How are you gonna tackle Halo: Reach on the 14th?

Are you gonna play Campaign, Firefight, Customs, Forge, or Multiplayer first?

For me, I’m gonna play co-op Campaign on Legendary with 4 of my buddies. Afterwards I’m immediately going into Forge World and mess around for a little bit. After that, I’ll play some Multiplayer and complete a Challenge or two. And finally I’m gonna go into Firefight with my co-op buddies and get as far as we can… probably on Normal or Heroic. Hopefully we can get to a million points so we get all of the scoring achievements out of the way.

Then the rest of the week will just be about playing Customs, Matchmaking, Firefight and Forge with my friends. Sometime after that I’ll play Campaign solo on Heroic to catch anything that I missed beforehand.

The week of the 14th is gonna be an awesome week!

I’m going to play Co-op with my brother. Since Halo: Combat Evolved he has been my “Legendary Partner”.

I’m definitely doing campaign first, co-op if I can find other people at my school to play with, otherwise solo on Heroic.
I’ll try to finish straight through on the morning of the 14th, then go to sleep, and multiplayer all day Tuesday evening!

This is a tough question! I still haven’t decided exactly how I’m going to approach it.

I’m definitely going to my local midnight release to pick up the Legendary Edition and trade my 360 Elite in for the -Yoink!- new Reach 360. The unboxing alone will be a treat that I will savor and enjoy experiencing. After the anticipation builds beyond capacity, I’m sure I’ll scramble to get everything hooked up and put the last disk that my new 360 will see for a very very long time.

There are so many enticing options on Bungie’s last Halo palette that I can’t decide which to taste first. Traditionally, I’ve always run through campaign solo. I’ve loved to unlock the mysteries of the storyline without spoil or interruption from friends. I couldn’t imagine being at a crucial part of the game and have someone else ruin the experience by exploring too far ahead or shouting out a surprise without experiencing it myself first-hand. Perhaps if I can find a few friends that will abide by a set of rules (stay together, keep quiet during cut-scenes, etc), I may try having my first campaign run as co-op. I know going through campaign, one way or the other, will be toward the top of the list though; I don’t want anyone to ruin the story.

But all of the other gametypes seem like so much fun that I will definitely have to spend a few minutes checking them all out before I crash after the first night; exploring Forge World and the rest of the new maps, testing out the new Firefight options, running through the matchmaking netcode upgrade, getting my own hands on Theater mode, etc, etc… the list is quite long!

There is no doubt in my mind that the seemingly unlimited options of Reach will entertain me for years to come!

I’m saving campaign (solo ledgendary) for the weekend. Until then it will be Forgery! Matchmakery! And uh…firefightery?

As I did with Halo 3 and ODST: Co-op with friends all night!

First run-through – four player co-op with friends on Legendary without scoring.

Second run-through – four player co-op on Legendary with scoring as we try to knock out as many campaign achievements as we can.

Then Customs.

Then Multiplayer.

Of course, that could all be reversed and switched and swapped once I get the disc fired up and the MP starts calling my name.

-Jon

It’s going to be hard to get much playing time considering school and after school activities consume a lot of my time. I imagine that I will play Campaign with a few friends, and that’s all I want to do on the first day at least.

~Hawk

My birthday is on the 25th of September, so I might not get it until then. I will probably mess with Forge World first.

> It’s going to be hard to get much playing time considering school and after school activities consume a lot of my time. I imagine that I will play Campaign with a few friends, and that’s all I want to do on the first day at least.
>
> ~Hawk

Same here. Work and school may consume my life for a bit. Maybe I’ll take the day after off or something.

> > It’s going to be hard to get much playing time considering school and after school activities consume a lot of my time. I imagine that I will play Campaign with a few friends, and that’s all I want to do on the first day at least.
> >
> > ~Hawk
>
> Same here. Work and school may consume my life for a bit. Maybe I’ll take the day after off or something.

I could possibly see your mom allowing you to be “sick” for a day, but my parents definitely aren’t as cool as yours in that regard.

~Hawk

> > > It’s going to be hard to get much playing time considering school and after school activities consume a lot of my time. I imagine that I will play Campaign with a few friends, and that’s all I want to do on the first day at least.
> > >
> > > ~Hawk
> >
> > Same here. Work and school may consume my life for a bit. Maybe I’ll take the day after off or something.
>
> I could possibly see your mom allowing you to be “sick” for a day, but my parents definitely aren’t as cool as yours in that regard.
>
> ~Hawk

Sadface. I guess you could actually get sick. :\

Forge will be my first stop. After that I will hit match-making. Got to be sure to get all those daily challenges.

I’m going to get Legendary if I can afford it, I don’t exactly have a lot of money right now.

Anyways, I’ll probably run through the game on solo Heroic as I usually do (did Legendary on Halo 3 co-op first though).

I’m not touching multiplayer until I’ve completed the main story.

I might try to get the day off from work so I can hit the Midnight release, then head home to start some serious campaign action while chilling with an ice cold PBR…

Else, I will just have to limit myself to a couple hours of Reach matchmaking and fewer PBR.

I’m going to play solo heroic campaign first, then lots of multiplayer, and finally a mix between firefight and forge.

I have alot of plans for Forge. But also would like to complete 4 player Co-Op Legendary on the first day. Also doing Legendary all skulls on sounds like alot of fun. Had alot of fun doing this on 3. Im sure it will be just as much of a challenge if not greater.

The Decision

Aw this is really tough for me; but this fall I’m gonna take talents to mission 1, and start off with campaign;)

I still don’t know if I am going to play campaign on solo Legendary or on Live with 4 friends. I would really like to have 4 player co-op, but I also wonder if it wouldn’t be best to play my first play through alone. Still got some time to decide…

> I still don’t know if I am going to play campaign on solo Legendary or on Live with 4 friends. I would really like to have 4 player co-op, but I also wonder if it wouldn’t be best to play my first play through alone. Still got some time to decide…

Ya solo vs co-op for my first run through is a big decision for me too. I really get myself into the story of games. and usually the people i play with arn’t that into is as i am.