How are Noobs Canon in Halo 4?

I mean, if all the Spartans IV in the UNSC Infinity are:

1. Promoted ODST for good experience and success.

2. Recruits who passed a Military training.

How do 343i explain Spartans shooting Teammates or Spartans running around looking at the ground or facing a wall?

/Not serious question, but still… XD

WTF are you talking about?

> WTF are you talking about?

M-U-L-T-I-P-L-A-Y-E-R

There’s a certain point where you just have to remember that it’s a video game I guess. Not absolutely everything can, or needs to be, explained in canon.

Its bring your kids to work day on the Infinity

brain injuries or side effects on the training simulation lol not sure

> I mean, if all the Spartans IV in the UNSC Infinity are:
>
> 1) Promoted ODST for good experience and success.
>
> 2) Recruits who passed a Military training.
>
> How do 343i explain Spartans shooting Teammates or Spartans running around looking at the ground or facing a wall?
>
> /Not serious question, but still… XD

“Not serious question, but still”

So why post it? Seriously, what does this add to the discussion?

I did all that silly stuff in all the Halo Campaigns. For me its always been cannon.

> > I mean, if all the Spartans IV in the UNSC Infinity are:
> >
> > 1) Promoted ODST for good experience and success.
> >
> > 2) Recruits who passed a Military training.
> >
> > How do 343i explain Spartans shooting Teammates or Spartans running around looking at the ground or facing a wall?
> >
> > /Not serious question, but still… XD
>
> “Not serious question, but still”
>
> So why post it? Seriously, what does this add to the discussion?

Because…it’s fun?

It’s a joke. Since 343i decided to transform everything in Canon, it’s funny how many little things can’t be explained with that version…

> “Not serious question, but still”
>
> So why post it? Seriously, what does this add to the discussion?

Sometimes a little levity is nice and is a welcome change of pace from the complaining/negativity that is often prevalent in this section.

> > “Not serious question, but still”
> >
> > So why post it? Seriously, what does this add to the discussion?
>
> Sometimes a little levity is nice and is a welcome change of pace from the complaining/negativity that is often prevalent in this section.

That’s what I was thinking. Probably just Spartans goofing off? I’m sure even they, especially as ordinary volunteers, do that sometimes. Though I have yet to see a viable explanation for driving a Banshee into a cliff and exploding.

> I mean, if all the Spartans IV in the UNSC Infinity are:
>
> 1) Promoted ODST for good experience and success.
>
> 2) Recruits who passed a Military training.
>
> How do 343i explain Spartans shooting Teammates or Spartans running around looking at the ground or facing a wall?
>
> /Not serious question, but still… XD

There are no people in those suits. It’s a bunch of chickens.

Target practice for the Spartan II’s.

> > I mean, if all the Spartans IV in the UNSC Infinity are:
> >
> > 1) Promoted ODST for good experience and success.
> >
> > 2) Recruits who passed a Military training.
> >
> > How do 343i explain Spartans shooting Teammates or Spartans running around looking at the ground or facing a wall?
> >
> > /Not serious question, but still… XD
>
> There are no people in those suits. It’s a bunch of chickens.
>
> Target practice for the Spartan II’s.

Good sir, the apostrophe in “Spartan II’s” was unnecessary. :slight_smile:

> Its bring your kids to work day on the Infinity

I lol’d.

And agree with snickerdoodle. Nothing wrong with a little light (or crude) humor.

Several options

1: Those particular Spartans were assigned by superiors to be an -Yoink- to see how their team mates would handle it. How would you handle a team mate in real life going blank or starting to shoot at you?

2: Glitches in the system, like signals not getting where they should so the Avatars doesn’t respond or color changes on armor.

3: Drunk

I also wondered why Master Chief would try and jump on the arbiters head and then -Yoink!- him. But he did it like seven times…

Boren’s Syndrome. It’s not just Flood immunity.

Well this is why I think making multiplayer an actual part of the Halo storyline is a mistake? At the end of the day we’re not actually Spartans, we’re just a bunch of guys (and girls) playing Halo on the couch, in our bedrooms, or with mates or on our own. Whilst we do this we’re drinking coke, eating snacks, chatting to friends and so on.

Point is that just because there is some storyline behind multiplayer isn’t going to change the way we play. Which is casually, and for the fun of the game itself.

I think it will be weird playing a game of CTF where an entire team has almost all quit and the other team is spawn camping. How does this fit into the Infinity? Why would a Spartan-IV rage quit a training session? This is the sort of thing that makes the whole immersion completely impossible, I’ll never ever feel that I’m on the Infinity as a Spartan-IV in the same way that I immerse myself as the Chief in the Campaign.

Pointless storyline is pointless.

The idea of war games being Spartan IV’s on board the Infinity is canon HOWEVER each indivual Spartan VI the community makes and what we do in matchmaking is NOT canon.

The context of multiplayer is canon. Your spartan isn’t canon however thus any issue with yoinkup player is now void.