How come you cant see peoples ranks in pregame

I liked the old pregame lobbies better.

People tend to leave the lobby/game, if they feel the game won’t be in their favor. I agree; the pregame lobby could use a bit more work, but I understand why they won’t show ranks and/or K/D in the pre-match lobby.

> 2533274884269477;2:
> People tend to leave the lobby/game, if they feel the game won’t be in their favor. I agree; the pregame lobby could use a bit more work, but I understand why they won’t show ranks and/or K/D in the pre-match lobby.

Once you are matched with opponents it shouldnt let you back out.

> 2533274805919869;3:
> > 2533274884269477;2:
> > People tend to leave the lobby/game, if they feel the game won’t be in their favor. I agree; the pregame lobby could use a bit more work, but I understand why they won’t show ranks and/or K/D in the pre-match lobby.
>
>
> Once you are matched with opponents it shouldnt let you back out.

Doesn’t mean you can’t crash the game to the dashboard. Unfortunately like the guy above said, people tend to prefer games stacked in their favor. That’s just the generation of gamers we have today. Few people like challenges anymore.

Is it so hard for 343 to take something that was obviously superior in H2 and 3, and utilize it?
I’d really like to know why they’re so hellbent on separating themselves from the good Halos.

Once the lobby is full, lock the players in (would count as a quit and loss if worked around), and show the ranks (which should be 1-50…but that’s another story).
It’s not -Yoinking!- hard, guys. The ideas were already put in place for you by the actually talented Max Hoberman.

At high ranks, you can tell who you’re playing by their emblems anyway since the player pool is smaller. It does cut down on the quitting, but the lobby could look better.

> 2661949065475413;4:
> > 2533274805919869;3:
> > > 2533274884269477;2:
> > > People tend to leave the lobby/game, if they feel the game won’t be in their favor. I agree; the pregame lobby could use a bit more work, but I understand why they won’t show ranks and/or K/D in the pre-match lobby.
> >
> >
> > Once you are matched with opponents it shouldnt let you back out.
>
>
> Doesn’t mean you can’t crash the game to the dashboard. Unfortunately like the guy above said, people tend to prefer games stacked in their favor. That’s just the generation of gamers we have today. Few people like challenges anymore.

Thats where the banhammer comes into play

> 2727626560040591;6:
> At high ranks, you can tell who you’re playing by their emblems anyway since the player pool is smaller. It does cut down on the quitting, but the lobby could look better.

Come on guys, it only cuts down on quitting before the game starts. We all know the majority of games have a few quitters no matter what. Lot of kids out there can’t handle losing, or coming back from a loss.

They should lock you in, like a previous poster mentioned, and immediately replace that lobby quitter before the game starts (I emphasize no JIP per se).

> 2533274805919869;7:
> > 2661949065475413;4:
> > > 2533274805919869;3:
> > > > 2533274884269477;2:
> > > > People tend to leave the lobby/game, if they feel the game won’t be in their favor. I agree; the pregame lobby could use a bit more work, but I understand why they won’t show ranks and/or K/D in the pre-match lobby.
> > >
> > >
> > > Once you are matched with opponents it shouldnt let you back out.
> >
> >
> > Doesn’t mean you can’t crash the game to the dashboard. Unfortunately like the guy above said, people tend to prefer games stacked in their favor. That’s just the generation of gamers we have today. Few people like challenges anymore.
>
>
> Thats where the banhammer comes into play

Not if you crash the game to the dashboard before the game starts, ban hammer does not count and the matchmaking will just find new players before match starts.

Yea i wan you to try going to the dashboard during your games tell me how that turns out.

> 2535446363400300;9:
> Not if you crash the game to the dashboard before the game starts, ban hammer does not count and the matchmaking will just find new players before match starts.

I agree with that. I also would like a more informative post game dashboard. There isn’t much info on there. …how hard can it be?

> 2533274805919869;7:
> > 2661949065475413;4:
> > > 2533274805919869;3:
> > > > 2533274884269477;2:
> > > > People tend to leave the lobby/game, if they feel the game won’t be in their favor. I agree; the pregame lobby could use a bit more work, but I understand why they won’t show ranks and/or K/D in the pre-match lobby.
> > >
> > >
> > > Once you are matched with opponents it shouldnt let you back out.
> >
> >
> > Doesn’t mean you can’t crash the game to the dashboard. Unfortunately like the guy above said, people tend to prefer games stacked in their favor. That’s just the generation of gamers we have today. Few people like challenges anymore.
>
>
> Thats where the banhammer comes into play

The banhammer is a joke

to quitters maybe

I would prefer to know what kinda team i’m matched with. If i get some kids with bad looking service records, at least I can mentally prepare to have to do the heavy lifting. Also what if i want to party up wtih my team pregame? I can’t do that now.

People chicken out.

I like not knowing. You treat everyone the same instead of playing more defensively because you are against some higher level players.

The current pre-game lobby sucks, but keeping the ranks hidden is a smart move. Quitting would really shoot through the roof if you could see the opposing team’s ranks.

It would help to know because you can change your strategy pregame.

There was a big problem in past halo games, especially in BTB, where people would drop out immediately if they thought the other team was going to wreck them.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> At high ranks, you can tell who you’re playing by their emblems anyway since the player pool is smaller. It does cut down on the quitting, but the lobby could look better.

Yeah, I’d still like a straightforward picture of what’s about to happen so I know if I need to play aggressively or play the backfield a bit more than usual. I liked the old lobbies where you’d find a match, have a little time in there to trashtalk, wish well, etc and then start. Also this would be helpful just so I know who the hell is talking without going into the match details in the way-too-short post game lobby. Again, the post game lobby use to show you who was talking and allow everyone to converse for a few seconds before dumping everyone out. Case in point … last night I was talking to a guy the whole game (no idea the GT), then after the game when I wanted to invite him, it separated us all and I had no F-ing clue who he was. It’s the small things that would really help this game out.