How can Halo evolve without losing its "Haloness"?

Recently I was revisiting halo Reach, and playing some campaign as well as multiplayer, and I was thinking: “What does this have, that modern halo is missing?”

Halo Reach might be the epitome of halo. It’s the perfect combination of new and old, but what made it like that? It’s not something you can summarize in a few words. So how can Halo be like that again under 343’s control?

“haloness” depens on the player… I hated reach disliked 4 which made me hate reach even more cause I blamed it for halo 4 lmao.

But it I am really enjoying halo 5. To my haloness gameplay which I cannot get anywhere else is… Bouncing a grenade of a wall while a noob chases be turning around and cleaning up the kill with a headshot. Haloness to me is having to stay in my toes not to get out strafed or jumped shoted. Haloness is turning a 1V3 into a fair battle with a well planted grenade and some headshots.

haloness is is being caught reloading during a duel but closing the gap and slapping them with the back of my AR. Haloness is embarrassing the Overshield guy. Lol you get three idea! Haloness is starting a match 0 and 5 line up a couple headshots get the momentum going and finish 15 and 8!

Just to say I can do all those things and need to do them to win in halo 5. Did I have some adjusting to do? Absolutely! Do I wish I had more gametypes go off on? Yess but it kept my haloness (TO ME)

The only thing multiplayer is missing is a classic playlist. The campaign is missing character development.

Here’s a hint: IT CAN’T.

reach was terrible, and the way the gameplay looked from 3 to reach were even worse IMO. combined i played reach and H4 less then i did the first two months H5 was out. H5 has been the closest feeling halo since 3. yes there are some things up for debate, but overal i felt more H3 in this game then the prior two halos

armor lock :^)

> 2533274950478805;4:
> Here’s a hint: IT CAN’T.

So you’re saying halo shouldn’t ever get better? It should just stay locked in halo 3 mode?

> 2533274881086487;5:
> reach was terrible, and the way the gameplay looked from 3 to reach were even worse IMO. combined i played reach and H4 less then i did the first two months H5 was out. H5 has been the closest feeling halo since 3. yes there are some things up for debate, but overal i felt more H3 in this game then the prior two halos

> 2533274877222091;6:
> armor lock :^)

That’s your reason for hating halo reach? One powerup doesn’t make a game terrible. After all the Flare in 3 was annoying, but 3 was amazing. Please try to actually give a valid reason, and not a two word response.

> 2535455007544817;1:
> Recently I was revisiting halo Reach, and playing some campaign as well as multiplayer, and I was thinking: “What does this have, that modern halo is missing?”
>
> Halo Reach might be the epitome of halo. It’s the perfect combination of new and old, but what made it like that? It’s not something you can summarize in a few words. So how can Halo be like that again under 343’s control?

Bungie

> 2535455681930574;3:
> The only thing multiplayer is missing is a classic playlist. The campaign is missing character development.

Campaign is missing a good story, at first I just didn’t like the story direction but I did like the story. But now, I just hate it all!

Its probaly just the company behind it, to me the feeling of true halo left with bungie. But i still enjoy halo 5 when it runs well.

IMO instead of adding spartan abilities like thrust, sprint, ground pound, and spartan charge, they should have kept the same movement mechanics and introduced a new array of weaponry (while obviously keeping some of the same weapons as well). I would have much rather learn new weapons than adjust to these new abilities that to me take away a lot of what Halo once was. I don’t think they needed to add these abilities that honestly drastically change the way the game is played.

> 2533274835305187;2:
> “haloness” depens on the player…

All that needs to be said on the matter. OP thinks Halo: Reach might be the epitome of Halo, and I know several who think it was the least Halo.

I feel like H5 struck the right chord. The abilities and weapon sandbox make the multiplayer the most balanced and best paced in the franchise as far as I’m concerned. The campaign told an intriguing story and had us visiting locations long standing fans have always wanted to see.

More gore more CEness…H5G is great just needs some CEness scfi and horror elements.

> 2533274818506825;8:
> > 2535455007544817;1:
> > Recently I was revisiting halo Reach, and playing some campaign as well as multiplayer, and I was thinking: “What does this have, that modern halo is missing?”
> >
> > Halo Reach might be the epitome of halo. It’s the perfect combination of new and old, but what made it like that? It’s not something you can summarize in a few words. So how can Halo be like that again under 343’s control?
>
>
> Bungie

Yeah, you’ve seen Destiny, right? You think they’d magically just want to create a different game because it’s labeled ‘Halo’ instead of ‘Destiny’?

This thread is almost two months old.

> 2533274819302824;15:
> This thread is over two months old.

You’re from the future?

I threw up when you tried to define Reach as a perfect combination.

> 2533274848763524;17:
> I threw up when you tried to define Reach as a perfect combination.

Reach is when Halo lost it’s “Haloness”

What is even consider “Haloness”? without a set guildlines for it, the interpretations can be everywhere

> 2535455007544817;7:
> > 2533274950478805;4:
> > Here’s a hint: IT CAN’T.
>
>
> So you’re saying halo shouldn’t ever get better? It should just stay locked in halo 3 mode?
>
>
> > 2533274881086487;5:
> > reach was terrible, and the way the gameplay looked from 3 to reach were even worse IMO. combined i played reach and H4 less then i did the first two months H5 was out. H5 has been the closest feeling halo since 3. yes there are some things up for debate, but overal i felt more H3 in this game then the prior two halos
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274877222091;6:
> > armor lock :^)
>
>
> That’s your reason for hating halo reach? One powerup doesn’t make a game terrible. After all the Flare in 3 was annoying, but 3 was amazing. Please try to actually give a valid reason, and not a two word response.

Don’t revive old threads.