How did gray team get captured?

now we all know that gray team is returning in halo:envoy but I’m puzzled with a simple question how did they get captured?

while I haven’t read the cole protacall I do understand why fans like gray team but to be captured in cryo that raises questions and might explain what they have been up to since 2551

It’s possible they got captured behind enemy lines, and since Gray Team can operate for years without communications no one would be sure.

Alternatively Gray Team’s Mongoose failed them.

Wait wait wait…
I love the Halo lore and try to keep up as best as I can, but when was it announced they were returning? And what the hell is so significant about this mongoose?

> 2533275063920007;3:
> Wait wait wait…
> I love the Halo lore and try to keep up as best as I can, but when was it announced they were returning? And what the hell is so significant about this mongoose?

It got announced in an previous community update.
During the Cole protocol,a member of Grey team used said mongoose as an weapon and swang it around,crushing enemys.

> 2535442569875751;2:
> It’s possible they got captured behind enemy lines, and since Gray Team can operate for years without communications no one would be sure.
>
> Alternatively Gray Team’s Mongoose failed them.

This seems like the most logical case. As it is true they work without assistance from the UNSC for long terms.
No one would know what happened unless/until Gray Team explains it. - Basically what Bulbaby said.

> 2533275063920007;3:
> Wait wait wait…
> I love the Halo lore and try to keep up as best as I can, but when was it announced they were returning? And what the hell is so significant about this mongoose?

They announced it with the release of halo envoy the squeal to halo oasis

The map included in Halo Envoy marks a place named “Gray Team’s crash site” near the Unwavering Discipline crash site , so it appears it was a battle on Carrow, Gray Team infiltrated the ship, but sh*t happened and they fell on the planet with the Covenant: https://www.halopedia.org/images/a/a5/Envoy_-_Carrow_map.jpg

> 2533275006069419;7:
> The map included in Halo Envoy marks a place named “Gray Team’s crash site” near the Unwavering Discipline crash site , so it appears it was a battle on Carrow, Gray Team infiltrated the ship, but sh*t happened and they fell on the planet with the Covenant: https://www.halopedia.org/images/a/a5/Envoy_-_Carrow_map.jpg

The greatest enemy of the Spartans; gravity.

They probably were too busy dabbing and got surrounded. Just a theory!

> 2535443375651749;9:
> They probably were too busy dabbing and got surrounded. Just a theory!

Nope, can’t see any flaw in that, 99.9% sure that’s how it’ll go down.

It must’ve been a trap.

It’s always a trap.