How come the DMR doesn't work like they say it does??

In the intel section you will find a description of the DMR Link. In the description it states that the DMR has 2 modes of fire: automatic and semi-automatic. I think this would have been a cool idea to see in action. I remember seeing some H2 footage pre-release of something like this for the BR. Why do you think they wouldn’t/couldn’t make this happen??

> In the intel section you will find a description of the DMR Link. In the description it states that the DMR has 2 modes of fire: automatic and semi-automatic. I think this would have been a cool idea to see in action. I remember seeing some H2 footage pre-release of something like this for the BR. Why do you think they wouldn’t/couldn’t make this happen??

I always wanted the Halo 2 pre-release BR to exist…

I’d actually love to see a weapon in Halo that has different firing modes. The closest thing with have to that is the grenade launcher in Reach; bounce and let it explode, or release RT to let it explode.

Anyway, it think it’s just extremely hard to balance a weapon in Halo when you can use it for single-shot or burst-fire and fully-automatic fire. Just imagine if the DMR had an automatic mode; a short 4- or 5-rounds burst to pop shields, then aim for the head. Well, at least it would reduce kill times, so it wouldn’t be all that bad.

> Well, at least it would reduce kill times, so it wouldn’t be all that bad.

Depends on how long you like your kill times :wink:

I prefer the longer kill times in Reach. If I want quick kill times, I’ll play Bad Company 2. I like Reach’s focus on countering and out-maneuvering.

Then we’d have a headshot capable fullauto :slight_smile: And since the DMR fires the sized rounds as the AR, it really does beg the question, why does one headshot and the other doesn’t?

All I know is that compared to the DMR or BR, the AR has a shorter barrel with a more cushiony method of recoil dampening. It retains accuracy but looses precision and doesn’t build up as much punch/speed on the bullets as the BR or DMR do because of their even longer barrels with bullpup configuration.

The AR and DMR could both be FAs that headshot, one scoped, one not. The AR with more ROF but even less precision than the DMR. The DMR would have a more precise reticle than the AR, in function. It would be akin to the difference between an SMG and AR in videogame function. (Sorta how the AR is intended in CE, the Pistol was not suppose to be a Battle Rifle in Pistols clothing however ;))