How Aa's could work for halo4

Listen here fellow community members, let’s talk AA’s. I know a LOT of people hate AA’s (me being a half hater), but they can work if 343i puts in the effort and listens to the community like they’re saying they will. AA’s have had lots of trouble in Halo: Reach, mainly from armor lock, and invisibility (my own opinion ), but 343i could improve by using adjustments. Myself I think they should completely get rid of armor lock, then make adjustments to invisibility to make it more like the Halo 3 active camo. I think sprint is already at the peak of its perfection as long as 343i gets gets rid of that obnoxious breathing. With jet-packs the same, but give us more flight time. Also make the drop shield more like the Halo 3 bubble shield meaning more strength and shield time, but having more recharge time to compensate. I think holograms are just fine where they’re standing. Evade should have three rolls instead of two. What do you think? Please leave your thoughts below.

Y3SS I TOTALLLALY AGRRED WIT U!!! I TINK DEY SHULD ADD ARMUR LOCK ND MAEK ITT SOO WEN U USED ITT, U GETZ TO USE IT FOREVA, INFINTY USSAGE FOR UNLIMMMTED TIMMES!!! ND DEY SHOULD MAEK IT SOO U CULD MOOVE ARROIUND INITT ND WEN U FIER, ITT FIERS POCKET LAWN CHAIRS ND SHOOTS SPARTEN LAZER LIEK A REECH FOCUS RIFFLE ND BESTT OF ALLZ IZ DAT ISS UMILIMMTED AMMO ND NO RELOADD LOL!!!

Look around you, Reach is the recent Halo game, Halo 4 will probably have what reach has, since all of the previous halos did the same!

Before I even read the OP: AAs can never work.

After reading the OP: None of these improvements really fix the problems, they are just wishful thinking.

You don’t fix cancer OP. You cut it out.

> You don’t fix cancer OP. You cut it out.

Good example. If not cut out quickly enough, it consumes and destroys its host.

i would rather go back to equipment style, AA’s for custom games and invasion… AA’s worked for reach, but this is halo 4, sequal to halo 3 not reach. if 343 cant understand that, they wont succeed in the eyes of most halo fans IMO.

> i would rather go back to equipment style, AA’s for custom games and invasion… AA’s worked for reach, but this is halo 4, sequal to halo 3 not reach. if 343 cant understand that, they wont succeed in the eyes of most halo fans IMO.

AAs did NOT work for Reach.

sprint is actually one of the worst. it’s what made the double melee and sword such a problem

I dont get were changing AA’s into Equipment woukld be wrong most of the AA’s are different equipment put together lol. And as i see it sprint could be used as just an added push of speed similar to alot of shooters like GoW and many others, this would rock for trying to gain control on a map without breaking the flow, Idk about armor lock or jet pack, but i believe the could be retooled to work. JP specifically would need maps catered to that kind of gameplay. But i know plenty disagree. but if Equipment would be in halo 4 with some of halo reach AA’s implemented as pick ups/equipment.

Edit: What plenty of people miss is that it “failed” in reach only and i mean that only because of the way that it was implemented.

As for sprint whiners will be whiners people and still run away with out sprint.
I see sprint as a way to quickly gain map control and this would be implemented better, by way od in map pick up to gain a quick spurt of speed to again possible control of a certain portion of the map.

I doubt 343i would have AAs JUST for Custom Games. It’s in or out.
Personally, I think they should get the -Yoink- outta Halo.

Trick question!

They can’t!

:wink:

Armor Abilities were implemented terribly, and overall should not return like they were in Reach. Basic control functions like sprinting and evading could have been built in as a basic function like jumping and crouching, instead you needed some weird strap on device to do it. Even a booster-type system could have been built in to increase jump height.

But instead there were things like Armor Lock, a recharging temporary invincibility that killed the speed of gameplay because a player could be immobile for so long, and jetpack, which broke map control because most maps weren’t designed for the vertical movement. Even making the long standing power up Active Camo a rechargeable ability should have been a giveaway that it would cause problems.

My thoughts:

• Armor Lock may have worked if it was purely anti-ordnance (and possibly counter melee like in the beta). That meaning that it can deflect grenades and rockets, repel stuck stickies, and withstand explosions. But the user should have still been vulnerable to bullets, and the charge should last no more than a couple seconds.

• Camo may have worked better without the radar jammer effect. A player could have been just as invisible as with the power up before but they would still show up strongly in the motion detector.

• Drop Shield would probably work better if they couldn’t be stack on top of one another.

So ya, as I said, they shouldn’t come back as the weird little strap on like in Reach, but there are probably better ways that these things could be implement.

> You don’t fix cancer OP. You cut it out.

What he said

How AA’s could work in Halo 4 = Remove them completely.

/Thread

I think the problem is the loadout system of reach. if armor abilities needed to be fought for like power weapons I dont believe there would be as much arguing over their use.

I would prefer using equipments from halo 3 then aa’s because they are a one time use and you need to pick the right situation to use it, otherwise it will become useless.

Equipment>>>>>>>>>>>Poop>>>>>>>>>>>>AA’s

> Equipment>>>>>>>>>>>Poop>>>>>>>>>>>>AA’s

These are the mature and reasonably supported statements I have come to expect from the Halo Community.

> Before I even read the OP: AAs can never work.
>
> After reading the OP: None of these improvements really fix the problems, they are just wishful thinking.

So I guess equipment in Halo 3 never worked either, hmm?

> > Before I even read the OP: AAs can never work.
> >
> > After reading the OP: None of these improvements really fix the problems, they are just wishful thinking.
>
> So I guess equipment in Halo 3 never worked either, hmm?

Apparently they didnt, as they were almost entirely removed from Halo 3 matchmaking. I thought they worked pretty well, however.