How Armor Cores Work// Gen1 Confirmed

• Helmet - Helmet attachments - Visor - Chest - Shoulders (each) - Wrist - Gloves - Kneepads - Utility - Prosthesis - Voice - Body Type - And…Armor CoreAlot of people have been confused about armor core, so lemme clear things up. I’ve acquired this knowledge by reading the latest Inside Infinite as well as the newest edition of Canon Fodder. Your Armor Core is your baseplate for armor, which includes your thighs, undersuit, legs, and overall shape of the foundation of the armor.
    Think of this like a skill tree. You’ve all seen the new armors like Mark VII and Soldier and Anubis. These armors are all part of the Gen3 Mark VII armor core. The Reach styled armors we saw are all confirmed to be part of the Gen1 Mark V armor core.
    It’s like a skill tree like I said. So the armor core you choose will dictate your selection of other armors to equip. In other words, you cannot mix Gen1 and Gen3 armors. You cannot wear the Mark VII helmet with Reach shoulders and chest. It’s separate, split into “classes” and generations of armors.
    I don’t personally mind but i’m sure most of you will, so there, it’s all cleared up.

EDIT: I should add that coatings and visors are interchangeable between generations, i’m pretty sure

I don’t mind it at all. I just hope that you can make armor presets (which looking at the Overview Vidoc seems like it might).

> 2535452387883664;2:
> I don’t mind it at all. I just hope that you can make armor presets (which looking at the Overview Vidoc seems like it might).

It seems we can favorite specific armors as well

The only reason I don’t like this is because I don’t like the Reach undersuit at all, but like most of the armor pieces. The Reach ODST helm is my favorite; I don’t like 343s designs of it in 4 and 5, so I’m hoping we can at least mix helms up seeing as how they aren’t connected to the base armor in any way.

> 2535449887501541;4:
> The only reason I don’t like this is because I don’t like the Reach undersuit at all, but like most of the armor pieces. The Reach ODST helm is my favorite; I don’t like 343s designs of it in 4 and 5, so I’m hoping we can at least mix helms up seeing as how they aren’t connected to the base armor in any way.

Helmets are locked to armor cores, but I’m not 100% sure if undersuits are fixed or if you can customize them.

i wouldn’t be surprised if helmets where also interchangeable.

> 2533274863107411;6:
> i wouldn’t be surprised if helmets where also interchangeable.

I’d agree but we haven’t seen a single example of this, plus wording from Canon Fodder would lead me to disagree. Unfortunate :frowning:

Though I suppose we’ll know for sure during flighting

bad design decision if you ask me if true. Dont tought amazing customization and then limit what players can interchange.

> 2533274840624875;8:
> bad design decision if you ask me if true. Dont tought amazing customization and then limit what players can interchange.

Agreed. Part of the point of including old armor is to mix it with the new. It would’ve sucked if Halo:Reach only let you wear Mk.V/VI, CQB, Recon, EOD, or ODST on halo 3 ‘armor cores’

I already made a post about this.
But yeah, with 0 evidence of mixing reach helmets on mark vii core, this looks to be the way it will be. Honestly, it’s good because some things shouldn’t be mixed. (Thinking of how ugly Yoroi would look with anything other than Yoroi)

> 2533274816257608;10:
> I already made a post about this.But yeah, with 0 evidence of mixing reach helmets on mark vii core, this looks to be the way it will be. Honestly, it’s good because some things shouldn’t be mixed. (Thinking of how ugly Yoroi would look with anything other than Yoroi)

That’s how I feel with armors like helioskrill too. Some things just don’t look good together

Yeah this is a horrible choice. “Here have the most player expression with in this little square”

I don’t foresee this being a huge complaint at least from my perspective. Armor coatings however…

> 2535444776586376;13:
> I don’t foresee this being a huge complaint at least from my perspective. Armor coatings however…

I don’t personally see the problem with armor coatings. Then again, i’m in the lucky position of having Watchdog, so…
I feel like Coatings are the right way to go considering the other systems in play here, namely the passes. Plus I’m pretty sure we’ll be getting at least standard colors starting out. Why wouldn’t we?

> 2533274816257608;10:
> I already made a post about this.But yeah, with 0 evidence of mixing reach helmets on mark vii core, this looks to be the way it will be. Honestly, it’s good because some things shouldn’t be mixed. (Thinking of how ugly Yoroi would look with anything other than Yoroi)

that’s subjective though and should be up to the players, not up to the devs.

> 2533274840624875;15:
> > 2533274816257608;10:
> > I already made a post about this.But yeah, with 0 evidence of mixing reach helmets on mark vii core, this looks to be the way it will be. Honestly, it’s good because some things shouldn’t be mixed. (Thinking of how ugly Yoroi would look with anything other than Yoroi)
>
> that’s subjective though and should be up to the players, not up to the devs.

I agree. I like Helioskrill helmet with Shinobi torso. Limiting parts to gens / cores is restricting our choices. I had a feeling there would be more to frustrate us. The new system is not all bad, but it’s not as good as it could be, imo.

I feel like this system is in place to prevent clipping between drastically different pieces of armor; which is fine.
However! A system like this seems like it would severely limit customization as a whole. It seems to me they could have just designed the armor pieces so this wouldn’t be an issue. Oh well.
my question now is how many pieces of armor/armor sets are we getting that we can mix and match per core?
343i needs to come out and explain this. Because just like coatings, this is an unwelcome change to the status quo of Halo customization, limiting customization with no good reasoning behind it.

> 2533274882898126;1:
> - Helmet - Helmet attachments - Visor - Chest - Shoulders (each) - Wrist - Gloves - Kneepads - Utility - Prosthesis - Voice - Body Type - And…Armor CoreAlot of people have been confused about armor core, so lemme clear things up. I’ve acquired this knowledge by reading the latest Inside Infinite as well as the newest edition of Canon Fodder. Your Armor Core is your baseplate for armor, which includes your thighs, undersuit, legs, and overall shape of the foundation of the armor.
> Think of this like a skill tree. You’ve all seen the new armors like Mark VII and Soldier and Anubis. These armors are all part of the Gen3 Mark VII armor core. The Reach styled armors we saw are all confirmed to be part of the Gen1 Mark V armor core.
> It’s like a skill tree like I said. So the armor core you choose will dictate your selection of other armors to equip. In other words, you cannot mix Gen1 and Gen3 armors. You cannot wear the Mark VII helmet with Reach shoulders and chest. It’s separate, split into “classes” and generations of armors.
> **I don’t personally mind but i’m sure most of you will, so there, it’s all cleared up.**EDIT: I should add that coatings and visors are interchangeable between generations, i’m pretty sure

Not sure how I feel about this currently but I suppose we’ll have to wait and see.

I dont have an issue with any of the undersuits or anything but I wanna see how it works some time.

Ahhh interesting. Well it makes sense from a lore perspective. So I wonder if something like the samurai armour is a customizable core or is it basically a set piece of armour you can’t change?

> 2533275031939856;19:
> Ahhh interesting. Well it makes sense from a lore perspective. So I wonder if something like the samurai armour is a customizable core or is it basically a set piece of armour you can’t change?

The Yoroi is it’s own armor core. I’m assuming they’ll be adding more pieces for it in later seasons.