How did Sgt. Johnson survive Halo?

Just played through Halo: CE on Legendary again yesterday, and the legendary ending… How did Sgt. Johnson survive a 100,000,000 degree explosion, followed by the ring planet being obliterated?
This question is as old as the internet, but I’d still like to see some of your guys’ answers.
Post your answers, this should be good. BE CREATIVE!
(Yeah, I just posted this on B.net, but seeing as they’ll be migrating over here soon, I’d like to see your guys’ answers as well.)

“That’s classified”

Or so he told us, no idea how. Probably one of those things they never intended to explain.

The legendary ending is not the real ending :slight_smile:

That’s what I was thinking, like it was simply supposed to be an easter egg ending.

I just wanted to see what you guys could come up with, be creative! :slight_smile:

Yeah the ending is just there for some laughs. I always thought Johnson managed to get away in an escape pod aboard the Autumn. Seems like the only possible way.

Okay, he was hugging the Elite and somehow was enveloped in the beast’s shields. They were both propelled into space from the explosion, the Elite died during the impact but Johnson survived. He rode the bloated alien corpse through space, feeding on the stinky blarg meat until he was picked up by a passing Covenant cruiser. After being taken prisoner he freed himself and single handedly fought off the entire crew and flew the ship home.

Is that what I’m suppose to say?
o 3o

Brilliant. c:

Im pretty sure he just took a pelican off the ring.

He armor locked for a long time, and then a ship found him in space.

He is -Yoink- Sgt Johnson! Of course he survived!

he transecened to a higher plane of existense

> Im pretty sure he just took a pelican off the ring.

So he made it to a pelican and took off in time, even though the Chief hardly made it. He was standing there when the Autumn detonated, there’s no way he made it to a slow -Yoink- pelican.

Maybe he didn’t make it off halo? From halo2 on sgt.johnson is actually a clone of the original. This is why he’ll appear in Halo 4 also.

> > Im pretty sure he just took a pelican off the ring.
>
> So he made it to a pelican and took off in time, even though the Chief hardly made it. He was standing there when the Autumn detonated, there’s no way he made it to a slow Yoink! pelican.

They said it was non-canon. It was probably a joke because they never thought halo or johnson would have been as big as they became.

Read First Strike.

Halo: First Strike. I suggest you read it.

If I remember correctly, Johnson at first should have been dead at the end of Halo (CE). But Bungie realize he was really popular and found some way to bring him back in Halo 2. Fan service beat everything.

Sgt Johnson, at the last second, initialized a static warp bubble that was powered by the heat from the fusion reactors explosion that transported him directly onto the Cairo Station super-mac platform. Johnson was very clever by hugging the Elite using it’s energy shield to protect him just up to the point that the blast would power the warp bubble.

It’s just a theory of mine!

Yeah, the Legendary ending is just a little non-canon easteregg.

That said, the way Sgt. Johnson actually got off of the Halo ring after escaping the flood outbreak really is a fun story that you must read the Halo Graphic Novel and First Strike to learn, which you should definitely do.

(aw, man, Grim made a serious answer. laaaame)