How about two seperate mulitiplayers?

I’ve been thinking about this and this is a long shot, but what if 343 makes 2 different multiplayers. One that caters to the classic fans and one that has Spartan abilities and sprint, that way there is no more torches and pitchforks here on the forums. They would share armors and some weapons so that you wouldn’t have to earn the permanent unlocks separately. I know this sounds crazy but I believe this is the only way stop the fighting and bring peace to this once great halo community. Please leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments below. Ps I’ve thought about a classic playlist but, that would mean not a lot of variety.
-Niko

I agree. The divide is to wide to bridge at this point. We can’t agree on basic game mechanics , much less sand box and vehicle mechanics. I think one has to go back and explore untold stories from one era or another. As another topic post pointed out The Forerunner/Ancient Human era would be a great place to use the current mechanics and not feel contrived , if they chose to move forward with the Classic sandbox.
I feel like 343 could also go back before Halo Ce and tell other stories about Chief and Blue team using old school mechanics if they chose to move forward with the current sandbox.
As for two different Multi-players inside the same game , see TMCC , and watch how it burned. Sorry but it just doesn’t work. It’s either completely buggy or so divisive it has to many dead play lists.

343i doesn’t have to create two absurdly similar multiplayer suites to please new and old fans. They design the game and if new or old fans don’t enjoy it, then those fans can move onto other titles they will enjoy. 343 isn’t going to throw away all of the abilities they introduced, they are only going to go further with their intended design for better or worse. If old fans want a Halo game that plays like older titles, they have just that older titles. No need to create another game that superficially seems and plays the same. Also I’m pretty sure 343i wants to consolidate the FPS community into one game, so population won’t be a problem.

> 2717573882290912;3:
> so population won’t be a problem.

It will be if they keep going down the path they’re on! :smiley:
(Sorry , It was to easy , no offense intended.)

> 2533274951967684;1:
> I’ve been thinking about this and this is a long shot, but what if 343 makes 2 different multiplayers. One that caters to the classic fans and one that has Spartan abilities and sprint, that way there is no more torches and pitchforks here on the forums. They would share armors and some weapons so that you wouldn’t have to earn the permanent unlocks separately. I know this sounds crazy but I believe this is the only way stop the fighting and bring peace to this once great halo community. Please leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments below. Ps I’ve thought about a classic playlist but, that would mean not a lot of variety.
> -Niko

A lot of classic halo map forge remakes have already done this, so if people can do this in forge I think 343 can too

I like this idea but in a different form maybe. It would be awesome if they had two different Halo series being made simultaneously, one would concentrate on modern Halo, the other classic Halo. Maybe the classic Halo series could feature ODST’s so they COULDN’T have these Spartan abilities (just take sprint out because). I know 343i likes to make multiplayer intertwine with Halo lore and canonnise it.

No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.

> 2533274974217755;7:
> No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.

no I understand it entirely, most of those mechanics are ripped straight from other games. And another thing that whole “understand its the best multiplayer” thing is not a fact, that’s an opinion. We both share this franchise and both deserve what we want. Understand that this is one of the only ways to fix this. This is something a lot of us want and you people just want to push us out? how dare you!

> 2533274951967684;8:
> > 2533274974217755;7:
> > No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.
>
>
> no I understand it entirely, most of those mechanics are ripped straight from other games. And another thing that whole “understand its the best multiplayer” thing is not a fact, that’s an opinion. We both share this franchise and both deserve what we want. Understand that this is one of the only ways to fix this. This is something a lot of us want and you people just want to push us out? how dare you!

Yes, go play MCC. This game doesn’t need to reflect previous titles. And I’m sorry, but it’s fact that this multiplayer is the best out of all the Halos. Halo 5 is Halo 5, not 2 or 3 or 4 or CE. MCC is there, go play it. Let the people that enjoy the game for what it is, enjoy it. We’re playing Halo 5 for a reason.

> 2533274974217755;9:
> > 2533274951967684;8:
> > > 2533274974217755;7:
> > > No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.
> >
> >
> > no I understand it entirely, most of those mechanics are ripped straight from other games. And another thing that whole “understand its the best multiplayer” thing is not a fact, that’s an opinion. We both share this franchise and both deserve what we want. Understand that this is one of the only ways to fix this. This is something a lot of us want and you people just want to push us out? how dare you!
>
>
> Yes, go play MCC. This game doesn’t need to reflect previous titles. And I’m sorry, but it’s fact that this multiplayer is the best out of all the Halos. Halo 5 is Halo 5, not 2 or 3 or 4 or CE. MCC is there, go play it. Let the people that enjoy the game for what it is, enjoy it. We’re playing Halo 5 for a reason.

Im not saying take away that from multiplayer, did you even read what I put. I said to make two different multiplayers in the same game, and learn the definition of what an opinion because you are wrong in that aspect.

> 2533274951967684;10:
> > 2533274974217755;9:
> > > 2533274951967684;8:
> > > > 2533274974217755;7:
> > > > No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.
> > >
> > >
> > > no I understand it entirely, most of those mechanics are ripped straight from other games. And another thing that whole “understand its the best multiplayer” thing is not a fact, that’s an opinion. We both share this franchise and both deserve what we want. Understand that this is one of the only ways to fix this. This is something a lot of us want and you people just want to push us out? how dare you!
> >
> >
> > Yes, go play MCC. This game doesn’t need to reflect previous titles. And I’m sorry, but it’s fact that this multiplayer is the best out of all the Halos. Halo 5 is Halo 5, not 2 or 3 or 4 or CE. MCC is there, go play it. Let the people that enjoy the game for what it is, enjoy it. We’re playing Halo 5 for a reason.
>
>
> Im not saying take away that from multiplayer, did you even read what I put. I said to make two different multiplayers in the same game, and learn the definition of what an opinion because you are wrong in that aspect.

No, there’s no need for two different modes. MCC has what you’re looking for.

All right I’ve stayed out of this thread for a bit assuming someone is going to point out the obvious, that hasn’t happened. Two separate multiplayers would mean two different entire games. They would have twice the development cost, twice the development team or time, and twice the cost to you the user. Two different multiplayers = two games. They’ve already done that however. The classic style is available via the MCC and H5 style is available via H5. Reach and 4 are still playable as well.

> 2533274974217755;11:
> > 2533274951967684;10:
> > > 2533274974217755;9:
> > > > 2533274951967684;8:
> > > > > 2533274974217755;7:
> > > > > No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > no I understand it entirely, most of those mechanics are ripped straight from other games. And another thing that whole “understand its the best multiplayer” thing is not a fact, that’s an opinion. We both share this franchise and both deserve what we want. Understand that this is one of the only ways to fix this. This is something a lot of us want and you people just want to push us out? how dare you!
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, go play MCC. This game doesn’t need to reflect previous titles. And I’m sorry, but it’s fact that this multiplayer is the best out of all the Halos. Halo 5 is Halo 5, not 2 or 3 or 4 or CE. MCC is there, go play it. Let the people that enjoy the game for what it is, enjoy it. We’re playing Halo 5 for a reason.
> >
> >
> > Im not saying take away that from multiplayer, did you even read what I put. I said to make two different multiplayers in the same game, and learn the definition of what an opinion because you are wrong in that aspect.
>
>
> No, there’s no need for two different modes. MCC has what you’re looking for.

you mean the game with the dead servers, yeahh you see where im going with that

> 2533274880633045;12:
> All right I’ve stayed out of this thread for a bit assuming someone is going to point out the obvious, that hasn’t happened. Two separate multiplayers would mean two different entire games. They would have twice the development cost, twice the development team or time, and twice the cost to you the user. Two different multiplayers = two games. They’ve already done that however. The classic style is available via the MCC and H5 style is available via H5. Reach and 4 are still playable as well.

yeah but if 343 wants to earn back our trust, “that will be a sacrifice they will be willing to make” - lord Farquaad 2016

> 2533274951967684;13:
> > 2533274974217755;11:
> > > 2533274951967684;10:
> > > > 2533274974217755;9:
> > > > > 2533274951967684;8:
> > > > > > 2533274974217755;7:
> > > > > > No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > no I understand it entirely, most of those mechanics are ripped straight from other games. And another thing that whole “understand its the best multiplayer” thing is not a fact, that’s an opinion. We both share this franchise and both deserve what we want. Understand that this is one of the only ways to fix this. This is something a lot of us want and you people just want to push us out? how dare you!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yes, go play MCC. This game doesn’t need to reflect previous titles. And I’m sorry, but it’s fact that this multiplayer is the best out of all the Halos. Halo 5 is Halo 5, not 2 or 3 or 4 or CE. MCC is there, go play it. Let the people that enjoy the game for what it is, enjoy it. We’re playing Halo 5 for a reason.
> > >
> > >
> > > Im not saying take away that from multiplayer, did you even read what I put. I said to make two different multiplayers in the same game, and learn the definition of what an opinion because you are wrong in that aspect.
> >
> >
> > No, there’s no need for two different modes. MCC has what you’re looking for.
>
>
> you mean the game with the dead servers, yeahh you see where im going with that

The servers are spotty, no dispute there. That reasoning still doesn’t improve on the idea for there being two different modes. Halo 5 is Halo 5. MCC has the mode you’re describing.

> 2533274951967684;14:
> > 2533274880633045;12:
> > All right I’ve stayed out of this thread for a bit assuming someone is going to point out the obvious, that hasn’t happened. Two separate multiplayers would mean two different entire games. They would have twice the development cost, twice the development team or time, and twice the cost to you the user. Two different multiplayers = two games. They’ve already done that however. The classic style is available via the MCC and H5 style is available via H5. Reach and 4 are still playable as well.
>
>
> yeah but if 343 wants to earn back our trust, “that will be a sacrifice they will be willing to make” - lord Farquaad 2016

All they have to do to ‘earn’ my trust back is ship Halo 6 complete with a decent campaign. Regardless of what happens a small segment of the community will whinge. I’ve seen it since Halo 2 was announced. It isn’t going to change and I certainly don’t see the need to placate these guys when there is an entire game that has exactly what they claim they want sitting on a shelf next to my xbox one.

And there aren’t many games I’d pay 120 dollars for. Can’t think of a single one actually.

> 2533274974217755;15:
> > 2533274951967684;13:
> > > 2533274974217755;11:
> > > > 2533274951967684;10:
> > > > > 2533274974217755;9:
> > > > > > 2533274951967684;8:
> > > > > > > 2533274974217755;7:
> > > > > > > No, I believe that if people want the same material over and over, they may play MCC. This is Halo 5; meant to be its own style. I don’t know when people will realize this, but Halo 5 has the best gameplay. It’s harder to play the game, that’s why people dislike it. It’s not because it’s more competitive, but because the mechanics are more challenging. People fear and criticize what they do not understand. We the people that do see this game for what it is, understand it’s the best multiplayer Halo there’s ever been. All of these vintage “I played Halo 3 when it was cool blehh” need to leave. You’re tainting the excellence of this game, not purifying it with your nonsensical nostalgia that holds no value over this game or relevance.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > no I understand it entirely, most of those mechanics are ripped straight from other games. And another thing that whole “understand its the best multiplayer” thing is not a fact, that’s an opinion. We both share this franchise and both deserve what we want. Understand that this is one of the only ways to fix this. This is something a lot of us want and you people just want to push us out? how dare you!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes, go play MCC. This game doesn’t need to reflect previous titles. And I’m sorry, but it’s fact that this multiplayer is the best out of all the Halos. Halo 5 is Halo 5, not 2 or 3 or 4 or CE. MCC is there, go play it. Let the people that enjoy the game for what it is, enjoy it. We’re playing Halo 5 for a reason.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Im not saying take away that from multiplayer, did you even read what I put. I said to make two different multiplayers in the same game, and learn the definition of what an opinion because you are wrong in that aspect.
> > >
> > >
> > > No, there’s no need for two different modes. MCC has what you’re looking for.
> >
> >
> > you mean the game with the dead servers, yeahh you see where im going with that
>
>
> The servers are spotty, no dispute there. That reasoning still doesn’t improve on the idea for there being two different modes. Halo 5 is Halo 5. MCC has the mode you’re describing.

although I do play it I just want something more, alas it has changed. I’ll probably play the campaign and return it afterwards.