How can there be lag with dedicated servers?

Been more lag in this game recently than Destiny. Not understanding why it’s happening since theirs dedicated servers. Every other game there’s been at least one guy teleporting around the maps.

-Thanks

Destiny has dedicated servers too don’t they? I haven’t been on Destiny in a long time, but I remember the lag on that game was atrocious. If this is worse than Destiny than we are all in trouble.

Because ALL of these servers are in friggin’ AMERICA.

Try playing from Europe, I DARE YOU. 200 ms. IT IS UNPLAYABLE.

Player A - Server
Server - Player B
Player B - Server
Server - Player A

If packets of data take to long to upload from one persons connection, no matter where its going, You will experience ‘lag’ or at least see the other person rubberbanding all over the place.

The dedicated servers should stop one person having the upper hand of being the host. But lag will always be there unless everyone playing in the match has a great connection to the server.

> 2533274812698627;3:
> Because ALL of these servers are in friggin’ AMERICA.
>
> Try playing from Europe, I DARE YOU. 200 ms. IT IS UNPLAYABLE.

There’s servers here in Ireland

> 2533274812698627;3:
>

How is this suppose to be our fault …??

I am not even in America and it’s fine on my end.
I don’t play games when it’s 6pm - 9pm … where most of the Bandwidth is used.

> 2533274961306591;2:
> Destiny has dedicated servers too don’t they? I haven’t been on Destiny in a long time, but I remember the lag on that game was atrocious. If this is worse than Destiny than we are all in trouble.

No, it didn’t.

IDK

> 2533274874103116;4:
> Player A - Server
> Server - Player B
> Player B - Server
> Server - Player A
>
> If packets of data take to long to upload from one persons connection, no matter where its going, You will experience ‘lag’ or at least see the other person rubberbanding all over the place.
>
> The dedicated servers should stop one person having the upper hand of being the host. But lag will always be there unless everyone playing in the match has a great connection to the server.

and that great connection does a little bit fall in hand with your interenet provider. if you are paying bare minimum for internet dont complain about a lousy connection

> 2535431041585709;6:
> > 2533274812698627;3:
> > Because ALL of these servers are in friggin’ AMERICA.
> >
> > Try playing from Europe, I DARE YOU. 200 ms. IT IS UNPLAYABLE.
>
>
> How is this suppose to be our fault …??
>
> I am not even in America and it’s fine on my end.
> I don’t play games when it’s 6pm - 9pm … where most of the Bandwidth is used.

Did I ever state it was somehow your fault? It is 343’s, simple as that.

> 2533274881086487;9:
> > 2533274874103116;4:
> > Player A - Server
> > Server - Player B
> > Player B - Server
> > Server - Player A
> >
> > If packets of data take to long to upload from one persons connection, no matter where its going, You will experience ‘lag’ or at least see the other person rubberbanding all over the place.
> >
> > The dedicated servers should stop one person having the upper hand of being the host. But lag will always be there unless everyone playing in the match has a great connection to the server.
>
>
> and that great connection does a little bit fall in hand with your interenet provider. if you are paying bare minimum for internet dont complain about a lousy connection

Yup true. I would like to know where the Halo servers are. What state they are in. Do they use the MS ones? I’m going to assume California for some of them at least, then some more on the east coast.

Fortunately there’s s network statistics in the Xbox one settings. It will tell you your download speed, upload speed, ping, and packet loss.

For all of those who don’t know, the higher the download speed, the better. If you are under 10Mbps download you’re probably going to have a bad time. If you’re under 1.0 Mbps upload you’re probably going to have a bad time. If your ping is higher than 100 you’re going to have a bad time. (Lower ping is better). If you have any packet loss you’re going to have a bad experience.

> 2533274846706692;5:
> > 2533274812698627;3:
> > Because ALL of these servers are in friggin’ AMERICA.
> >
> > Try playing from Europe, I DARE YOU. 200 ms. IT IS UNPLAYABLE.
>
>
> There’s servers here in Ireland

True and you can really feel it when you are getting connected to those servers. Sadly you are getting connected to US servers most of the time.

dedicated servers DOES NOT MEAN THEY FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS. of course theres still going to be lag there are thousands of people on the servers probably all the time especially considering europe has to connect to the U.S server

i would suggest OP take a networking class

> 2533274812698627;10:
> > 2535431041585709;6:
> > > 2533274812698627;3:
> > > Because ALL of these servers are in friggin’ AMERICA.
> > >
> > > Try playing from Europe, I DARE YOU. 200 ms. IT IS UNPLAYABLE.
> >
> >
> > How is this suppose to be our fault …??
> >
> > I am not even in America and it’s fine on my end.
> > I don’t play games when it’s 6pm - 9pm … where most of the Bandwidth is used.
>
>
> Did I ever state it was somehow your fault? It is 343’s, simple as that.

Maybe he works for 343… lol

I’m here in the US with 80 mbs down, 6 up, and 24 ms. But I see someone in the game lagging pretty bad every couple games. Just played a Warzone match a couple days ago where it was just me and 3 of my friends against a while team of 12 and it lagged like crazy.

> 2535449665894532;17:
> I’m here in the US with 80 mbs down, 6 up, and 24 ms. But I see someone in the game lagging pretty bad every couple games. Just played a Warzone match a couple days ago where it was just me and 3 of my friends against a while team of 12 and it lagged like crazy.

maybe someone from europe was in that game i had that happen to me too

Because they bought their servers from the radio shack discount bargain bin :slight_smile:

> 2533274812698627;3:
>

Lol seriously? I was suffering over 300 and I am in the US