How are people finding matchmaking?

Are we getting paired with like-skilled players?

How can you expect to get pair with “like-skilled” players when people have just started playing?

TrueSkill takes time to build up and “rank” players correctly.

> How can you expect to get pair with “like-skilled” players when people have just started playing?
>
> TrueSkill takes time to build up and “rank” players correctly.

So I take it you’re one of the devs then? Can you please explain exactly what it takes in to account and how long it takes to do that please?

I’m more concerned about being teamed up against local players, since they removed the feature to play locally.

It takes a decent amount of games for the system to determine, give it a week the game JUST came out.

I didn’t make any complaints about the system, I have actually found that I’m getting pretty even match ups.

Hence why I asked.

> > How can you expect to get pair with “like-skilled” players when people have just started playing?
> >
> > TrueSkill takes time to build up and “rank” players correctly.
>
> So I take it you’re one of the devs then? Can you please explain exactly what it takes in to account and how long it takes to do that please?

It takes about ten games to calculate an accurate TrueSkill.

Here’s the link that describes how TrueSkill operates. One thing to note is that no game uses the base TrueSkill algorithm. Each alters the algorithm to take other parameters into account.

If you’re asking why, it’s because to calculate anything (or just to learn anything) you need observations, aka DATA, to be able to measure it.

Yeah I didn’t think it was very many. Anybody else have any thoughts?