look up Johnson on Halopedia).

Actually, his immunity came from a bunch of radiation that he absorbed while riding in a pelican with a crate full of plasma grenades.

> > Johnson was part of the Orion Project (a Spartan I, in essence). The super soldier cocktail he received made him immune to infection by the Flood (read First Strike and the Halo Graphic novel, or just look up Johnson on Halopedia).
>
> Actually, his immunity came from a bunch of radiation that he absorbed while riding in a pelican with a crate full of plasma grenades.

No. That is false because ONI made fake disease to cover the Orion project S-I augmentations caused Johnson’s nervous system to be messed up.

> > > Johnson was part of the Orion Project (a Spartan I, in essence). The super soldier cocktail he received made him immune to infection by the Flood (read First Strike and the Halo Graphic novel, or just look up Johnson on Halopedia).
> >
> > Actually, his immunity came from a bunch of radiation that he absorbed while riding in a pelican with a crate full of plasma grenades.
>
> No. That is false because ONI made fake disease to cover the Orion project S-I augmentations caused Johnson’s nervous system to be messed up.

I just re-read it on first Strike. It was because of the radiation that First Strike acknowledges an unusual amount of radiation in Johnson that made him immune to Flood infection… and then chief has a decision to make: turn him in and he will become a dissected lab rat for study… or not and risk him suddenly dying…

The love generated by the elite and him hugging shielded them both.

> > > Johnson was part of the Orion Project (a Spartan I, in essence). The super soldier cocktail he received made him immune to infection by the Flood (read First Strike and the Halo Graphic novel, or just look up Johnson on Halopedia).
> >
> > Actually, his immunity came from a bunch of radiation that he absorbed while riding in a pelican with a crate full of plasma grenades.
>
> No. That is false because ONI made fake disease to cover the Orion project S-I augmentations caused Johnson’s nervous system to be messed up.

The Orion Project isn’t the Spartan-I project in the lore of the game. Spartan-I is just a fan-used term based on the non-canon I Love Bees website.

Orion Project candidates were never, ever classified as any form of Spartan. In fact, even the NAME Spartan for the Spartan-IIs was thought up by Halsey DURING the Spartan-II project, several years after the Orion project. She SPECIFICALLY named the Spartan IIs after the Spartans of Sparta.

As per the problem with Johnson’s radiation sickness. He DOES have it. The Plasma Grenade incident, while staged by Oni to procure Johnson for development in Orion, was also a very REAL incident, and Johnson REALLY did become ill. The Flood would easily be able to take over a Spartan’s body, even with his upgrades. The only reason we haven’t seen it is because the main characters were the only Spartans in any Halo game with Flood.

actually it was cannon. i have heard someone at bungie say that it was johnsons clone. because johnson is a spartan 1 and spartans are cloned before they are made into spartans. so the johnson in halo1 was the clone and was a regular human. the johnson in halo2 and 3 was the origional with spartan 1 augmants. they ask him how he got off the ring and he says classified.

> actually it was cannon. i have heard someone at bungie say that it was johnsons clone. because johnson is a spartan 1 and spartans are cloned before they are made into spartans. so the johnson in halo1 was the clone and was a regular human. the johnson in halo2 and 3 was the origional with spartan 1 augmants. they ask him how he got off the ring and he says classified.

I don’t think so. It was said not to be canon and if Bungie said so it was probably a joke

duh. johnson survived by riding the elite like a skate board right to earth. now ask me and my[awsome] brain another[awsome] question.

> That wasn’t canon… but if I’ve to answer that:
>
>
>
> MAGIC snort snort

Made me laugh.

okay but explain what happend to the clone? spartans clones are returned to their parents to live out the lives that the spartan would have lived, however johnsons clone would have been older and he was already inlisted to the unsc so it would make sense that his clone would keep serving the unsc. who knows there may have been several clones. this would explain why johnson can get killed during the gameplay and then just come back in the next level. i think i saw johnson die like 20 times in halo 1…clone madness i say

> If you beat CE on Legendary or have seen the Legendary ending somewhere, you see Johnson and an Elite fighting each other. The Pillar of Autumn is about to explode, they hug each other, and the ring explodes. But how did Johnson survive that? Since hes in Halo 2 and so on.
>
> Be creative, but in your opinion, how do you think Johnson survived?

That’s an Easter egg. That doesn’t happen in the story.

On how he survives canonically. Johnson and a few marines make out of Halo before it blows up in a Pelican. Read Halo: First Strike and tells you about that.

> okay but explain what happend to the clone? spartans clones are returned to their parents to live out the lives that the spartan would have lived, however johnsons clone would have been older and he was already inlisted to the unsc so it would make sense that his clone would keep serving the unsc. who knows there may have been several clones. this would explain why johnson can get killed during the gameplay and then just come back in the next level. i think i saw johnson die like 20 times in halo 1…clone madness i say

That was with the Spartan II’s and III’s and those flash clones usually died fast due to them being cloned.

I don’t believe they did that with Johnson and other part of the ORION Project aka Spartan Is.

It’s classified.