How 343i is apparently treating the Halo lore

i

None since there isn’t much to go on. We find a ton of covies, and new enemies, in a scene that is probably some time into the game.

> I have a friend who said this:
>
> “Interesting that it seems like it’s going to be about Medicant Bias, though the rest of the lore seems like it went right out the window.”
>
> “Right out the window”? Can someone please explain to me on what basis can a claim like this apparently be made?

Ignorance.

Halo is transitioning into a new saga. People are just going to have to accept that before they proceed any further with the franchise.

Halo’s 1, 2, and 3 were about humanity’s struggle to defend Earth from the Covenant, and most importantly, the Flood.

Halo’s 4, 5, and 6 are going to be about humanity’s interaction with an “ancient evil” that is just as, if not more, threatening to mankind’s existence.

If people want the old lore, that’s fine. They can read the old books over and over again and play the old games over and over again.

In the end, some people just don’t like change. Change can be uncomfortable, at times, but it can also be well worth it.

i

Tell your friend to watch E3 at his house and shut up. You cant draw anything about the story from that 7min trailer they showed us

It seems like he’s not played a lot of Halo in the past, since every Halo so far has managed to “throw cannon out the window”, Reach went so far as to throw it out, build a bonfire and burn it. :wink:
I hope 343i sticks to the books, or close to, since it’s epic to be able to play what you’ve read :slight_smile:

> > I have a friend who said this:
> >
> > “Interesting that it seems like it’s going to be about Medicant Bias, though the rest of the lore seems like it went right out the window.”
> >
> > “Right out the window”? Can someone please explain to me on what basis can a claim like this apparently be made?
>
> Ignorance.
>
> Halo is transitioning into a new saga. People are just going to have to accept that before they proceed any further with the franchise.
>
> Halo’s 1, 2, and 3 were about humanity’s struggle to defend Earth from the Covenant, and most importantly, the Flood.
>
> Halo’s 4, 5, and 6 are going to be about humanity’s interaction with an “ancient evil” that is just as, if not more, threatening to mankind’s existence.
>
> If people want the old lore, that’s fine. They can read the old books over and over again and play the old games over and over again.
>
> In the end, some people just don’t like change. Change can be uncomfortable, at times, but it can also be well worth it.

If you are inferring that it is okay to just forget about what has been established in a story (especially one such as Halos which Bungie so lovingly created) then you are a fool.

I don’t think 343 is doing a bad job. From what I have seen, I think they are doing a great job with it.

However some of the things they have been doing do justify that guys concern. I don’t know how much you care about canon or whatever and I am not saying you need to. However for those off us who are interested in keeping Halos vast and unique universe intact and accessible, it is an issue.

Change can be awesome when it is necessary. Changing up gameplay for a fresh experience or changing something in the story because there was a bit that doesn’t make sense for instance.

Not, mind you, just for the sake of it.

OP, Tell your friend to take a chill pill.

The Halo Lore is an added series to the Halo Universe. In no way, shape, or, form is a game supposed to exactly mimic the Lore readings. This is why people play the games and find the connections between the two. Predictions from reading novels, comics, etc. and playing games is exceptionally difficult even when you have the full puzzle, you really don’t. Scores of people have tried and failed to fully understand the messages being utilized and they have scratched the surface for the entire Reclaimer Trilogy of every book and game leading up to this trying to figure things out. The subtle hints and dialogue’s like 343 Guilty Spark saying “You ARE Forerunner” and the CEA terminals put the story in its path and when various things were released by 343, it all clicked on what the end result of Halo 4 is going to be: War.

We are going to be back at war by the end of Halo 4. What else does that mean? An army stands ready to fight Humans and with Cortana’s lovely “I will not… allow you to leave… THIS PLANET!” statement while showing signs of Rampancy, you can bet your Halo 4 copy its… well, I’ll let you guess who we will be at war with, but here is the ultimate hint which secured it today: the rotating symbol at the end of the E3 campaign trailer. The pieces of the puzzle are clear as day when you take the hints over the entire Halo Universe and apply some common sense to the equation.With that said, your going to want to strap in for this campaign. Missing it could mean all the hints in the world for Halo 5.