How bads the lag gonna be in Spartan-Ops?

Considering that the lag in Reach’s Firefight makes it nearly unplayable, I was wondering if Spartan-Ops is gonna be just as bad. Normally, if Spartan-Ops was just Firefight with a new name, it really wouldn’t bug me. But considering that it actually has a story, I’m slightly worried. Has 343i said anything about any upgrades to their netcode? Because if I am correct, the netcode they’ve been using is more or less a modified version of Halo 1’s lancode. I mean, I know it would take time to completely over-haul it, but I’d say it’s worth it.

Josh Holmes said months ago in a GI podcast that their netcode is so good they will not be using dedicated servers or something along the lines of that

That’s as much as I know for now.

I’ll be pretty disappointed if it’s anything like Reach’s co-op stuff.

For me it won’t be bad at all because I will be soloing the whole thing LOL

> Josh Holmes said months ago in a GI podcast that their netcode is so good they will not be using dedicated servers or something along the lines of that
>
> That’s as much as I know for now.

Really? That’s a big thing to say before the game has had tens of thousands of players online at the same time.

I never had a problem with lag in Firefight. Hopefully the issue is fixed, I know a lot of players have had problems

Ever since Halo 3 there has been that Controller delay, when playing Co-op online.
I’d very much like to see that fixed, since i’ll be doing 4-player Spartan Ops.

> Josh Holmes said months ago in a GI podcast that their netcode is so good they will not be using dedicated servers or something along the lines of that
>
> That’s as much as I know for now.

Wow hope they deliver then.

Think I’ll just play it solo if it has bad lag

Oh I hope it doesn’t lag…

Don’t even get me started on CEA lag. Can’t even play online co-op on that game.

of course it wont lag, because when I was watching the gameplay it went nice and smooth,
and it also depends on your connection for no-lags.

(if you want to know a real game that lags a whole lot it’s
call of duty, especially modern warfare 3 and 2)

of course it wont lag, because when I was watching the gameplay it went nice and smooth,
and it also depends on your connection for no-lags.

(if you want to know a real game that lags a whole lot it’s
call of duty, especially modern warfare 3 and 2)

> of course it wont lag, because when I was watching the gameplay it went nice and smooth,
> and it also depends on your connection for no-lags.
>
> (if you want to know a real game that lags a whole lot it’s
> call of duty, especially modern warfare 3 and 2)

The gameplay from E3 and so on, was played locally, not online.
That is why it was not lagging.

Hopefully it won’t lag that much - I trust 343 have taken this into consideration.

> > Josh Holmes said months ago in a GI podcast that their netcode is so good they will not be using dedicated servers or something along the lines of that
> >
> > That’s as much as I know for now.
>
> Really? That’s a big thing to say before the game has had tens of thousands of players online at the same time.
>
> I never had a problem with lag in Firefight. Hopefully the issue is fixed, I know a lot of players have had problems

If they’re truthfull, I’ll be very impressed

> > Josh Holmes said months ago in a GI podcast that their netcode is so good they will not be using dedicated servers or something along the lines of that
> >
> > That’s as much as I know for now.
>
> Really? That’s a big thing to say before the game has had tens of thousands of players online at the same time.

Not really. It’s what any developer/publisher would say about their game. They don’t start talking about what could be improved until they’ve announced the next instalment. Until then its all praise, all the time.

Co-op online has always been unplayable for me. I’ve always played solo or local co-op with my bother. I will be surprised if it’s any different this time around.

Im sure it’ll be fine till some player has a poor connection, or live in Aus :’( Or there’s a faulty path for the data amongst the many hundreds of potential connections it can take between you and the game.

In short it’ll be just like any game, good and bad games.

What Tyrant said, but hopefully they weren’t totally blowing hot air.

I think 343 has learned the lessons that Reach unfortunately had to teach. I doubt they’ll ship the next entry into the main Halo series with serious lag issues, especially since it’s their first product.

Besides, if it’s bad, you can always do it solo- there’s even an achievement for it too.