How About Instead of Whining that Halo CEA Not Having Multiplayer...

You just focus on Halo 4?

Halo CEA is not supposed to be a multiplayer release. In fact, we should really be glad we’re getting it at all. It was rumor, then it wasn’t, then it was denied, then it was hinted at…They could have just said “Ah, too much work…Lets just do Halo 4 and be done with it”. Then we would never get the graphical overhaul that we are getting…Or the 6 great old multiplayer maps, and (probably) a Flood Firefight Map for Reach!

Look, I’m a bit miffed that they don’t have multiplayer on CEA. I was looking very forward to it, as I’m sure many of you were as well. But this is NOT the end of the world! If you really want to see a good Halo multiplayer game again, focus on Halo 4. I doubt they’ve even STARTED thinking about what multiplayer is, and if we show interest, maybe we can get some of our ideas to influence 343. We can get rid of AAs, Bloom, nuke-nades…All the -Yoink- that made Reach so…Not Halo.

You want your Halo 1 Multiplayer? Lets try to get Halo 4 to be as close as we can, eh?

First off, Halo: CEA will have multiplayer, just Reach’s multiplayer, and we are “whining” about that. And, do you not think what we say about Halo: CEA wont have an impact on Halo 4? After all, we’ll still want rid of the same stuff, and so, this is helping both Halo 4 and Halo: CEA.

Could care less about Halo4, stopped buying Halo games after purchasing Halo3. Frankie has basically destroyed the Halo CE gameplay, by Halo 3 it might as well be called something else. IMHO

I have close to 0% confidence I will ever buy another Halo game again with Frankie still making decision. Halo hasn’t existed since 2004. IMHO

Having Reach MP on a supposed CE remastered, is like Ceion Dion singing Metallica songs and saying it’s a Metallica album. You just don’t mess with a classic, and they did.

> First off, Halo: CEA will have multiplayer, just Reach’s multiplayer, and we are “whining” about that. And, do you not think what we say about Halo: CEA wont have an impact on Halo 4? After all, we’ll still want rid of the same stuff, and so, this is helping both Halo 4 and Halo: CEA.

What I’m saying is rather than wasting all the time bagging on 343 for not including it, just focus the efforts on Halo 4 and I’m sure they’ll be much more willing and able to listen to us. Look, I signed the petition to include multiplayer in CEA. Why? Because I’d love to see it! But I’m not going to sit here, sulk, and make threads about how much 343 sucks because they didn’t put multiplayer in. What I AM going to do is try to contribute as much as possible for ideas with Halo 4s multiplayer.

> Could care less about Halo4, stopped buying Halo games after purchasing Halo3. Frankie has basically destroyed the Halo CE gameplay, by Halo 3 it might as well be called something else. IMHO
>
> I have close to 0% confidence I will ever buy another Halo game again with Frankie still making decision. Halo hasn’t existed since 2004. IMHO
>
> Having Reach MP on a supposed CE remastered, is like Ceion Dion singing Metallica songs and saying it’s a Metallica album. You just don’t mess with a classic, and they did.

Frankie didn’t ruin anything…In fact he’s doing the OPPOSITE by not touching it at all. He said in the bulletin that their efforts made the game different, and I can trust him on that. However, I do think that if they tried hard enough, they could make it feel like Halo 1 online.

I’m sorry but I think you’re over-reacting. I saw your thread. You need to get a grip.

Put that effort towards Halo 4…And if you still want CEA multiplayer, go sign the petition and don’t get your -Yoink!- in a wad. Maturity goes a long way around these parts.

> > First off, Halo: CEA will have multiplayer, just Reach’s multiplayer, and we are “whining” about that. And, do you not think what we say about Halo: CEA wont have an impact on Halo 4? After all, we’ll still want rid of the same stuff, and so, this is helping both Halo 4 and Halo: CEA.
>
> What I’m saying is rather than wasting all the time bagging on 343 for not including it, just focus the efforts on Halo 4 and I’m sure they’ll be much more willing and able to listen to us. Look, I signed the petition to include multiplayer in CEA. Why? Because I’d love to see it! But I’m not going to sit here, sulk, and make threads about how much 343 sucks because they didn’t put multiplayer in. What I AM going to do is try to contribute as much as possible for ideas with Halo 4s multiplayer.

I believe you are mistaken, there is already multiplayer in Halo: CEA. Are you talking about original multiplayer? If so, then I understand what you are saying. But the fact remains, the more we voice our opinions about Halo: CEA, the better idea 343i will have for Halo 4 multiplayer. People want the original multiplayer back, and thus, by “whining” about it, 343i knows where to go forward from for Halo 4. They will use Halo: CEA as a reference to what we want, or at least, that’s what I want.

> > > First off, Halo: CEA will have multiplayer, just Reach’s multiplayer, and we are “whining” about that. And, do you not think what we say about Halo: CEA wont have an impact on Halo 4? After all, we’ll still want rid of the same stuff, and so, this is helping both Halo 4 and Halo: CEA.
> >
> > What I’m saying is rather than wasting all the time bagging on 343 for not including it, just focus the efforts on Halo 4 and I’m sure they’ll be much more willing and able to listen to us. Look, I signed the petition to include multiplayer in CEA. Why? Because I’d love to see it! But I’m not going to sit here, sulk, and make threads about how much 343 sucks because they didn’t put multiplayer in. What I AM going to do is try to contribute as much as possible for ideas with Halo 4s multiplayer.
>
> I believe you are mistaken, there is already multiplayer in Halo: CEA. Are you talking about original multiplayer? If so, then I understand what you are saying. But the fact remains, the more we voice our opinions about Halo: CEA, the better idea 343i will have for Halo 4 multiplayer. People want the original multiplayer back, and thus, by “whining” about it, 343i knows where to go forward from for Halo 4. They will use Halo: CEA as a reference to what we want, or at least, that’s what I want.

I suppose you’ve got a point…

Still, making a bunch of hate threads isn’t helping anyone. That’s mainly who I’m directing this thread to.

Why don’t you just grab a copy of Halo PC, with real online MP:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832102230&cm_re=halo_pc--32-102-230--Product

why is everyone saying that halo cea will have reach multiplayer, that would be dump stupid and bad.

its a remake so just halo ce multiplayer with better graphic’s… no loadouts armour abilitys, and bloom…

No, you’re being silly.

If we complain on a HUGE scale right now, we can show 343 that we’re not taking this crap. We still have a chance. Telling us to sit down and shut up will not help anything, the whining may very well do something.

Well the fact that they didn’t include online MP with CEA shows that they have poor judgement because their reasons are not very logical. So that doesn’t really bode well for Halo 4 either.

I agree, Time Glitch.

I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.

Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.

You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.

Why do people think adding the original multiplayer to the original game is going to divide the community even more? The community is nearly destroyed and by giving us the original multiplayer but with live, it has a chance to bring in more people. If people prefer Reach, they’ll still play Reach. If people prefer the remake, they’ll play that. There’s no dividing the community, there’s simply adding to the community, or leaving it as is, nearly dead. Halo 4 will divide the community when it comes out, not Halo: CEA.

> I agree, Time Glitch.
>
> I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
>
> Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
>
> You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.

You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this -Yoinking!- is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.

> > I agree, Time Glitch.
> >
> > I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
> >
> > Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
> >
> > You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.
>
> You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this Yoink! is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.

You can’t have everything, I thought the Community recognized this? That’s why we asked for a TU for Reach to hold us over 'till Halo 4. Also, didn’t Frankie say that the price for the game will not be full price?

I guess he Reach supporters weren’t kidding about one thing: the unpleasable community.

I still believe in focusing on Halo 4, instead of whining about the lack of Halo: CE multiplayer.

> > > I agree, Time Glitch.
> > >
> > > I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
> > >
> > > Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
> > >
> > > You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.
> >
> > You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this Yoink! is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.
>
> You can’t have everything, I thought the Community recognized this? That’s why we asked for a TU for Reach to hold us over 'till Halo 4. Also, didn’t Frankie say that the price for the game will not be full price?
>
> I guess he Reach supporters weren’t kidding about one thing: the unpleasable community.
>
> I still believe in focusing on Halo 4.

Why do you us unpleasable? The only thing we want is the original multiplayer, give us that and we’ll shut the -Yoink- up about Halo: CEA forever. There’s nothing unpleasable about it.

> > > I agree, Time Glitch.
> > >
> > > I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
> > >
> > > Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
> > >
> > > You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.
> >
> > You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this Yoink! is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.
>
> You can’t have everything, I thought the Community recognized this? That’s why we asked for a TU for Reach to hold us over 'till Halo 4. Also, didn’t Frankie say that the price for the game will not be full price?
>
> I guess he Reach supporters weren’t kidding about one thing: the unpleasable community.
>
> I still believe in focusing on Halo 4, instead of whining about the lack of Halo: CE multiplayer.

Are you serious? REALLY?

ALL we have EVER wanted, from the moment xbox live came on the go, was Halo COMBAT EVOLVED MULTIPLAYER. We thought we’d never get it. Then this year the rumours start, hopes emerge. Now, they’re destroyed. We don’t give a DAMN about the campaign because we’ve played it so many times it’s boring. The multiplayer is the best out of the entire series and that is ALL we want. I don’t care if the game is not full price, it’s still a cash cow when all we get is garbage maps and a campaign with pretty graphics. The only reason we’re unappeasable is because the -Yoink- developers just wont LISTEN.

> > > > I agree, Time Glitch.
> > > >
> > > > I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
> > > >
> > > > Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
> > > >
> > > > You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.
> > >
> > > You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this Yoink! is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.
> >
> > You can’t have everything, I thought the Community recognized this? That’s why we asked for a TU for Reach to hold us over 'till Halo 4. Also, didn’t Frankie say that the price for the game will not be full price?
> >
> > I guess he Reach supporters weren’t kidding about one thing: the unpleasable community.
> >
> > I still believe in focusing on Halo 4.
>
> Why do you us unpleasable? The only thing we want is the original multiplayer, give us that and we’ll shut the Yoink! up about Halo: CEA forever. There’s nothing unpleasable about it.

Everytime your givin something, you say it’s not good enough, and you want it to go further. Besides, not everyone was drawn into CE by its multiplayer. I only cared about the campaign.

Why not focus the money on TU-ing Reach and Halo 4 instead of CEA multiplayer, TU-ing Reach, and Halo 4 at the same time?

Less money, less resources to spend.

> > > > > I agree, Time Glitch.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
> > > > >
> > > > > Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
> > > > >
> > > > > You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.
> > > >
> > > > You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this Yoink! is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.
> > >
> > > You can’t have everything, I thought the Community recognized this? That’s why we asked for a TU for Reach to hold us over 'till Halo 4. Also, didn’t Frankie say that the price for the game will not be full price?
> > >
> > > I guess he Reach supporters weren’t kidding about one thing: the unpleasable community.
> > >
> > > I still believe in focusing on Halo 4.
> >
> > Why do you us unpleasable? The only thing we want is the original multiplayer, give us that and we’ll shut the Yoink! up about Halo: CEA forever. There’s nothing unpleasable about it.
>
> Everytime your givin something, you say it’s not good enough, and you want it to go further. Besides, not everyone was drawn into CE by its multiplayer. I only cared about the campaign.
>
> Why not focus the money on TU-ing Reach and Halo 4 instead of CEA multiplayer, TU-ing Reach, and Halo 4 at the same time?
>
> Less money, less resources to spend.

Actually, it would be more. If they just polished the graphics of the original multiplayer and gave us that, we would shut up where as Reach would still have their fanbase as well, so it would be the best of both worlds and gain more members into the Halo community, more then we have now for sure.

And actually, no, we don’t complain everytime we get given something and we don’t like it. We complain when we either get promised something that turns out different(Halo Reach being said to be like Halo: CE by Bungie) or when we’re given what we wanted only to find out they axed the direct part of the game we want(Halo: CE remake along with original multiplayer). So no, we’re not hard to please, we’re just annoyed that when developers say they’ll do something and then end up completely screwing it up or giving us half of what we wanted, the half we didn’t want.

> > > > > I agree, Time Glitch.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
> > > > >
> > > > > Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
> > > > >
> > > > > You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.
> > > >
> > > > You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this Yoink! is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.
> > >
> > > You can’t have everything, I thought the Community recognized this? That’s why we asked for a TU for Reach to hold us over 'till Halo 4. Also, didn’t Frankie say that the price for the game will not be full price?
> > >
> > > I guess he Reach supporters weren’t kidding about one thing: the unpleasable community.
> > >
> > > I still believe in focusing on Halo 4.
> >
> > Why do you us unpleasable? The only thing we want is the original multiplayer, give us that and we’ll shut the Yoink! up about Halo: CEA forever. There’s nothing unpleasable about it.
>
> Everytime your givin something, you say it’s not good enough, and you want it to go further. Besides, not everyone was drawn into CE by its multiplayer. I only cared about the campaign.
>
> Why not focus the money on TU-ing Reach and Halo 4 instead of CEA multiplayer, TU-ing Reach, and Halo 4 at the same time?
>
> Less money, less resources to spend.

Well there you have it. You just don’t get what made CE multiplayer so good. You’re fine with the CEA because it improves what you want.

> > > > > > I agree, Time Glitch.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I’m not a fan of Reach (in fact, I’m pretty anti-Reach), but I’m just happy that 343i updated the graphics without compromising the gameplay. Frankie did good, hell, better than good. He and 343i did what the community wanted. Sure, we don’t get Halo: CE multiplayer, but isn’t that why we have the PC version? And although I abhore Reach’s multiplayer, I recognize that a second multiplayer followed by a third (Halo 4) would divide the community worse than Reach already has. I’m just happy to get an updated Campaign without them touching the gameplay. And at least they are bringing back the old maps for Reach multiplayer, and not Forge Wold remakes.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Now, we should focus on two things: Getting a TU for Reach out of 343i, and really focusing on Halo 4. It’s obvious 343i listens to the Community, we just have to share our ideas without all of the whining.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You want a reverse of what Reach has done? Focus on Halo 4.
> > > > >
> > > > > You failed with one point “did what the community wanted”. No he hasn’t. All this Yoink! is proving we wanted MULTIPLAYER. If we wanted to play campaign, we all have a disc sitting that we can just put in right now. Some pretty graphics is not worth the cash cow that this is.
> > > >
> > > > You can’t have everything, I thought the Community recognized this? That’s why we asked for a TU for Reach to hold us over 'till Halo 4. Also, didn’t Frankie say that the price for the game will not be full price?
> > > >
> > > > I guess he Reach supporters weren’t kidding about one thing: the unpleasable community.
> > > >
> > > > I still believe in focusing on Halo 4.
> > >
> > > Why do you us unpleasable? The only thing we want is the original multiplayer, give us that and we’ll shut the Yoink! up about Halo: CEA forever. There’s nothing unpleasable about it.
> >
> > Everytime your givin something, you say it’s not good enough, and you want it to go further. Besides, not everyone was drawn into CE by its multiplayer. I only cared about the campaign.
> >
> > Why not focus the money on TU-ing Reach and Halo 4 instead of CEA multiplayer, TU-ing Reach, and Halo 4 at the same time?
> >
> > Less money, less resources to spend.
>
> Well there you have it. You just don’t get what made CE multiplayer so good. You’re fine with the CEA because it improves what you want.

Just because multiplayer made it great to you doesn’t mean that was what made it great for everyone. I didn’t really care about multiplayer because it was LAN only and I didn’t have a lot of people to play with me. Does that make me not a CE fan.

I loved the story, and that’s what made CE great in my eyes. If you don’t like my reason, deal with it.