How can I improve my aim

Lately my aim has just gone completely I went from being atleast okay to now im missing someone whos not even moving. Are there any forge maps, game modes, or just things in general I can do to try and improve my aim

Start tinkering with your sensitivity and acceleration settings. Everyone plays differently, I personally use the lowest possible settings. 1/0.5/0.5

Tell some dummy that goes to your school to get halo 5 and go duck hunting trust me nothing feels better than getting a perfect kill on a fresh noob in forge.

Octagon in the Customs Browser is a great way to practice on your aim.

> 2533274811192667;2:
> Start tinkering with your sensitivity and acceleration settings. Everyone plays differently, I personally use the lowest possible settings. 1/0.5/0.5

I’ve messed around with these endlessly and the only one that produces any observable difference is sensitivity. It feels to me like the deadzone settings are something made up by the developer to appease people like me who hate the way the aiming works in this game. Well, not appeased.

> 2533274873843883;5:
> > 2533274811192667;2:
> > Start tinkering with your sensitivity and acceleration settings. Everyone plays differently, I personally use the lowest possible settings. 1/0.5/0.5
>
> I’ve messed around with these endlessly and the only one that produces any observable difference is sensitivity. It feels to me like the deadzone settings are something made up by the developer to appease people like me who hate the way the aiming works in this game. Well, not appeased.

It’s to help fix drift (inner) and inconsistent aiming speeds (outer). That’s all they do, nothing to do with the aiming mechanics.

> 2533274888753908;6:
> > 2533274873843883;5:
> > > 2533274811192667;2:
> > > Start tinkering with your sensitivity and acceleration settings. Everyone plays differently, I personally use the lowest possible settings. 1/0.5/0.5
> >
> > I’ve messed around with these endlessly and the only one that produces any observable difference is sensitivity. It feels to me like the deadzone settings are something made up by the developer to appease people like me who hate the way the aiming works in this game. Well, not appeased.
>
> It’s to help fix drift (inner) and inconsistent aiming speeds (outer). That’s all they do, nothing to do with the aiming mechanics.

I guess if I don’t understand what any of those things are then it’s likely that I’ve never experienced them? I don’t know, but it all sounds to me like fixes for problems that never existed. And if they’re all about adjusting the characteristics of aim then how can they have nothing to do with aiming mechanics? There’s some semantic differentiation here that I’m not getting…

Drink some energy drinks or other caffeinated beverages. Dont play on.a full stomach as your body will be digesting food instead instead of your brain focusing on the game.

> 2533274873843883;7:
> > 2533274888753908;6:
> > > 2533274873843883;5:
> > > > 2533274811192667;2:
> > > > Start tinkering with your sensitivity and acceleration settings. Everyone plays differently, I personally use the lowest possible settings. 1/0.5/0.5
> > >
> > > I’ve messed around with these endlessly and the only one that produces any observable difference is sensitivity. It feels to me like the deadzone settings are something made up by the developer to appease people like me who hate the way the aiming works in this game. Well, not appeased.
> >
> > It’s to help fix drift (inner) and inconsistent aiming speeds (outer). That’s all they do, nothing to do with the aiming mechanics.
>
> I guess if I don’t understand what any of those things are then it’s likely that I’ve never experienced them? I don’t know, but it all sounds to me like fixes for problems that never existed. And if they’re all about adjusting the characteristics of aim then how can they have nothing to do with aiming mechanics? There’s some semantic differentiation here that I’m not getting…

The deadzones aren’t about the aim mechanics, rather the wear on your controller.
If you ever noticed your aim moving without you even touching the thumbstick, that’s drift.
If your aim slows down every now and then, even though you tilted the thumbstick all the way to the edge, then outer deadzone fixes that.
If you never noticed anything, then you’re lucky.
They don’t change characteristics, rather slightly fix hardware issues by omitting some inputs. You could say that indirectly effects it but not directly.

1-5-5 seems to be the new thing high ranks are playing on. Havn’t tried it but who knows.

I get massive fluctuations depending on the servers some games I can’t miss other games it just feels so heavy or light, however I play from astral so my pint is in the hundreds so this is normal but might also be whats affecting you, and its not just aiming I get it with movement and simple things like picking up weapons and power ups swell as flags etc it can be very frustrating

> 2533274852319616;8:
> Drink some energy drinks or other caffeinated beverages. Dont play on.a full stomach as your body will be digesting food instead instead of your brain focusing on the game.

:thinking: interesting

i think FFA is the best place to learn such things…

You should also try taking more time while aiming. It may feel like you take plenty of time to fire, but you most likely jump the gun with firing.

You should also try modes like Swat or Snipers. Good aim feels incredibly important in those game modes. Then, try Warzone Assault or FFA and practice your aim. Also, try finding high ground or different shooting styles (Burst fire instead of fully automatic, scoped sniper instead of running around no-scoping)