How Can I Defeat The Prophet of Regret?

So I’m playing through Halo 2 on heroic (original Xbox version) and it’s been relatively smooth sailing up until Regret. What’s the best way of killing him where his Honor Guards won’t kill me after I hit him a few times?

Attack those Elite guards until they stop spawning for a while or just keep swords alive and board Regret assuming he doesn’t teleport away while you are above some Elites, plasma grenades or noob combo are good options or another (likely legendary-only but) …

In legendary the very last encounter at the gondolas have 2 Grunts with fuel rod guns, if those Grunts are here on heroic and with the same weapons try to board that gondola (not easy) , this isn’t useful for Regret himself but more for Elites when one show up and no cover is avaiable, 2 shots and it’s over.

It’s important to have those Grunts drop the gun, not killing them, weapons the enemies drop are always at their default ammo capacity (like on multiplayer) , the fuel rod gun being 20 (5 + 15) .

> 2535453538987120;1:
> So I’m playing through Halo 2 on heroic (original Xbox version) and it’s been relatively smooth sailing up until Regret. What’s the best way of killing him where his Honor Guards won’t kill me after I hit him a few times?

Magic.

> 2535453538987120;1:
> So I’m playing through Halo 2 on heroic (original Xbox version) and it’s been relatively smooth sailing up until Regret. What’s the best way of killing him where his Honor Guards won’t kill me after I hit him a few times?

At this point in the level I would have depleted all the sniper ammo and rocket ammo. Once at the final section I take it slow. Wipe out all the grunts, jakals and elites. It is important to attempt draining the shields of the elites with a plasma pistol before head shotting them. If you run out of BR below the ramp before you enter the main hall, a stash of carbines can be found. Whenever you are low on ammo return to this section.

Progressing to regret I like to stay at the back of the room where he is. Don’t approach him if he is in the centre of the room as it can get a bit busy there. Once elite honour guards start to chase you, provided you have the right weapons you should be able to kill them. Run up and down the ramps if necessary to avoid their path. Repeat the beating of regret until he dies. However if he dies in the middle of the room retreat back to where he was originally positioned as there is more room to manoeuvre, and more line of sight to spot the honour guards. Just dodge them if them come for you. At this point you don’t want to die having to do it all again.

Use carbine/battle rifle and plasma pistol combo to kill honour guards. Ensure most or all enemies are dead before you mount Regret’s throne since there is a window of about 10-20 seconds before Regret’s minions respawn again, you are invincible when you punch Regret but once you dismount you’ll probably be dropped of in the middle of the elites. Use higher ground so that there’s less but more predictable paths for you to know where the elites are coming from. Keep swapping out your plasma pistol for a fresh one after you kill the grunts.

> 2535468550219113;3:
> > 2535453538987120;1:
> > So I’m playing through Halo 2 on heroic (original Xbox version) and it’s been relatively smooth sailing up until Regret. What’s the best way of killing him where his Honor Guards won’t kill me after I hit him a few times?
>
> Magic.

Hahahah true, great campaign to date, but damn that difficulty.

I just played it yesterday on Legendary in the MCC, I just kept on killing the grunts and honor guards then blew a few punches to regret and then repeat. Although I used a plasma pistol to stun the elites and then finish them off with an energy sword.

I just try to slaughter everyone if they just start getting annoying. Then I punch that prophet up to 11. He can take quite a bit of punches though on the higher difficulties.

My strategy is to charge, hide, repeat. The guard infinitely spawns so it’s pointless to engage them. Hiding below the platform or on the ledge behind it helps. Legendary is even worse ;-(

Punch him

you jump onto the back of his floating chair and fast paced, yet evenly timed, keep punching away at him & don’t stop until the cut sceen starts up! Don’t worry about killing him because you can’t!!! You’ll find out later in the game why not. :wink:

I did it on legendary today and I had no problems. I used naked eli’s speedrunning videos to help me when im stuck

> 2535453538987120;1:

The noob combo is your friend. Take out the guards really quick, hit Regret a few times then prep for the next wave of guards