How are we able to hear Elites in Banshees?

In those Warzone FF rounds where the Covenant Elites are in Banshees, how are we able to hear them?
Are we patched into their internal communications, or are they just broadcasting out loud for everyone to hear?

First time I heard them i was disoriented, looking around for the elite that is talking and couldn’t see any. then I realised it had to be the ones in the banshees.
I heard them from ghosts/wraiths as well, however that is understandable as they are open on ground vehicles. Banshees are up in the sky.

“I am under fire!”

• Covenant Elite

Long Range Spartan Sound Amplification

I think in Halo 2 their legs stick out (always seemed to be a really awkward way to pilot a craft), so maybe the bottom of the cockpit is open.

> 2533274850493408;3:
> I think in Halo 2 their legs stick out (always seemed to be a really awkward way to pilot a craft), so maybe the bottom of the cockpit is open.

That’s true, I remember seeing the legs sticking out.
Also, they must have very loud voices!

Likely a situation where gameplay got priority over lore.

Most likely Spartans amplified hearing could just listen in onto what they’re saying.

Two likely reasons;

1: MLJONIR includes sensory amplification (and dulling if needed) systems, letting the Spartan hear, see, and sense things better than a normal human can. Its just one of the little bonuses you get from wearing 1000 pound powered assault armor.

2: Spartans as a whole have far sharper senses than normal humans. Combine that with the above mentioned armor enhancement and you can hear and filter stuff you never thought possible.

3: If the Elite is broadcasting over an open channel (or even a closed one ONIs managed to break) the suits transcom system probably intercepts it. No data is bad data after all