How degenerate the community has become

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

TL:DR down the bottom.
It was just after the launch of halo reach. I had been
playing halo ever since CE and the community was a solid friendly non-cancerous community. Once halo 3 came out urk was at his peak of power with the ban hammer, the flood was the best forum board, the other halo boards had the majority of people saying how much they loved the games and wanted other people to join them in games and halo 3 custom games were friendly casual fun. At this time as well halo was peaking at MLG. It’s rise to power made all the other fps’s look like casual pleb tier games; but now, now we’re the laughing stock of the gaming community.
It was just after the launch of halo reach. Everyone was max rank pre-patch before the new ranks (Lt Commander I think? Correct me if I’m wrong) All of our spartan credits were above 100,000 ready to spend on the flaming helmet or other in game shenanigans and the community was dying. I remember my first playlist I spent the majority of time in was invasion and bah gawd wasn’t invasion fun but then incidents started to occur. Team mates would purposely kill you for your power weapon and once you killed them just to get it back BAM! Out of the game and banned for a certain amount of time. Okay why not, I did betray him after all. So off I go to play infection, after 2 or 3 games in the first infected chosen would quit, then his replacement would quit, then that’s guys would quit and so on and so forth until there was no one left in the game or some one manned up to be the infected. Okay I can understand you don’t want to be first infected but its for only one round. So off I go to play one of my favorite game types at the time: SWAT. I can clearly remember one game I had, I was on a team of, I don’t even know how old they were but how did eb games or GameStop or whoever let them by this game? And all I can hear was constant f-this and f-that and OMG you’re a hacker and screaming at the top of their lungs for about 5 minutes before I decided to mute them. These occurences happened constantly then and pushed to me stop playing halo for a long time.
Then Halo 4 was released.
The less said about halo 4 the better, but there would always be one guy on my team in game chat just constantly swearing his mouth off most likely tipping his fedora at his mountain dew for keeping him from smashing his TV. About this time I came back to the forums. I noticed a massive change here. I hadn’t been to the halo forums since the launch of Halo reach and the biggest change was that the flood was dying. So I moved to the normal Halo 4 forums and just about every thread was a negative thread. “SCREW 343, WE WANT BUNGIEDESU SENPAI!” “THIS IS TOO OP PLZ NERF 343” “WE WANT FRANKIES HEAD!” just to name a few thread names. This is when I noticed either the community was infected with a new breed of halo players that would turn everything the older players loved sour or we all just had a thing for 343 destroying a thing we loved and trying to change it for their own selves. Mind you guys bungie recently became the greedy ones with the Marty O’Donnell lawsuit. So again off I went not even half way through Halo 4s life span and I was done with the community once again, not just because of Halo 4 but because the negativity of the new community.
A couple of year go by and the next gen consoles get released. I at the time moved to PS4 and was loving every moment there on battlefield 4 and Infamous Second Son (You guys gotta admit it, Infamous Second Son was a beautiful and amazing game)then out of the shadows I hear the news “343 to revive Halos from CE to 4 in the Master Chief collection” it was then and their I knew I was going to come back to this community. Months go by and destiny comes out. I played it and I enjoyed destiny but I didn’t care about it, my eyes were on Halo:Mcc. (Before I continue I will give you guys this, you guys are 10xx better than that cancerous destiny community. If I had to choose who to kill off first it would be them) Then it happened, Halo:MCC was released quickly I finished all the campaigns on normal on the first 2 days then I went to the multiplayer side where I was saddened and dishearten by the buggy mess that was 343’s servers. Rarely could I find games and when I did one team would be disadvantaged because they would lose one or more people in the loading screen due to the crappy servers. I didn’t stay on Mcc for long nor did I stay here for too long, I probably played Mcc for 2-4 weeks before I went back to Destiny.
Now here we are, at Halo 5. This community has became one of the most changed communities. To be honest I enjoy halo 5 for both casual and competitive, Onyx 1 and Diamond 1 in 3 playlists, I absolutely love warzone and the campaign was solid. I came back here when the game was released to see if the community has changed for the better but it hasn’t. The majority of you guys will say to people who want help “Git gud skrub or get offline!” And when there’s something that you don’t like within the game that you believe that is absolutely game breaking yous would say “Ermagard gaem is broken, this game wont last”. Do I see a bright future for Halo? Yeah I do. Do I see a bright future for this community? Absolutely hell no, why? Because you’re all whining about the stupid things and aren’t enjoying the little things. Hell I know I’m whining about you guys but some of you people really need to wake up to yourselves and just say " This is just a game, he might be worse than me but hell that guy over there is way better than me, I’ll strive to become better just like him and just enjoy the game along the way" I know it sounds like I left the community in stages of anger and rage but each time I left I knew I was coming back, I love halo and that’s why I’m here. There’s a lot of you guys that are in the same position as me, but to the rest of you who make this community degenerate and give us all a bad name here on the forums and in game, grow up.
TL:DR, I left this place a couple of times, I came back a couple of times. Communtiy started to become degenerate hell for those who just enjoy a simple game. Gg grow up those who make us look bad.
EDIT:
I know it sounds like I’m sucking up to 343i but in whole honesty I’m not. Like a majority of you guys I am angry with their previous installments, but what I’m extremely upset about is their interaction with the “Community”. From what I’ve been seeing and hearing from different social media posts to threads on Reddit and to just news in general, 343I have mainly listened to the pro-gaming community (Hence why in the sprint you see pro gamers such as pistola giving their feed back) Personally 343 hasn’t reached out to common folk like myself and I haven’t seen them here since their apology for Halo:Mcc. My take on it is that I am disappointed with their community interaction and would like to see them " actually listen to us" and not lie about it. So there’s my biggest peev on 343.

It’s the new generations of gamers, etc. It’s the same for just about anything nowadays, we live in a society where ignorance reigns supreme. For now anyway, I’m sure it’ll fluctuate back and forth as humanity grows.

> 2533274838804559;2:
> It’s the new generations of gamers, etc. It’s the same for just about anything nowadays, we live in a society where ignorance reigns supreme. For now anyway, I’m sure it’ll fluctuate back and forth as humanity grows.

Yeah that’s true. I really wish that there was a way to just change the degenerate swine into making them respectable members within this community. Or if we can just send them back to -Yoink!-.

Agreed. I came on this forum when Halo 5 was coming out and all I’ve seen is negative posts. About ranking system, lack of content, lack of aim assist, etc. The game has only been out for a week. Enjoy it and have fun. Stop complaining and play the game.

Nah. This community isn’t nearly as bad as the Destiny community. That board is nothing but a salt mine.

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

> 2783251376874448;5:
> Nah. This community isn’t nearly as bad as the Destiny community. That board is nothing but a salt mine.

Yeah I mentioned that.
“Hurr trials of Osiris partners needed must be 320 light with Pulse rifles, I’m a 120 hunter ready to go with my Ghjllarhorn” I swear that community is more dense than an Indian village.

let me guess, you play with friends who are good at the game with you.

> 2533274821339472;7:
> let me guess, you play with friends who are good at the game with you.

Actually believe it or not, I play mainly by myself.

> 2533274864459180;8:
> > 2533274821339472;7:
> > let me guess, you play with friends who are good at the game with you.
>
>
> Actually believe it or not, I play mainly by myself.

your a member of a clan called try hards haha. I highly doubt you play by yourself.

> 2533274821339472;9:
> > 2533274864459180;8:
> > > 2533274821339472;7:
> > > let me guess, you play with friends who are good at the game with you.
> >
> >
> > Actually believe it or not, I play mainly by myself.
>
>
> your a member of a clan called try hards haha. I highly doubt you play by yourself.

And I know no one in that clan. Only joined because easy req pack.

The OP understands, you deserve this magnificent beast of a game. Thank you for not believing in halo, even when half the community thinks that the games belongs to them and anything that they don’t like should nerfed and removed from the game. Plus +1 for the OP of this great thread

> 2533274864459180;10:
> > 2533274821339472;9:
> > > 2533274864459180;8:
> > > > 2533274821339472;7:
> > > > let me guess, you play with friends who are good at the game with you.
> > >
> > >
> > > Actually believe it or not, I play mainly by myself.
> >
> >
> > your a member of a clan called try hards haha. I highly doubt you play by yourself.
>
>
> And I know no one in that clan. Only joined because easy req pack.

I still dont believe you play on your own.

> 2533274821339472;12:
> > 2533274864459180;10:
> > > 2533274821339472;9:
> > > > 2533274864459180;8:
> > > > > 2533274821339472;7:
> > > > > let me guess, you play with friends who are good at the game with you.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Actually believe it or not, I play mainly by myself.
> > >
> > >
> > > your a member of a clan called try hards haha. I highly doubt you play by yourself.
> >
> >
> > And I know no one in that clan. Only joined because easy req pack.
>
>
> I still dont believe you play on your own.

Believe what you want, still irrelevant to the original topic of the post.

> 2535455905503287;11:
> The OP understands, you deserve this magnificent beast of a game. Thank you for not believing in halo, even when half the community thinks that the games belongs to them and anything that they don’t like should nerfed and removed from the game. Plus +1 for the OP of this great thread

well say goodbye to the community and i guess all who will be left are mlg wannabees, this game needs to change fast.

> 2783251376874448;5:
> Nah. This community isn’t nearly as bad as the Destiny community. That board is nothing but a salt mine.

Nah the Destiny forums are already past a salt mine. It’s a toxic wasteland

Come. Join us at the Halo Reddit, where all the salt has been swept away after the months of MCC, where the community is mostly understanding of each other

> 2533274803137071;16:
> Come. Join us at the Halo Reddit, where all the salt has been swept away after the months of MCC, where the community is mostly understanding of each other

Ehh I’m not a Reddit guy, used to go there for r/greentext.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, its time to break out the Composer.

> 2533274907200114;18:
> Said it before and I’ll say it again, its time to break out the Composer.

Wouldn’t be enough, gonna have to light the rings.

> 2533274821339472;14:
> > 2535455905503287;11:
> > The OP understands, you deserve this magnificent beast of a game. Thank you for not believing in halo, even when half the community thinks that the games belongs to them and anything that they don’t like should nerfed and removed from the game. Plus +1 for the OP of this great thread
>
>
> well say goodbye to the community and i guess all who will be left are mlg wannabees, this game needs to change fast.

I’ll be here for a while and I’m a casual. Warzone could keep me playing for years.