How come impact/relay isn't in matchmaking?

See topic.

I’ve messes around in some customs and its really fun. Any idea why it’s not in match making.

Any info is great.

That is yet another unexplainable decision. Or maybe it was an oversight?
Such is the nature of the developer creature. It will do unexplainable things.

I can’t wait for custom maps and the forge maps to make their way into matchmaking. it would make the game so much more fun.

> That is yet another unexplainable decision. Or maybe it was an oversight?
> Such is the nature of the developer creature. It will do unexplainable things.

What this guy said and the fact that 343 haven’t finished the game and are still fixing bugs that are so clear it is even more unexplainable to why they weren’t fixed in their internal BETA.

Put it, you won’t be seeing those for a while and if they aren’t up the week leading into Christmas, most of the population will be gone and there won’t be any point in releasing them.

I played Lockout, or whatever it’s called, 4v4 over Live, and my gf played with me on my TV so we played splitscreen.

Either the map was very poorly forged, or the system can’t handle forged maps in splitscreen, the frame rate dropped constantly making it really difficult to play. I guess that’s the reason why they aren’t used.

Didn’t play Relay, but I suspect they suffer from the same things.

Anyone can confirm?

> I can’t wait for custom maps and the forge maps to make their way into matchmaking. it would make the game so much more fun.

Eeyup. I’ve already made a map to be tested and played for the chance to submit it for potential matchmaking.

> I played Lockout, or whatever it’s called, 4v4 over Live, and my gf played with me on my TV so we played splitscreen.
>
> Either the map was very poorly forged, or the system can’t handle forged maps in splitscreen, the frame rate dropped constantly making it really difficult to play. I guess that’s the reason why they aren’t used.
>
> Didn’t play Relay, but I suspect they suffer from the same things.
>
> Anyone can confirm?

I’ve played a day or two splitscreen just me and my brother in matchmaking. It seems that this game simply has slight frame rate issues in general, but significantly more in splitscreen (every now and then). I cannot confirm forge maps though, since I have played my own relatively small forge map in splitscreen without lag, but that was alone. For the map, I’ve used 9k/10k budget, having only a few of the main construction objects remaining.

The game has poor frame-rate issues in general as stated above.

Play Exile dominion and in the middle base (B) have two or three players shooting while the shields are up and the game practically breaks. Throw some grenades and the game starts dieing LOL even on my Slim. Happens every-time.

> The game has poor frame-rate issues in general as stated above.
>
> Play Exile dominion and in the middle base (B) have two or three players shooting while the shields are up and the game practically breaks. Throw some grenades and the game starts dieing LOL even on my Slim. Happens every-time.

You do realise slims have the same hardware specs? Thats how consoles work.

And yet another guy who does the “game is unfinished” argument, sigh…

The three forge maps weren’t intended finished for game launch, and still aren’t. I think the latest bulletin’ says that they are scheduled to be ready in a couple of weeks from now. You should be happy they even showed you their variants of the map. They could’ve just shipped the game without them and you wouldn’t even have known anything about them until they were put into MM.

They’re probably nervous about releasing them after all the hate bungie got for their forge maps in reach.

> I played Lockout, or whatever it’s called, 4v4 over Live, and my gf played with me on my TV so we played splitscreen.
>
> Either the map was very poorly forged, or the system can’t handle forged maps in splitscreen, the frame rate dropped constantly making it really difficult to play. I guess that’s the reason why they aren’t used.
>
> Didn’t play Relay, but I suspect they suffer from the same things.
>
> Anyone can confirm?

Because of the dynamic lighting in forge the Xbox is at it’s limit when you play splitscreen on forge maps which creates the framerate lag on those maps when anything happens.