How about more DMR bloom

But only Unscoped.

i feel this would balance it more.

no thankyou. bloom sucked in reach (in my oppinion anyway) and it also made it almost impossible to outplay more than 1 opponent. thanks to bloom once you have killed one guy your reticule is the size of a car unless you wait a bit and in that time your dead. recoil would work maybe but i think the dmr is fine as it is. if it needs a nerf i hope its done in other ways.

Making a weapon more frustrating to use is not the same as balancing it.

The DMR does seem a little out of whack with the BR and LR, but I’d rather see it fixed with a very minor damage reduction or with an aim assist reduction than with ‘more bloom’.

I think the problem with the DMR is more that it’s a autotarget-weapon :wink:

I like it though :<

> But only Unscoped.
>
> i feel this would balance it more.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I can’t wrap my head around the fact that on the one hand the community as a whole did nothing but groan and complain about the addition of bloom, particularly as it related to the DMR in Reach, while on the other hand so many in the community are clamoring for the increasing of bloom on the DMR in H4. It makes no sense to me. Slower RoF? Smaller clip? Is there not some better means of bringing the weapon into balance than increasing the random elements in the game (bloom is a randomizing element).

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the DMR.

adding bloom would make it useless in close range combat. which is good since it is used for long range not close.

I’ll take less bloom, thank you.

> adding bloom would make it useless in close range combat. which is good since it is used for long range not close.

wat

> I don’t think there is anything wrong with the DMR.

Do you have fun sitting behind rocks on Ragnarok with everyone cross-mapping with their DMRs for the entire match?

-Yoink- no… it needs no bloom… incase you havent noticed there is still bloom and if you spam mid range there is a chance you may miss the headshot which is why you should pace your last shot… but people spam and sometimes i get out dmr’d by a spammer cause he was lucky enough to have that spammed shot hit my head even though most the time it doesn’t work… with bloom there will always be luck to take into consideration, more bloom more luck… we need the opposite…

> > I don’t think there is anything wrong with the DMR.
>
> Do you have fun sitting behind rocks on Ragnarok with everyone cross-mapping with their DMRs for the entire match?

I don’t. I like winning games and having a high K/D. I prefer Team Slayer Pro over BTB anyway.

> > adding bloom would make it useless in close range combat. which is good since it is used for long range not close.
>
> wat

having trouble reading?

> > > I don’t think there is anything wrong with the DMR.
> >
> > Do you have fun sitting behind rocks on Ragnarok with everyone cross-mapping with their DMRs for the entire match?
>
> I don’t. I like winning games and having a high K/D. I prefer Team Slayer Pro over BTB anyway.

I guess my point was that the DMR as it currently stands (in combination with the addition of personal ordinance drops) has rendered certain gametypes and maps within those gametypes pretty stale. For that reason, amongst others, I think the DMR merits a serious looking at, and possibly changes.

> no thankyou. bloom sucked in reach (in my oppinion anyway) and it also made it almost impossible to outplay more than 1 opponent. thanks to bloom once you have killed one guy your reticule is the size of a car unless you wait a bit and in that time your dead. recoil would work maybe but i think the dmr is fine as it is. if it needs a nerf i hope its done in other ways.

Pace your shots.

Look most of us know the DMR needs something done with it. But we can’t seem to agree on what. The ammo capacity is fine as it limits two kills per clip, changing the damage would most likly entail the DMR being a 6sk Im not sure how this would effect weapon balance though. The other 2 options are decreased rof or adding bloom (possibly reduced aim assist and bullet magnitism). It ultimatly comes down to what 343 does if anything at all.

I agree with this topic, ad more bloom.

The reason it is OP is because everyone shoot as fast they can without missing.
The bloom is now to small, pacing shots is now only necessarily at extreme range
The DMR will stay the same in CQC battles but from mid-long range pacing your shot is a must.

> Pace your shots.

I mean, you know that those who paced eventually figured out that they still lost to those who spammed and got lucky, and so spamming became the norm, even amongst competitive players and even pros, right? A weapon system that rewards getting lucky over being skilled is not a desirable system, although the entire game seems to be trending that direction, so… whatevs…

> But only Unscoped.
>
> i feel this would balance it more.

how about no

if it really does need a nerf, which i think it doesnt, then just lower the ROF

Bloom is the most unnecessary was to balance a weapon. Rate of fire (ROF), shots to kill, degree of autoaim, are all much better than bloom.

Why make the game random?

Bloom is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I want to be able to shoot as fast as I want, I want my bullets to go wherever the freak I aim my reticle.