how bad was the modders when halo 3 first came out?

because i just had a game against some and I think they hacked the game for easy kills. first it was going good for us than in the middle it was weird and everyone got taken to their own zones of the same map, than everyone died at once and we were in the same map again, i hit the one guy in front of me and it did nothing and than he killed me with one hit and it wasnt a shotgun or something like that, than pretty soon my team started droping dead all around because of these guys, and i hate that i cant prove anything because i dont have my HDD for my xbox yet :frowning:

Though I know we can mention them, I am not sure if we can actually discuss modders like this.

There’s a possibility it was just awful lag.

> There’s a possibility it was just awful lag.

I know my connection was in the red, but to me it didnt seem like it was lag. I could understand if it was just me and things seem to be moveing faster but it looks like my whole team was effected but the other team seemed fine

Lag does weird things. I’m not ruling out the possibility of it being a modder, but I’ve had similar experiences in really laggy games so who knows.

I played just over 7000 Halo 3 games i think it was and i never ever ran into a Hacker. Like any Halo fan i was playing Since Hour 1 day 1.

I ran into a hacker one time in Halo 3, and it was a few months before Halo Reach was released. Someone host booted me and another guy because we were dominating them on Sandtrap in big team battle. (I will never know what host booting in a social playlist will get you.) I ran into host booters a lot in Halo 2 on the last day of original xbox live service too.

Ummm i doubt it was a modder, sounds like awful lag or network manipulation.

You will never see modding in Halo like you did in Halo 2, their systems have gotten a lot better. Not saying its not possible, it very well is just nearly not as good. A jtag also gets banned really quickly, within a few hours and costs like $40 to $100 to get it unbanned so its very unlikely you will see one on Reach.

It appears we can. I never really encountered modders in Halo3. At least not how I understand the term. Now network manipulators… those were galore.

> It appears we can. I never really encountered modders in Halo3. At least not how I understand the term. Now network manipulators… those were galore.

Same here. And I’m happy to say that I haven’t encountered either yet in Reach. Weird stuff when it lags like mad, sure. That happens maybe once a month and is the best reason for me to quit.

But when I remember the “good old days” of H2 where modding/hacking was rampant… shiver