How did Blue Team get off Genesis?

Cortana pulled Blue Team onto Genesis. Osiris jumped to an, unknown to them, location (Genesis) with a Guardian.

Blue team fly into meet Halsey, Palmer and Swords at the end but how did they get off Genesis. Exuberant said he had 1 Scorpion but never said he had anything else, like pelicans lying around.

Can anyone explain this?

> 2533274852968937;1:
> Cortana pulled Blue Team onto Genesis. Osiris jumped to an, unknown to them, location (Genesis) with a Guardian.
>
> Blue team fly into meet Halsey, Palmer and Swords at the end but how did they get off Genesis. Exuberant said he had 1 Scorpion but never said he had anything else, like pelicans lying around.
>
> Can anyone explain this?

Well there was a bunch of Covenant there, maybe there were intact drop ships or larger ships? Or maybe they repairs a pelican they found? Or possibly even some form of Forerunner craft?
It could be easily explained in canon.

A lot of ships were pulled to Genesis, but we wont know the exact method until 343 tells us.

I thought blue team stayed on genesis until Osiris cam and rescued them, then they went on osiris pelican to SangheliosI thought that’s what happened

> 2535451336993939;4:
> I thought blue team stayed on genesis until Osiris cam and rescued them, then they went on osiris pelican to Sanghelios
> I thought that’s what happened

But Osiris didn’t have a Pelican. Palmer dropped them off at Sunion, remember?

> 2533274837720524;5:
> > 2535451336993939;4:
> > I thought blue team stayed on genesis until Osiris cam and rescued them, then they went on osiris pelican to Sanghelios
> > I thought that’s what happened
>
>
> But Osiris didn’t have a Pelican. Palmer dropped them off at Sunion, remember?

Oh yeah…Thats a pretty silly continuity error

And remember we only saw Blue Team at the end and we have no idea where Osiris went as Infinity was doing random slipspace jumps so they never went back there. Maybe they are busy in Spartan Ops Season 2 :slight_smile:

well Exuberance got Osiris a Tank. now that she has full control of the facility a doubt she would have trouble finding them a ride

> 2533274852968937;7:
> And remember we only saw Blue Team at the end and we have no idea where Osiris went as Infinity was doing random slipspace jumps so they never went back there. Maybe they are busy in Spartan Ops Season 2 :slight_smile:

Locke gets off the Pelican next to John?

From what I gather, homage to Sgt. Johnson’s CE escape!

1. Exuberant was able to find the two fireteams a Pelican.
  2. She transported them to a Sangheili controlled planet.
  3. They then hitchhiked on a corvette to wherever Infinity was hiding.
    Just don’t ask how communications were had with Cortana monitoring the entire galaxy to meet up.

Question, Cortana being the hacker she is, and knowledgeable of UNSC code and all, why could she not just take over a Spartan’s suit?
If she’s talking through your comms, she’s hacking.
Why don’t Infinity or the Spartans have a Cortana worm within their code?.. Who says they don’t? :smiley:

> 2603643534597848;10:
> From what I gather, homage to Sgt. Johnson’s CE escape!
>
> 1) Exuberant was able to find the two fireteams a Pelican.
> 2) She transported them to a Sangheili controlled planet.
> 3) They then hitchhiked on a corvette to wherever Infinity was hiding.
> Just don’t ask how communications were had with Cortana monitoring the entire galaxy to meet up.
>
> Question, Cortana being the hacker she is, and knowledgeable of UNSC code and all, why could she not just take over a Spartan’s suit?
> If she’s talking through your comms, she’s hacking.
> Why don’t Infinity or the Spartans have a Cortana worm within their code?.. Who says they don’t? :smiley:

You win! Before Halo 5 came out I was speculating about Cortana’s return. The first thing she says to Chief in Halo:CE is basically, “your architecture is not much different from the Autumn’s”.
She’s musing about controlling his armor the same way she controls Pillar of Autumn.
Canon from Halo: Fall of Reach tells us she can’t make Chief move, only act as a lubricant for his synapses so his reactions are faster.
But who’s to say she could not hijack or control the armor? I thought they might possibly bring Cortana back by reversing the Composer field to make a digital being into a physical one. Or maybe download her into a suit of armor a’la EDI from Mass Effect.

> 2533274816376242;9:
> > 2533274852968937;7:
> > And remember we only saw Blue Team at the end and we have no idea where Osiris went as Infinity was doing random slipspace jumps so they never went back there. Maybe they are busy in Spartan Ops Season 2 :slight_smile:
>
>
> Locke gets off the Pelican next to John?

Ok, I just remembered 4 getting off the ship when it landed.

Thanks

In response to how AI can interact with Mjolnir, read Last Light.

> 2533274816376242;13:
> In response to how AI can interact with Mjolnir, read Last Light.

Not AI, Cortana. A being created specifically to interact with MJOLNIR and hack systems.
Not controlling a suit like a zombie-skin, controlling its software and rewriting firmware… Like she CAN do. And as we know, doesn’t need a chip, though that is a plot device when needed.

> 2533274840474811;11:
> > 2603643534597848;10:
> > From what I gather, homage to Sgt. Johnson’s CE escape!
> >
> > 1) Exuberant was able to find the two fireteams a Pelican.
> > 2) She transported them to a Sangheili controlled planet.
> > 3) They then hitchhiked on a corvette to wherever Infinity was hiding.
> > Just don’t ask how communications were had with Cortana monitoring the entire galaxy to meet up.
> >
> > Question, Cortana being the hacker she is, and knowledgeable of UNSC code and all, why could she not just take over a Spartan’s suit?
> > If she’s talking through your comms, she’s hacking.
> > Why don’t Infinity or the Spartans have a Cortana worm within their code?.. Who says they don’t? :smiley:
>
>
> You win! Before Halo 5 came out I was speculating about Cortana’s return. The first thing she says to Chief in Halo:CE is basically, “your architecture is not much different from the Autumn’s”.
> She’s musing about controlling his armor the same way she controls Pillar of Autumn.
> Canon from Halo: Fall of Reach tells us she can’t make Chief move, only act as a lubricant for his synapses so his reactions are faster.
> But who’s to say she could not hijack or control the armor? I thought they might possibly bring Cortana back by reversing the Composer field to make a digital being into a physical one. Or maybe download her into a suit of armor a’la EDI from Mass Effect.

oh my…

Cortana is “lubing” the Chief huh?

Exuberance probably found them a pelican and then used the faculty to open a slipspace portal to Sanghelios.

> 2603643534597848;14:
> > 2533274816376242;13:
> > In response to how AI can interact with Mjolnir, read Last Light.
>
>
> Not AI, Cortana. A being created specifically to interact with MJOLNIR and hack systems.
> Not controlling a suit like a zombie-skin, controlling its software and rewriting firmware… Like she CAN do. And as we know, doesn’t need a chip, though that is a plot device when needed.

Firstly Cortana is an AI. I was actually supporting the notion of her possibly interfering with Mjolnir without including any spoiler type material for those who HAVEN’T read Last Light, so well done on that front…

> 2533274816376242;17:
> > 2603643534597848;14:
> > > 2533274816376242;13:
> > > In response to how AI can interact with Mjolnir, read Last Light.
> >
> >
> > Not AI, Cortana. A being created specifically to interact with MJOLNIR and hack systems.
> > Not controlling a suit like a zombie-skin, controlling its software and rewriting firmware… Like she CAN do. And as we know, doesn’t need a chip, though that is a plot device when needed.
>
>
> Firstly Cortana is an AI. I was actually supporting the notion of her possibly interfering with Mjolnir without including any spoiler type material for those who HAVEN’T read Last Light, so well done on that front…

I don’t believe you’re taking in Cortana’s existence as intended by the Librarian or ONI, or how any AI would simply have been burned from the Domain by the Warden.

I am not talking about AI’s, I am talking about Cortana, the “evolved ancilla.”

> 2603643534597848;18:
> > 2533274816376242;17:
> > > 2603643534597848;14:
> > > > 2533274816376242;13:
> > > > In response to how AI can interact with Mjolnir, read Last Light.
> > >
> > >
> > > Not AI, Cortana. A being created specifically to interact with MJOLNIR and hack systems.
> > > Not controlling a suit like a zombie-skin, controlling its software and rewriting firmware… Like she CAN do. And as we know, doesn’t need a chip, though that is a plot device when needed.
> >
> >
> > Firstly Cortana is an AI. I was actually supporting the notion of her possibly interfering with Mjolnir without including any spoiler type material for those who HAVEN’T read Last Light, so well done on that front…
>
>
> I don’t believe you’re taking in Cortana’s existence as intended by the Librarian or ONI, or how any AI would simply have been burned from the Domain by the Warden.
>
> I am not talking about AI’s, I am talking about Cortana, the “evolved ancilla.”

So? You’ve entirely missed my point. I was supporting your suggestion. If the events of Last Light can occur, then it lends credence to your suggestions regarding Cortana. By definition you ARE talking about AI because she is not a biological entity, she is an artificial intelligence. Who the hell argues with someone who agrees with them?!