How can Halo 4 compete with future COD

Other than what most people people will so typically say (make it like H3) what can Halo 4 do to be a better competitor than previous Halo games to COD. In other words what can Halo 4 bring to the table that no other Halo game has brought to compete with COD and even BF.

Edit: Ok already some people are getting the wrong impression. I am only talking about competition in numbers. For example staying on top of the Xbox live charts longer than any other Halo game.

The only way Halo will compete with CoD, is if they made Halo a noob friendly game (3 bullet kills etc…)

Halo doesn’t compete with CoD. CoD is bad. /thread

Halo must be fact paced to compete with CoD. But I don’t want Halo to be fast paced.
I like Halo how it is now. It doesn’t have to compete with CoD.

/this is the problem with the world. CoD should be trying to match Halos sells.

> Halo doesn’t compete with CoD. CoD is bad. /thread

Of course Halo is better than COD, i’m just saying in terms of numbers (sales, Xbox live charts, what have you).

The thing is, Halo doesn’t need to compete with COD.

COD is popular yes, but does that mean Halo has to try and snatch its audience away. Quite frankly, i don’t want the type of people who love COD to play COD (The ones I have met online anyway (i’m looking at you 11 year old boys from Arkansas with voices so high only my dog can hear you). If Halo 4 is great, I couldn’t give that much of a monkeys if it is as popular as COD or not.

Being popular doesn’t make it good, does it Uncharted? (joking)

Halo doesn’t need to catch with the COD, the cancer of the modern FPS. For example, I prefer Timesplitters to COD. TS isn’t that popular, doesn’t make it worse. In fact, apart from Halo 2 + 3, TS is my favourite FPS of all time.

I don’t see COD as competition for Halo. It’s a totally different game. I only play COD now because all my friends are playing it and if I don’t, they bug the piss out of me until I do. Otherwise, I’d still be happily playing team SWAT on Reach.

What will hurt Halo 4, in all honesty, is Borderlands 2. If that game has a good competitive multiplayer component, it could be a good challenger to Halo 4’s playtime.

> Halo must be fact paced to compete with CoD. But I don’t want Halo to be fast paced. (fast paced=2 shots kills, or with the AR, for example, 2 seconds of shooting=>IT’S NOT HALO IN THAT CASE)
> I like Halo how it is now. It doesn’t have to compete with CoD.

Fast kill times =/= fast game play.

> > Halo must be fact paced to compete with CoD. But I don’t want Halo to be fast paced. (fast paced=2 shots kills, or with the AR, for example, 2 seconds of shooting=>IT’S NOT HALO IN THAT CASE)
> > I like Halo how it is now. It doesn’t have to compete with CoD.
>
> Fast kill times =/= fast game play.

Oh, sorry. My mistake.

> The thing is, Halo doesn’t need to compete with COD.
>
> COD is popular yes, but does that mean Halo has to try and snatch its audience away. Quite frankly, i don’t want the type of people who love COD to play COD (The ones I have met online anyway (i’m looking at you 11 year old boys from Arkansas with voices so high only my dog can hear you). If Halo 4 is great, I couldn’t give that much of a monkeys if it is as popular as COD or not.
>
> Being popular doesn’t make it good, does it Uncharted? (joking)
>
> Halo doesn’t need to catch with the COD, the cancer of the modern FPS. For example, I prefer Timesplitters to COD. TS isn’t that popular, doesn’t make it worse. In fact, apart from Halo 2 + 3, TS is my favourite FPS of all time.

Once again I have been misunderstood (Fixing that problem). I in now way am talking about making Halo better that COD because it already is. I’m simply talking in terms of xbox live charts.

> > > Halo must be fact paced to compete with CoD. But I don’t want Halo to be fast paced. (fast paced=2 shots kills, or with the AR, for example, 2 seconds of shooting=>IT’S NOT HALO IN THAT CASE)
> > > I like Halo how it is now. It doesn’t have to compete with CoD.
> >
> > Fast kill times =/= fast game play.
>
> Oh, sorry. My mistake.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst57789_-Fast--Gameplay.aspx Probably should have evaluated on what I meant instead of making a short trollish reply :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo can’t compete with CoD unless it strays from what makes it Halo. They are just too different.

Apples and Oranges, they are both fruits, but taste completely different. Halo and CoD, they are both good games, but they play and focus on things completely different.

This thread Is rubbish reading, there not competing.

> > > > Halo must be fact paced to compete with CoD. But I don’t want Halo to be fast paced. (fast paced=2 shots kills, or with the AR, for example, 2 seconds of shooting=>IT’S NOT HALO IN THAT CASE)
> > > > I like Halo how it is now. It doesn’t have to compete with CoD.
> > >
> > > Fast kill times =/= fast game play.
> >
> > Oh, sorry. My mistake.
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst57789_-Fast--Gameplay.aspx Probably should have evaluated on what I meant instead of making a short trollish reply :stuck_out_tongue:

It wasn’t a trollish reply idiot. I was actually thanking you cause you corrected me where I was wrong. Now, this will probably get locked because of that ‘idiot’ but it was necessary.

> Halo can’t compete with CoD unless it strays from what makes it Halo. They are just too different.
>
> Apples and Oranges, they are both fruits, but taste completely different. Halo and CoD, they are both good games, but they play and focus on things completely different.

Somehow I don’t believe that. Halo is such a great game, it should always dominate COD in every factor.

> > > > > Halo must be fact paced to compete with CoD. But I don’t want Halo to be fast paced. (fast paced=2 shots kills, or with the AR, for example, 2 seconds of shooting=>IT’S NOT HALO IN THAT CASE)
> > > > > I like Halo how it is now. It doesn’t have to compete with CoD.
> > > >
> > > > Fast kill times =/= fast game play.
> > >
> > > Oh, sorry. My mistake.
> >
> > http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst57789_-Fast--Gameplay.aspx Probably should have evaluated on what I meant instead of making a short trollish reply :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> It wasn’t a trollish reply idiot. I was actually thanking you cause you corrected me where I was wrong. Now, this will probably get locked because of that ‘idiot’ but it was necessary.

No I was saying I should have evaluated on the “fast kill times =/= fast game play”, i thought I sounded kind of rude after I looked at the post.

Add new weapons, have new and different graphics, don’t use the same models and textures from previous games. And everything else that Modern Warfare 3 forgot to do

simple, act the way Infinity Ward does :3

sounds trollish but think, infinity ward has stuck to the same gameplay for every COD game. Every game has tried to modify their games to play like Cod (which imo, failed). my advice to 343i is to keep core halo gameplay and DONT try to copy everything COD does (IM TALKIN TO YOU TOO DICE!).

BTW, just because i want Halo to keep its core gameplay doesnt mean i support the crappy one-clip wonder Assult Rifle.

> > > > > > Halo must be fact paced to compete with CoD. But I don’t want Halo to be fast paced. (fast paced=2 shots kills, or with the AR, for example, 2 seconds of shooting=>IT’S NOT HALO IN THAT CASE)
> > > > > > I like Halo how it is now. It doesn’t have to compete with CoD.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fast kill times =/= fast game play.
> > > >
> > > > Oh, sorry. My mistake.
> > >
> > > http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst57789_-Fast--Gameplay.aspx Probably should have evaluated on what I meant instead of making a short trollish reply :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > It wasn’t a trollish reply idiot. I was actually thanking you cause you corrected me where I was wrong. Now, this will probably get locked because of that ‘idiot’ but it was necessary.
>
> No I was saying I should have evaluated on the “fast kill times =/= fast game play”, i thought I sounded kind of rude after I looked at the post.

Oh, -Yoink!-. My bad again. Sorry for calling you an idiot. I should have thanked you for linking me to that thread.