How can Spartans (Or anyone) defeat Prometheans?

This is something that has really bugged me ever since Prometehan’s were shown to just be another enemy type. When I first heard about these giant Forerunner death bots I thought that there’d probably be about 10 or so across the world with each being a different boss battle and Didact being their leader along with Final Boss. Think of the Wardens from Saints Row IV. Ha, or just Warden Eternal.

It seems pretty weird that with only about 7,000 years of advancement we humans are capable of defeating death robots with hundreds of thousands of years worth of technology pumped into them. I understand how we fight the Covenant. Their religion keeps alot of their most powerful tech away form them. Even the elites their most cherished warriors of the Covenant are still given terrible weapons compared to the Covenant’s true power and understanding of Forerunner tech.

So to give an example, think of the most advance Covenant soldier they could be make. For me it’d be some crazily modified Hunter. The Forerunners should be beyond that. It seems weird that the Prometheans we’re held in the highness regard by the Didact, actually being able to defeat the Flood in their prime and still lost to MC. Not even MC, Majestic behind a rock took out atleast 7 Knight’s in a single engagement. Even Guilty Spark said that Promethean knights would of solved all the problems back in Halo CE.

The only other time I can remember powerful forerunners being this “weak” was the Halo 2 Enforcers. Standard gunfire could bring them down which felt weird but that could easily be explained by them spending an unknown amount of time fighting the Flood and being deteriorated. The Knights we’re as fresh as any Forerunner unit can be.

We went from a single monitor, which aren’t even combat units needing the Spartan laser to he harmed to Knights, the pinnacle of Forerunner combat infantry being taken down by pistols. (not poking fun at the Palmer one shots just pointing out that they can be killed by pistols.)

Does this bother anyone else? Is this why 343i introduced the new Prometheans in Halo 5 and the comics to try to skirt over this a little bit? Is it ever explained where those Prometheans came from? Whatever happened to the Forerunner hand held weapons that acted like WMDs?

Well I presume your talking about how Spartans are going to take down guardians? The answer is yet to be found yet. Unless they can be harmed with high powerful laser weapons which seems unlikely.

It does concern me how the prometheans are vastly different from earlier forerunner units, but if they weren’t introduced we would be stuck fighting the covenant the whole time. So in a way i’m glad they were brought into existence.

You bring up a lot of good points, and I don’t know the answer to any of them really. But one speculation I have is that defeating the Flood isn’t much of an accomplishment when you command an army of non-sentient beings. The Flood’s strength lies in their ability to infect and control hosts, not their combat. Having an army which is all machinery and obviously immune to infection while also being equipped with Promethean hard light weapons would make defeating a flood infestation a rather light task.

However, I’m not sure if my understanding is correct, but didn’t the Forerunners not really focus on military things unless a civilization started causing trouble? While their weapon tech/other tech is extremely advanced, that doesn’t necessarily mean that their soldiers are. After all, Knights are composed humans converted into digital minds, but their bodies are still artificial and machinery.

> 2533274972430429;2:
> Well I presume your talking about how Spartans are going to take down guardians? The answer is yet to be found yet. Unless they can be harmed with high powerful laser weapons which seems unlikely.
>
> It does concern me how the prometheans are vastly different from earlier forerunner units, but if they weren’t introduced we would be stuck fighting the covenant the whole time. So in a way i’m glad they were brought into existence.

No, I mean the Promethean combat units seen in Halo 4 and H5G.

Also I don’t think it’d be insane for 343i to introduce a new species to combat. To my knowledge we haven’t discovered the entire galaxy and with the Fall of the Covenant Empire there would likely be someone in there, like a powerful vassal that’d rise up from the ashes.

We still have heard anything from the Sharquio since Halo The Flood.

> You bring up a lot of good points, and I don’t know the answer to any of them really. But one speculation I have is that defeating the Flood isn’t much of an accomplishment when you command an army of non-sentient beings. The Flood’s strength lies in their ability to infect and control hosts, not their combat. Having an army which is all machinery and obviously immune to infection while also being equipped with Promethean hard light weapons would make defeating a flood infestation a rather light task.However, I’m not sure if my understanding is correct, but didn’t the Forerunners not really focus on military things unless a civilization started causing trouble? While their weapon tech/other tech is extremely advanced, that doesn’t necessarily mean that their soldiers are. After all, Knights are composed humans converted into digital minds, but their bodies are still artificial and machinery.

Thanks and I could see that being the case with the Prometehans vs the Flood. To my knowledge the only case of the Flood taking over AI was Mendicant Bias but that was through logical deconstruction not by parasite. If the logic is rejected then it would make sense for the Prometheans to march unphased.

One thing I do disagree with is the Forerunners lacking knowledge with soldiers. The warrior servant is one of the most prominent morphs Forerunner have. It’d be strange for them not to have a good understanding of war.

> 2535420207960648;4:
> > 2533274972430429;2:
> > Well I presume your talking about how Spartans are going to take down guardians? The answer is yet to be found yet. Unless they can be harmed with high powerful laser weapons which seems unlikely.
> >
> > It does concern me how the prometheans are vastly different from earlier forerunner units, but if they weren’t introduced we would be stuck fighting the covenant the whole time. So in a way i’m glad they were brought into existence.
>
> No, I mean the Promethean combat units seen in Halo 4 and H5G.
>
> Also I don’t think it’d be insane for 343i to introduce a new species to combat. To my knowledge we haven’t discovered the entire galaxy and with the Fall of the Covenant Empire there would likely be someone in there, like a powerful vassal that’d rise up from the ashes.
>
> We still have heard anything from the Sharquio since Halo The Flood.

So you mean like crawlers, soldiers and knights?

> 2533274972430429;5:
> > 2535420207960648;4:
> > > 2533274972430429;2:
> > > Well I presume your talking about how Spartans are going to take down guardians? The answer is yet to be found yet. Unless they can be harmed with high powerful laser weapons which seems unlikely.
> > >
> > > It does concern me how the prometheans are vastly different from earlier forerunner units, but if they weren’t introduced we would be stuck fighting the covenant the whole time. So in a way i’m glad they were brought into existence.
> >
> > No, I mean the Promethean combat units seen in Halo 4 and H5G.
> >
> > Also I don’t think it’d be insane for 343i to introduce a new species to combat. To my knowledge we haven’t discovered the entire galaxy and with the Fall of the Covenant Empire there would likely be someone in there, like a powerful vassal that’d rise up from the ashes.
> >
> > We still have heard anything from the Sharquio since Halo The Flood.
>
> So you mean like crawlers, soldiers and knights?

Yes, of course.

I have the best answer

Shoot them 'till they drop.

> 2535420207960648;1:
> This is something that has really bugged me ever since Prometehan’s were shown to just be another enemy type. When I first heard about these giant Forerunner death bots I thought that there’d probably be about 10 or so across the world with each being a different boss battle and Didact being their leader along with Final Boss. Think of the Wardens from Saints Row IV. Ha, or just Warden Eternal.
>
> It seems pretty weird that with only about 7,000 years of advancement we humans are capable of defeating death robots with hundreds of thousands of years worth of technology pumped into them. I understand how we fight the Covenant. Their religion keeps alot of their most powerful tech away form them. Even the elites their most cherished warriors of the Covenant are still given terrible weapons compared to the Covenant’s true power and understanding of Forerunner tech.
>
> So to give an example, think of the most advance Covenant soldier they could be make. For me it’d be some crazily modified Hunter. The Forerunners should be beyond that. It seems weird that the Prometheans we’re held in the highness regard by the Didact, actually being able to defeat the Flood in their prime and still lost to MC. Not even MC, Majestic behind a rock took out atleast 7 Knight’s in a single engagement. Even Guilty Spark said that Promethean knights would of solved all the problems back in Halo CE.
>
> The only other time I can remember powerful forerunners being this “weak” was the Halo 2 Enforcers. Standard gunfire could bring them down which felt weird but that could easily be explained by them spending an unknown amount of time fighting the Flood and being deteriorated. The Knights we’re as fresh as any Forerunner unit can be.
>
> We went from a single monitor, which aren’t even combat units needing the Spartan laser to he harmed to Knights, the pinnacle of Forerunner combat infantry being taken down by pistols. (not poking fun at the Palmer one shots just pointing out that they can be killed by pistols.)
>
> Does this bother anyone else? Is this why 343i introduced the new Prometheans in Halo 5 and the comics to try to skirt over this a little bit? Is it ever explained where those Prometheans came from? Whatever happened to the Forerunner hand held weapons that acted like WMDs?

Because the Prometheans can’t be killed. Their main advantage is that if their frame gets destroyed its essence just returns to the Domain and gets rebuilt. Plus they are a lot more intelligent, powerful and advanced than sentinels. Also we’re assuming that there aren’t actually A LOT of them. Considering how many sentinels we see at the Ark and Onyx then its reasonable to assume that other Forerunner bases could support and sustain billions of Prometheans. Since the Didacts plan was to compose all of Earth and presumably all of humanity into knights this would presumably have been possible and raises the question of how many ancient humans and Forerunners were similarly composed. That’s before you even consider how many soldier constructs could be built. Basically I don’t think the FPS games have done a good job of conveying the scale of the Forerunner War Machine. Basically they aren’t hyper elite warriors with god technology they are simply the smallest grain of sand in an impossibly vast machine army.

Plus you have the Warden Eternal who is described as having “millions” of bodies but who can kill whole teams of Spartans by himself and take battle tank rounds. Think about it. Cortana has millions of Wardens. So if you think about how many Prometheans you fight compared to the number of Wardens you fight, it gives you some limited sense of how many there are. Lets say that theres 5 million Wardens, you fight eight of them during the campaign and for arguments sake you fight about 200 Promethean enemies in the whole campaign. Which would put the number of inferred Prometheans that Cortana controls to about 125 million of them. Which is a lot considering the scale of most battles we have seen in Halo.

Basically they aren’t the pinnacle of Forerunner combat technology. You’re getting it the wrong way around. Their mass produced cannon fodder is the equal of the best the galaxy has…

If Cortana loses a hundred knights to kill one Spartan (assuming shes being lazy), she hasn’t lost anything and can rebuild their warframes probably in seconds. Every soldier lost to the UNSC or Covenant is irreplaceable; even the flood has limited biomass. But Forerunner Tech can be built out of any material. For example the Librarian built the Matnles Approach (which is the size of High Chairty!) in a few days just by using hard light technology to reshape a mountain range. Now imagine if Cortana did the same thing but turned that mountain range into soldiers and other constructs…

The Halo 4 Prometheans could probably be easily justified by being a deliberately nerfed version that are just strong enough to chase away most people intruding on Requiem, but weak enough to not be undefeatable if the Didact escaped and took control of them to continue his grudge against humanity.

> 2533274803587475;8:
> > 2535420207960648;1:
> > This is something that has really bugged me ever since Prometehan’s were shown to just be another enemy type. When I first heard about these giant Forerunner death bots I thought that there’d probably be about 10 or so across the world with each being a different boss battle and Didact being their leader along with Final Boss. Think of the Wardens from Saints Row IV. Ha, or just Warden Eternal.
> >
> > It seems pretty weird that with only about 7,000 years of advancement we humans are capable of defeating death robots with hundreds of thousands of years worth of technology pumped into them. I understand how we fight the Covenant. Their religion keeps alot of their most powerful tech away form them. Even the elites their most cherished warriors of the Covenant are still given terrible weapons compared to the Covenant’s true power and understanding of Forerunner tech.
> >
> > So to give an example, think of the most advance Covenant soldier they could be make. For me it’d be some crazily modified Hunter. The Forerunners should be beyond that. It seems weird that the Prometheans we’re held in the highness regard by the Didact, actually being able to defeat the Flood in their prime and still lost to MC. Not even MC, Majestic behind a rock took out atleast 7 Knight’s in a single engagement. Even Guilty Spark said that Promethean knights would of solved all the problems back in Halo CE.
> >
> > The only other time I can remember powerful forerunners being this “weak” was the Halo 2 Enforcers. Standard gunfire could bring them down which felt weird but that could easily be explained by them spending an unknown amount of time fighting the Flood and being deteriorated. The Knights we’re as fresh as any Forerunner unit can be.
> >
> > We went from a single monitor, which aren’t even combat units needing the Spartan laser to he harmed to Knights, the pinnacle of Forerunner combat infantry being taken down by pistols. (not poking fun at the Palmer one shots just pointing out that they can be killed by pistols.)
> >
> > Does this bother anyone else? Is this why 343i introduced the new Prometheans in Halo 5 and the comics to try to skirt over this a little bit? Is it ever explained where those Prometheans came from? Whatever happened to the Forerunner hand held weapons that acted like WMDs?
>
> Because the Prometheans can’t be killed. Their main advantage is that if their frame gets destroyed its essence just returns to the Domain and gets rebuilt. Plus they are a lot more intelligent, powerful and advanced than sentinels. Also we’re assuming that there aren’t actually A LOT of them. Considering how many sentinels we see at the Ark and Onyx then its reasonable to assume that other Forerunner bases could support and sustain billions of Prometheans. Since the Didacts plan was to compose all of Earth and presumably all of humanity into knights this would presumably have been possible and raises the question of how many ancient humans and Forerunners were similarly composed. That’s before you even consider how many soldier constructs could be built. Basically I don’t think the FPS games have done a good job of conveying the scale of the Forerunner War Machine. Basically they aren’t hyper elite warriors with god technology they are simply the smallest grain of sand in an impossibly vast machine army.
>
> Plus you have the Warden Eternal who is described as having “millions” of bodies but who can kill whole teams of Spartans by himself and take battle tank rounds. Think about it. Cortana has millions of Wardens. So if you think about how many Prometheans you fight compared to the number of Wardens you fight, it gives you some limited sense of how many there are. Lets say that theres 5 million Wardens, you fight eight of them during the campaign and for arguments sake you fight about 200 Promethean enemies in the whole campaign. Which would put the number of inferred Prometheans that Cortana controls to about 125 million of them. Which is a lot considering the scale of most battles we have seen in Halo.
>
> Basically they aren’t the pinnacle of Forerunner combat technology. You’re getting it the wrong way around. Their mass produced cannon fodder is the equal of the best the galaxy has…
>
> If Cortana loses a hundred knights to kill one Spartan (assuming shes being lazy), she hasn’t lost anything and can rebuild their warframes probably in seconds. Every soldier lost to the UNSC or Covenant is irreplaceable; even the flood has limited biomass. But Forerunner Tech can be built out of any material. For example the Librarian built the Matnles Approach (which is the size of High Chairty!) in a few days just by using hard light technology to reshape a mountain range. Now imagine if Cortana did the same thing but turned that mountain range into soldiers and other constructs…

You didn’t answer anything I asked. If anything you’ve just posed more questions about how impossible our enemies are to beat.

I’m fully aware of all that you said except for the whole Prometheans not being the pinnacle of forerunner combat infantry. The best of the Warrior Servants and their greatest leader seemed to think they were which is the closet we’re going to get to fact in universe.

Warden was clearly only made for Halo 5G because his existence just breaks the entire reason for the prometheans to ever be made in the first place. Really why would Didact ever make the Proemtehans or why would Guilty Spark not just use The Wardens for everything? If Knights in seemingly low numbers can actually beat the Flood what would stop an army of Warden’s from doing the same? No one thought ahead when Warden Eternal was made so I expect there will be a nerf for him in halo 6.

prometheans aren’t that impressive cuz they don’t have forerunner armor like the Didact. They are advanced cannon fodder ghosts meant to fight the Flood. If there were actual forerunners with advanced combat skins THEN it would be very tough to kill them.

Even so, just as Johnson said about the Scarab: “They’re tough, but they ain’t invincible.”

> 2533274833309866;11:
> prometheans aren’t that impressive cuz they don’t have forerunner armor like the Didact. They are advanced cannon fodder ghosts meant to fight the Flood. If there were actual forerunners with advanced combat skins THEN it would be very tough to kill them.
>
> Even so, just as Johnson said about the Scarab: “They’re tough, but they ain’t invincible.”

What separates Forerunner combat skin from what their machines are made of? If it is so great why wasn’t the armor just slapped on the Promethean soldiers?

> 2535420207960648;12:
> > 2533274833309866;11:
> > prometheans aren’t that impressive cuz they don’t have forerunner armor like the Didact. They are advanced cannon fodder ghosts meant to fight the Flood. If there were actual forerunners with advanced combat skins THEN it would be very tough to kill them.
> >
> > Even so, just as Johnson said about the Scarab: “They’re tough, but they ain’t invincible.”
>
> What separates Forerunner combat skin from what their machines are made of? If it is so great why wasn’t the armor just slapped on the Promethean soldiers?

Such distinctions can be “reasoned” away in classic sci-fi style by saying that perhaps an actual body is necessary to house the combat skin. Prometheans aren’t really bodies - just digital ghost like slaves, so one can reason that their “armor” is all they could bear whilst still being able to function ideally (supporting the digital construct while perhaps providing some protection).
They may need actual body mass to support a proper combat skin.
That said the Forerunners could (probably) create life that could bear the armor, but that life would not be a slave, and not a composed slave made from the “being” of composed humans.

Forerunner combat skin seems to be quite unique and is called a skin for a reason, it taps into /seamlessly melds with a “properly evolved” body to enhance its abilities. One can thus reason that to be so seamless it must be very specific in function, and thus not workable for digital “beings”

> 2535420207960648;4:
> > 2533274972430429;2:
> > Well I presume your talking about how Spartans are going to take down guardians? The answer is yet to be found yet. Unless they can be harmed with high powerful laser weapons which seems unlikely.
> >
> > It does concern me how the prometheans are vastly different from earlier forerunner units, but if they weren’t introduced we would be stuck fighting the covenant the whole time. So in a way i’m glad they were brought into existence.
>
> No, I mean the Promethean combat units seen in Halo 4 and H5G.
>
> Also I don’t think it’d be insane for 343i to introduce a new species to combat. To my knowledge we haven’t discovered the entire galaxy and with the Fall of the Covenant Empire there would likely be someone in there, like a powerful vassal that’d rise up from the ashes.
>
> We still have heard anything from the Sharquio since Halo The Flood.
>
>
>
>
> > You bring up a lot of good points, and I don’t know the answer to any of them really. But one speculation I have is that defeating the Flood isn’t much of an accomplishment when you command an army of non-sentient beings. The Flood’s strength lies in their ability to infect and control hosts, not their combat. Having an army which is all machinery and obviously immune to infection while also being equipped with Promethean hard light weapons would make defeating a flood infestation a rather light task.However, I’m not sure if my understanding is correct, but didn’t the Forerunners not really focus on military things unless a civilization started causing trouble? While their weapon tech/other tech is extremely advanced, that doesn’t necessarily mean that their soldiers are. After all, Knights are composed humans converted into digital minds, but their bodies are still artificial and machinery.
>
> Thanks and I could see that being the case with the Prometehans vs the Flood. To my knowledge the only case of the Flood taking over AI was Mendicant Bias but that was through logical deconstruction not by parasite. If the logic is rejected then it would make sense for the Prometheans to march unphased.
>
> One thing I do disagree with is the Forerunners lacking knowledge with soldiers. The warrior servant is one of the most prominent morphs Forerunner have. It’d be strange for them not to have a good understanding of war.

I didn’t say they weren’t knowledgeable, I said their focus as a species was not military. It was knowledge and peacekeeping. Also, an actual warrior servant would be much harder to kill as already said above. The prometheans we fight are not of the same caliber as warrior servants.

I don’t follow any of the lore, but you have raised a good question. I am always curious to know I DR HALSEY I’s take. If he has a take.

It has always bothered me how humans, who are still using kinetic ammunition for some reason, can manage to take down the combat AI systems of the godly Forerunners, a race that forged a galactic empire, built worlds and [reduced entire species’ to dust or make them into primitive slaves] (EDIT: Forgot about the fact that the Forerunners were coming close to considering galactic disarmament because of their peacekeeping, so scratch that). Anything of Forerunner design should be nigh on indestructible.

EDIT: In regards to other replies…

I get that the Promethean forces we see in the game are the lowest castes in the Forerunner military, with Warrior-Servant Forerunners at the top. But if the Promethean AI we fight in 4/5 can be produced on a humongous scale out of rudimentary materials, why not make something… stronger? The Warden is twice the size of a Knight, but he’s many many more times more of a challenge. He eats tank rounds, railgun rounds and everything else for breakfast before he finally caves and shifts to another of his million bodies. If I were Cortana, I’d just stop producing so many Knights (reserve Knights for peacekeeping and military police roles) and mass produce billions of Wardens.

Whoever’s sending all these Prometheans are going strikingly easy on their enemies…

Keep in mind, the Prometheans we fight in H4 & 5 aren’t the same prometheans from way back in the Forerunner empire. The Forerunners actually lost to the flood in the end, so all of the biological warrior-servants were either killed outright by either flood or the halo array firing, or were converted to a digital form by way of the composer. Crawlers and Soldiers are just simply AI constructs, whereas Knights are actual composed beings uploaded into the shell. But even when the prometheans were at the height of their power, Humanity still gave them a serious run for their money, and defeating them came ata great cost to the Forerunners, as well as to the Didactic himself. Humanity’s greatest weapon against the Forerunners was our incredibly robust adaptability. As Exuberant Witness stated, where the Forerunners spent ages planning and then implementing, Humanity just “did”. Furthermore, when the Librarian reseeded Humanity after the halo array fired, she designed us to take charge of the Mantle, and ensured our evolution would surpass Forerunners. So yes, the prometheans faced in H4 & 5 do have a huge head start, time wise, but they’re also stuck in that time period. They do not grow and develop to any significant degree. Their capabilities are capped, whereas the capability of humans is not.

Also is worth mentioning is the Warden Eternal was created and then shut down in stasis before Flood- Forerunner war.
Even though he would have completely stopped the Flood and therefore the Halo Array firing or at least delay it and give the entire forerunner race another thousand years before the inevitable doom, he CHOSE NOT TO. His job is to protect the Domain, not protect the Forerunner race. So pretty much he sat out the war or was asleep during it.
Only the Warden Eternal can use the warden bodies, so mass producing wardens wouldn’t help against the flood.

So the Didact he would be like this, “Far out Warden, well I guess we could still mass produce Knights at least.”

The Warden Eternal is shown to be able to control 3 bodies at the same time for extended periods, and 9 bodies is putting too much strain on his mind and can only be maintained for a short. Even though he has a million bodies, he can’t control many at a time he has limits.

So even if the Warden Eternal fought the flood it would have to be small fireteam after small fireteam, no way he can send out a zerg of wardens. The wardens mind would be stretched across all his bodies, and therefore the average warden’s intelligence would be no better than a soldier, and so a Warden Eternal body would just be a glorified soldier and that’s not good enough to beat the flood.
That’s why mass producing knights is the better alternative, cause each knight produced does not deteriorate all the previous knights like mass producing wardens would.

As for Forerunners not having super OP gear, well they never really had it otherwise how else did the flood beat them or more likely it was only saved for specific individuals, e.g Didact, the knight Endurance of Will.

In terms of Warzone, the front of a Phaeton for some reason is weak spot while the back circle is normal. I’m not talking about the underside where there’s critical damage.

Phaeton: Front (weak spot 1) 36 ONI chain gun shots, Rear 57 chain gun shots, Yellow gold circle underside (critical weak spot) 12 chain gun shots (5x damage)

Phaeton Helios 125% armour of Phaeton: Front is 45 ONI rounds, rear is 71 ONI rounds, underside is 15.

Wraith 57 ONI shots
Sword/ anti air wraith (125% armour) 71 shots so same tankness as standard scorpion.
Ultra/Temple (150% armour) 85 shots.

Scorpion is 71 ONI rounds.
Corp is a bit tanker, camo plus Hannibal are all the same tankness and ard tanker than Corp but less than ONI.
ONI scorpion is (150% armour) 106 rounds.

What I’m getting at here is the Phaetons weak spot 1 is not suppose to be there so the base Phaeton is suppose to be tank as a Wraith all around its body, and the Helios as tank as a scorpion.

I think it has to do with what the armor of the Prometheans is supposed to protect itself against. Bear in mind I’m not well versed in Forerunner Lore so a lot of what I’m about to say could be false. When you think about the time that they were created and what they represent in terms of the Militaristic caste of Forerunner society, the Prometheans are the lowest of the low. Not even non-composed Prometheans, to my knowledge, had a good set of combat skin. It serves as any ordinary Marine BDU would. So when you introduce an army of robots that are designed to fight what’s essentially a living plague that only has access to the weapons of that time (mostly energy based), you can be sure that the Forerunners would choose quantity over quality, at least in the early stages of the war. Reminder, most of the advances Promethean weapons (Razor’s Edge, Dying Star, Heartseeker, etc.) were in the experimental phase towards the end of the war, when it was obvious the PRometheans weren’t doing their job well against what they were built to fight.

Think about a Halo version of the CIS from Star Wars (Droid Army). It is an army composed of large amounts of basic B1 battle droids (crawlers/watchers) that have extremely primitive programming and very weak armor for what it was going against. Then you have your beefed-up Super Battle Droids that are upgraded in terms of weapon efficiency and armor (Knights) but still fall short due to numerous weak spots that are easily exploited (assassinations/beat downs in H4, Glowing areas in H5). To compliment, you have a good amount of BX droid commandos that are just as strong as the B2s with the frame of a B1 (Armigers/Soldiers) but again still fall short due to high cost for limited numbers, not to mention the primitive intelligence is still there and cripples the effectiveness of the unit. Finally, you have your leader General Grievous, a skilled warrior with cybernetics that can hold his own and effectively kill many of the galaxy’s best in combat (Warden Eternal), but the effectiveness is hindered by a cowardly nature and the inability to spread that effectiveness across multiple fields of action in one time (Grievous is only one being, Warden can only act in so many places before he is stretched too thin).

Now, consider this. What type of weaponry were both the droids and Prometheans combating? Mostly energy based weapons, with a couple particle weapons in there as well. Now, what do the humans mainly use? Ballistics. That’s the weak point. The Prometheans weren’t made to combat such a form of weaponry. Is it crude compared to what they were mean’t to fight? Yes, absolutely. Is it still effective? Well, we wouldn’t be able to kill them if it wasn’t. Is it more effective than energy based weapons? That I couldn’t tell you cause I’m not that invested in the effectiveness of each of the guns in-game. Nevertheless, ballistic weapons do seem to have some sort of effect on Promethean armor, and the effect is big enough to allow even pistols to do the trick against them. It doesn’t make a lot of sense in terms of practicality, and my lore/analogy might be off, but hey, this is what I got anyhow.