How devs from the No. 1 FPS act...

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

http://360icons.com/forums/showthread.php/27654-Universal-Ruleset?p=342514&viewfull=1#post342514

Take notes 343. This is why Treyarch are outselling you and have hundreds of thousands of more players playing their game.

You copied their game mechanics now copy their demeanor.

Look how they are asking their fans for advice instead of ignoring and making fun of them.

Microsoft should just fire all of you and give your jobs to these guys.

I bet the guys from Black Ops could make a better Halo than 343. You know why? BECAUSE THEY LISTEN TO THEIR FANS INSTEAD OF THINKING THEY ARE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE.

Black Ops 2 is also a much better game than Halo 4.

Halo 3 is better then this garbage.

Community interaction? As in, like, interacting with the community?
B-b-but…

What if they want to get information?
What if one of us makes an oopsie in a post?
What if they ask us to _SH-SH-SH-SHARE OUR DEWRITOS_™?

That’s some groundbreaking stuff right there. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 343 do something like in all their time as a developer! Like really, they’ve never had players over to their studio to discuss game mechanics, or give folks early Forge previews to get feedback, or worked with Community Cartographers on maps…

^all sarcasm

rolls eyes at OP

> That’s some groundbreaking stuff right there. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 343 do something like in all their time as a developer! Like really, they’ve never had players over to their studio to discuss game mechanics, or give folks early Forge previews to get feedback, or worked with Community Cartographers on maps…
>
> ^all sarcasm
>
> rolls eyes at OP

They SAID they had players testing the game, but considering how bad the multiplayer is and how buggy and lacked of options Forge is, I doubt they did it or they just ignored all the feedback.

Or just had really really really bad play testers.

I wouldn’t say they aren’t listening to the community. Any developer in their right mind listens to the community and if you take off your “343 is always wrong goggles” for a second, you see it is unrealistic to say that they aren’t listening. They just aren’t talking back to let us know if they are doing something with what we all say.

  1. Black Ops outsells Halo 4 because it has a far further spread, hitting multiple consoles. There’s a wider market which means that there’s more friends telling friends, more community pressure into purchase and more people buying the game because the former is outdated.

  2. Halo has been around longer than the CoD franchise, and is one of the games that people consider “made” the FPS industry. Games like DOOM made the ball, but it was Halo that got it rolling like it is today.

  3. Decisions made by 343 are from thoughts from the community. Whether you like it or not, people wanted loadouts and other things that we saw in H4, doesn’t mean that it was what everyone wanted, but nobody can please everyone.

  4. Most decisions about streamlining the experience with loadouts is niche-wise, not franchise-wise. CoD isn’t the only game to do selective spawning, and to imply that Halo is literally copying CoD is like saying that Forza is copying Gran Turismo because one had a Pagani Zonda in it first.

  5. Bungie listened to the community, many Bungie employees now make up the 343 team, as they wanted to continue working on their game (but could not due to the loss of franchise due to their arrangement with Microsoft). They are the same people making the decisions, but changing the franchise into the more modern system which people seem to want it to be. Granting people choice in certain areas, such as loadouts, is the first step to that, allowing players to create setups and diversify the battlefield.

  6. Every developer, franchise and even niche has made a completely bad move, anything you seem to think is abyssmal in H4 is no different to any other franchise, the formula is never perfect for a game, as if it was, the gaming industry would collapse.

  7. If you aren’t satisfied with what you got, you are perfectly entitled to sell your game and leave the franchise, however I’m pretty sure that this is the random spurting that many gamers do when unsatisfied with a part(s) of the game: Whine about how “<Insert Game Here> is so much better and you’re worse than them, so give me what I want” and expect results. Sadly, I have a newsflash for you: 343 has neither the time nor incentive to wade through even a tenth of the refuse that you will throw out, and the fast that you pretty much opened your statement with “BO is better” means that the chances of anyone even authorized to change anything within current or future games is so slim that you may as well knock on random doors across the US for the possibility that a 343 developer will answer the door and listen to your ranting.

  8. This is getting boring, I’m going to go now and start playing H4 again, you’re entitled to continue to whine over the unending game wars, or you could do something productive with your time, like read a book, complete some urgent work, sign up for voluntary work or even go out and get a(nother) job, but it’s more than likely you’ll either:

  • Continue to complain about the current status of Halo
  • leave this post and continue playing H4 for a while (probably before finding another reason to complain and returning to the forum

Let’s see if you can prove me wrong.

Interesting and good on Treyarch. I hate them but still, that I like to see. Only other devs I’ve seen take a clear interest in the community is Turn 10 and of course Bungie.

I would suggest this thread gets locked before all the trolls come or people start flaming you for saying that Treyarch would make a better Halo and the Halo Elitists just flame you for saying the people who make COD should make the Halo games…

The first thing that caught my eye in their list of 3 is the third item that appeared to call for both casual and competitive playlists to use the same… everything.

The problem I see with this is that the casuals don’t play like the competitive, so it never works. The competitive ARE different from the casual for a reason - they don’t like the casual play (for whatever reasonsssss).

So I don’t really buy that list in the first place.

Or did I not understand what he was saying by “merge”?

> That’s some groundbreaking stuff right there. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 343 do something like in all their time as a developer! Like really, they’ve never had players over to their studio to discuss game mechanics, or give folks early Forge previews to get feedback, or worked with Community Cartographers on maps…
>
> ^all sarcasm
>
> rolls eyes at OP

You’re SO RIGHT! They had all of that and still messed up the game!

Black Ops 2 functions far better as a game and remains truer to its fanbase than this franchise.

treyarch is way worse than 343. you say 343 copied cod which is true, but treyarch just copies what infinity ward puts into the call of duty games which makes them so good. treyarch is responsible for two of the worsts cods to come out in call of duty 3, and cod world at war. the only thing they did right was -Yoink!- zombies and not everyone even likes that

> The first thing that caught my eye in their list of 3 is the third item that appeared to call for both casual and competitive playlists to use the same… everything.
>
> The problem I see with this is that the casuals don’t play like the competitive, so it never works. The competitive ARE different from the casual for a reason - they don’t like the casual play (for whatever reasonsssss).

What, like the Pro and Casual version of Chess?

No wait… that doesn’t exit.

Actually, 11 people maximum from bungie.

> http://360icons.com/forums/showthread.php/27654-Universal-Ruleset?p=342514&viewfull=1#post342514
>
> Take notes 343. This is why Treyarch are outselling you and have hundreds of thousands of more players playing their game.
>
> You copied their game mechanics now copy their demeanor.
>
> Look how they are asking their fans for advice instead of ignoring and making fun of them.
>
> Microsoft should just fire all of you and give your jobs to these guys.
>
> I bet the guys from Black Ops could make a better Halo than 343. You know why? BECAUSE THEY LISTEN TO THEIR FANS INSTEAD OF THINKING THEY ARE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE.

Call of Duty is outselling Halo because it is 1) multiplatform, 2) more accessible, 3) has a smaller learning curve, 4) more casual-friendly.
It seems that every time Call of Duty is brought up here, there’s a flame-fest against it except when it’s convenient. It appears that a lot of people have seem to have forgotten the questionable actions of Treyarch and Infinity Ward and the other CoD developers in the past. Even Black Ops II generated a lot of displeasure in the CoD community before it’s release.
"You" also seem to forget that 343 took advice from the community countless times. Only when it seems convenient for the “haters” is 343 claimed to be ignoring the fans. And not once have they made fun of them.
Halo and 343 has made Microsoft money. A lot of money. Why would they fire them?
No Call of Duty developer would do a better job of making Halo because they don’t make Halo. They never have. They never will. They make Call of Duty.
P.S. If you really think Treyarch and Infinity Ward are doing such a good job, go play their game. Don’t spew this venom here.

> > http://360icons.com/forums/showthread.php/27654-Universal-Ruleset?p=342514&viewfull=1#post342514
> >
> > Take notes 343. This is why Treyarch are outselling you and have hundreds of thousands of more players playing their game.
> >
> > You copied their game mechanics now copy their demeanor.
> >
> > Look how they are asking their fans for advice instead of ignoring and making fun of them.
> >
> > Microsoft should just fire all of you and give your jobs to these guys.
> >
> > I bet the guys from Black Ops could make a better Halo than 343. You know why? BECAUSE THEY LISTEN TO THEIR FANS INSTEAD OF THINKING THEY ARE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE.
>
> Call of Duty is outselling Halo because it is 1) multiplatform, 2) more accessible, 3) has a smaller learning curve, 4) more casual-friendly.
> It seems that every time Call of Duty is brought up here, there’s a flame-fest against it except when it’s convenient. It appears that a lot of people have seem to have forgotten the questionable actions of Treyarch and Infinity Ward and the other CoD developers in the past. Even Black Ops II generated a lot of displeasure in the CoD community before it’s release.
> “You” also seem to forget that 343 took advice from the community countless times. Only when it seems convenient for the “haters” is 343 claimed to be ignoring the fans. And not once have they made fun of them.
> Halo and 343 has made Microsoft money. A lot of money. Why would they fire them?
> No Call of Duty developer would do a better job of making Halo because they don’t make Halo. They never have. They never will. They make Call of Duty.
> P.S. If you really think Treyarch and Infinity Ward are doing such a good job, go play their game. Don’t spew this venom here.

People buy Call of Duty because they know exactly what it will be like when they start playing. This is how Halo used to be, but no longer is.

> People buy Call of Duty because they know exactly what it will be like when they start playing. This is how Halo used to be, but no longer is.

That’s their fault for not being informed.
In an era where information is freely and easily accessible through the Internet, consumers should know exactly what the features of product they plan on purchasing are.

> > People buy Call of Duty because they know exactly what it will be like when they start playing. This is how Halo used to be, but no longer is.
>
> That’s their fault for not being informed.
> In an era where information is freely and easily accessible through the Internet, consumers should know exactly what the features of product they plan on purchasing are.

Unless, ya’know, it’s assumed the game would be progressive in Forge and Custom game improvements instead of going backwards with lesser and limited features. And split screen lag. And the File Share system being up and running on day one as it was with Halo 3. Yeah, our bad.

This is why people are having a hard time trusting 343 right now.