How did reach fall in the game?

i played through the game twice and i never really felt that the planet was under attack except maybe on new alexandria. How come they never show it getting glassed was kinda a disapointment if you ask me.

Due to gravity

ohhhhh

Reach falled in 30th August, when the last two levels (The Package and PoA) take place, almost all its surface was glassed, no more.

Condemned.

Never felt the planet was under attack??? Were you paying attention at all?

Reach was glassed by the covenant at the end of the game, New Alexandria forward if you want to skip straight to it’s destruction and avoid all the stuff with civilians getting slaughtered.

Although there are certain instances when you see Reach being glassed, he does have a point. On probably all the missions, save Long Night of Solace and New Alexandria, you are successful in your objectives and manage to kill a hell of a lot of Covenant in the process. Still, the death of Noble 6 and the following monologue did make me quite emotional.
But there was probably just something in my eye. hehe

It is true, you always complete the objectives, blow the hell out of the Covvies, it seems that you would be winning the battle.

> It is true, you always complete the objectives, blow the hell out of the Covvies, it seems that you would be winning the battle.

The same could be said for nearly every ground engagement the UNSC fought the Covenant on. Doesn’t mean squat when they bring in the glassing beams.

What I dislike most about Reach’s Campaign is the lack of visible glassing. And then the last map pack pours salt into those wounds by showing Reach glassed on two occasions in Multiplayer. I mean, it looks so epic on those maps and playing through them in the Campaign would given me a real sense of despair. Man, how I wish those vistas were in the campaign :frowning:

You make it seem like they just start to immediatly glass worlds as soon as they find them.

> Never felt the planet was under attack??? Were you paying attention at all?
>
>
>
>
> Reach was glassed by the covenant at the end of the game, New Alexandria forward if you want to skip straight to it’s destruction and avoid all the stuff with civilians getting slaughtered.

There were only 2 levels I felt any sense of loss: new Alexandria and Lone Wolf. The rest was a garbled -Yoink- of utter rubbish, moving from farms to some military base with some important artefact designed to shoehorn Cortana in which is where there actually forms a “plot” because the rest of the game is just movin’ and shootin’.

The books are better.

That’s also why this campaign was disappointing.

To answer your question OP, Reach never fell. Well, you never see it. Random Covies start showing up, skip time, lots of Covies show up so you must blow up the super carrier, you succeed with casualties, skip time, Reach is fully invaded, save some citizens, skip time, blow up radar jammers, Covies have destroyed most of Reach, find Cortana and get her off Reach, make a self sacrifice, Reach is almost entirely glassed, game ends with you dying.

Reach is mostly bombarded with you far away or knocked out. shakes head

> What I dislike most about Reach’s Campaign is the lack of visible glassing. And then the last map pack pours salt into those wounds by showing Reach glassed on two occasions in Multiplayer. I mean, it looks so epic on those maps and playing through them in the Campaign would given me a real sense of despair. Man, how I wish those vistas were in the campaign :frowning:

Like nearing the end of ODST? That was epic.

> You make it seem like they just start to immediatly glass worlds as soon as they find them.

you made it seem so.

I felt that ODST had a better way of showing a planet getting glassed/invaded. There was a Carrier and a bunch of other covenant ships all over flying over you and it seemed Earth was being invaded in ODST.There’s like two of them in Reach(on the same level) that start glassing but that’s about it.

to the people who said it din’t feel like they were losing because we kill a lot of covvies and win objectives did not pay much attention to their OWN team getting killed and you being the only one left at the end not only that after one of your noble team members get killed George I think another fleet of covenant comes in…form the comments it really sounds like they skipped the cutscenes,

I know people expect some end of the world apocalypse but I always saw reach as a sort of frontier world as in not the primary world of the human population

> 2533274949537157;18:
>

This topic is <mark>8 years old</mark>, there’s no need to revive topics that old. Please don’t do that in future, thanks.