how bloom should be in h4

first off i’m not the biggest bloom fan, but this is just how i think it should work if it is ever in a halo again. even if only in customs or its own playlist.

people have been complaining about bloom sense Reach was released. everyone thinks that bloom completely ruined that game, and i agreed with everyone until i realized that it wasn’t bloom that ruined Halo Reach. In fact it was the way that bungie implemented it into the game that made it not work.

they made two huge mistakes with the bloom system. number one they used a single shot weapon for the main utility weapon and number two it was random and uncontrollable.

if they had done it right first of all they would have used the battle rifle because it is a three shot burst. this would work better because sense it has three shot burst you would only get all three of the bullets to hit when the reticle was at its smallest. when it was larger then only one or two bullets would hit. if this was done of course it would only be a 4 shot kill for the BR if all 3 bullets hit or else it could be up to 12 shot becuase of bloom. this would also make it so more advanced players could master the bloom to be able to shoot up to three targets at once

also it shouldnt have been so random. you should have been able to master it, both with spamming and with pacing or anything between. in my opinion it would have been nice if they split the redicle for the BR(if it was in the game of course, but hey h4 is comin) into three sections, and have each section represent a general area were the bullet will land. so you could be able to spam the trigger as fast as you can, but you would have to be better at aiming the edges of the bloom and it would take more shots.
this is how i think bloom should be in H4 if at all. of course zero bloom would be nice, but if they have a bloom option this is how it needs to be

If you look at the game play premiere you see that there is no bloom.

the main thing i hated about bloom was the fact that there is 2 guys by you, u gotta fire all slow like ur grandma when ur a freakin spartan. dumb

made gun fights like way to long sometimes

Sorry, this is one of the worst ideas ive heard yet. Does anyone really want to play with bloom? It slows the game down, and who doesnt love getting a sweet overkill from a perfect 4 shot? Cmon now. With bloom, youd be lucky to get a double kill bc of the pacing of your shots.

Hey look, a 2 ton spartan’s accuracy being messed up by shooting a gun that a normal everday person could shoot with the same feedback.

Totally logical.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Sorry, this is one of the worst ideas ive heard yet. Does anyone really want to play with bloom? It slows the game down, and who doesnt love getting a sweet overkill from a perfect 4 shot? Cmon now. With bloom, youd be lucky to get a double kill bc of the pacing of your shots.

now i dont believe you actually read what i wrote becuase you would be able to get a perfect over kill with what i was saying. in fact i was talking about how to make bloom perfect were you could do all that and then some with out slowing down anything or it being random and unfair. also the timing would be much different than reach.

> the main thing i hated about bloom was the fact that there is 2 guys by you, u gotta fire all slow like ur grandma when ur a freakin spartan. dumb
>
> made gun fights like way to long sometimes

yeah with this way you could master the spread of the BR to be able to shoot multiple people at once. if they are right next to each other of course

> > the main thing i hated about bloom was the fact that there is 2 guys by you, u gotta fire all slow like ur grandma when ur a freakin spartan. dumb
> >
> > made gun fights like way to long sometimes
>
> yeah with this way you could master the spread of the BR to be able to shoot multiple people at once. if they are right next to each other of course

I can do that without bloom by moving my right analog stick.
Imagine that.
Bloom in halo doesn’t make sense, your a super soldier.

> > > the main thing i hated about bloom was the fact that there is 2 guys by you, u gotta fire all slow like ur grandma when ur a freakin spartan. dumb
> > >
> > > made gun fights like way to long sometimes
> >
> > yeah with this way you could master the spread of the BR to be able to shoot multiple people at once. if they are right next to each other of course
>
> I can do that without bloom by moving my right analog stick.
> Imagine that.
> Bloom in halo doesn’t make sense, your a super soldier.

no it didnt make sense in reach becuase the dmr is single shot, but if you ask me it makes perfect sense for a burst weapon such as the battle rifle.

> Hey look, a 2 ton spartan’s accuracy being messed up by shooting a gun that a normal everday person could shoot with the same feedback.
>
> Totally logical.

Using canon to explain gameplay elements?

OP: BR has no Bloom. I would assume that the Magnum and the rest of the precision weapons do not either.

Bloom doesn’t work in a game with such long kill times and for me it doesn’t feel like Halo once bloom is added.

The way that bloom should work for halo 4 is that there shouldn’t be any.

/thread

> Bloom doesn’t work in a game with such long kill times and for me it doesn’t feel like Halo once bloom is added.

From what I’ve been able to deduce, Bloom’s original intent was to provide the pin point accurate precision weapon that people wanted but to make utilizing that pin point precision to cross map ineffective with long kill times by forcing the user to wait for bloom to completely reset every time before the shot will stand any chance of hitting the target. Much like using SQBs with the AR to harass targets at midrange.

And that at the more common ranges of engagement, players wouldn’t be firing at the slowest speed and would instead be able to fire faster. The problem however is that even at midrange, ignoring the distance of your target and adjusting your RoF accordingly and just spamming the weapon pays off far too much.

That’s the problem with Bloom.

> > Bloom doesn’t work in a game with such long kill times and for me it doesn’t feel like Halo once bloom is added.
>
> From what I’ve been able to deduce, Bloom’s original intent was to provide the pin point accurate precision weapon that people wanted but to make utilizing that pin point precision to cross map ineffective with long kill times by forcing the user to wait for bloom to completely reset every time before the shot will stand any chance of hitting the target. Much like using SQBs with the AR to harass targets at midrange.
>
> And that at the more common ranges of engagement, players wouldn’t be firing at the slowest speed and would instead be able to fire faster. The problem however is that even at midrange, ignoring the distance of your target and adjusting your RoF accordingly and just spamming the weapon pays off far too much.
>
> That’s the problem with Bloom.

yes i agree with you in that that is how bloom should have been, but it is unfortuanate that it was made incorrectly. with the way im suggesting spam would only be optimal at close range and useless at long ranges

Let bloom die with reach. Never again should we have it in a halo game.

I dont think bloom will EVER be in Halo again because just thinking about it is slightly worse then AAs but a centimeter.

> Let bloom die with reach. Never again should we have it in a halo game.

OMG it’s gamesager!!! I’m your biggest fannnnnnnnnnnnn!!! Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! What an inspiration to get better at Halo <3 Oh and you’re absolutely right about Bloom.

I dont think bloom will be in halo 4, but your right bungie could of did a better job with it.

if bloom had zero randomness then it would be pointless. quit talking about bloom if you dont understand why it is there…H4 doesnt have bloom so now you can just forget about your terrible ideas and wait for the new game,

Bloom is just fine in the TU gametypes

p.s. it is spelled SINCE