How 343 can regain fans and make new ones.

Take everything about Halo 5 and previous Halo’s and analyze everything that made Halo not feel like Halo in Halo 5. Then Do the same for the older one’s and analyze what made them great.

-Multitudes of different gamemodes that were there since the beginning on day 1 in Halo 6.

-Playable elites.Dear god I can not stress this enough but they NEED to be there, two games without them is completely stupid. And I know 343 know’s of ways they can be balanced and implemented into the game. Halo lost A LOT of players and fans with their absence don’t make the same mistake again 343.

-Either remove or improve the req system. I really think who ever it was who said it was a good idea for the req system to be the way it is should all go watch The Act Man’s video on it. There are so many ways to fix it.

-Stay true to Bungie’s universe they crafted. Why is it that a lot of the things in Halo 5 look so(I hate using this word)generic and boring. One reason I loved Halo was because everything looked Sci-Fi but it looked grounded and real. I think the forerunner’s art style can benefit from going back to its roots. Everything looks to much like Tron(I am not saying Tron is bad but it is DEFINITELY not a good look for them) And the UNSC, its not CoD 343 its Halo.

-More armors that were crafted with care. Ok so everyone knows about Achilles armor right? Wanna know why it looks so bad -Yoink-? Because it was ACTUALLY MADE WITH CARE. We need more of Achilles grade armor in Halo that is what makes customization worth it.

-Exclude cosmetics from the req system. You wanna know how many times I have opened packs hoping to get a good armor only to be disappointed because what I got looks like crap? A lot. And it is probably the same for everyone else. I think the best way to handle this is a mix of Halo 3, Reach, and 4’s armor system. You rank up unlock a new armor set every few levels. Then if you want to by a variation of that armor you can spend credits on it, and for the most bad -Yoink- uber epic armor you must complete achievements and commendations to get them.I earned my Hayabusa because me and my friends made it a quest to find and get all the skulls in the campaign. Also do the same thing for elite armor.

-Don’t released the game half -Yoinked!- then everything comes later.

-And something new that I think might be a cool addition to Halo is a 3rd person mode. Ok sure you can make your spartan or elite YOUR’S but you only ever see your armor when you are dead, in a vehicle, or using a turret. I don’t know if fans would want this in Halo but I thought it would be nice because Halo has always been about options and variety.

-Last but not least A GOOD STORY, Halo 5’s story and campaign was SO bad to me I stopped playing once I got to sangheilios. None of it made sense and none of it made me give a -Yoink- about what was going on, and one more thing NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKE!

So there you go, that is how you can regain old fans and make tons of new one’s as well as more MONEY$$$. Some of what I have typed everyone might not agree with but after watching a lot of videos about this subject from The Act Man, LNG, Hiddenxerphia(may have spelled it wrong) and this is what I have gathered from them. Halo broke the norm of FPS games when it first dropped. And each subsequent game improved upon it and made it into what every one knows and loves. 343 please, listen to us. Stop listening to other’s like competitive players like the Esports so much. Halo was not intended to be that, as Hardy LeBel once said Halo was a party game with shooter mechanics. Let that sink in. But yeah I just wanted to make this a post I know a lot of people have done the same sort of thing on the same subject but I just wanted to put in my word as well.

They need to find the perfect balance between the classic stuff and all the new things they want to implement in the game same for players casuals and hardcores

> 2533274842302174;2:
> They need to find the perfect balance between the classic stuff and all the new things they want to implement in the game same for players casuals and hardcores

That is exactly what I would like to see. And would be a very good thing to do for Halo 6.

All of that can be summed up with just make a better game, but I agree with your ideas.

My couple tips: Don’t mislead people (marketing campaign) and stop trying to appeal to everyone.

> 2727626560040591;4:
> All of that can be summed up with just make a better game, but I agree with your ideas.
>
> My couple tips: Don’t mislead people (marketing campaign) and stop trying to appeal to everyone.

In addition, there are plenty of Halo 6 wishlists already running around. You can contribute to those instead of making another thread.

> 2533274842302174;2:
> They need to find the perfect balance between the classic stuff and all the new things they want to implement in the game same for players casuals and hardcores

This sums it up for me. Nailed this right on the head. There has to be a fine balance. It’s hard to do, but I think it’s possible. If they get it right, it could really change the outlook of Halo as a whole for future iterations.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, and I advocate for many of these changes myself, but I do think 343 is listening.
Bonnie Ross announced a return to ‘simpler’ stories (god I hope they don’t go to the other extreme) and the return of splitscreen (though negated to mention to what capacity, 2p all modes or just campaign, or 4p? or 4p multiplayer 2p campaign? We don’t know.) So it seems as if the loudest complaints are having some affect.

Oh, and those pro players you mentioned are actually sharing your concerns for the most part; I’ve heard that a lot of them were disappointed after the now infamous Halo World Championship Finals, with many asking for a return to Halo’s old style of gameplay. They want the game to be fun, just like everyone else.

I think 343 used pro-players as a marketing tool when Halo 5 was pre-launch, and I’m not sure to what extent they were consulted considering the recent backlash, though that may have come with prolonged exposure to Halo 5’s systems rather than something that was blatantly wrong from the offset, I can’t say for sure. Either way, they don’t like it.

#makeHalo3A
Look we already got 2 out of 3, why not complete it and take the rest of the time to find a way to push a better story and narrative for 6. Just please don’t export it to the mix, the duct tape is holding but its nowhere near done with patch work.

> 2533274842302174;2:

^^^ Both parts of that.

Bring back more classic “stuff” (art style, music style, gameplay mechanics, etc.) to co-exist side by side with 343’s unique creations; and take care of both casuals and competitives from launch day on forward, not a year after release with updates. Both crowds play the game and deserve equal attention.

Ahem - Halo 3 Anniversary for xbone and PC.

How about a maintenance update for MCC? That might bring people back.

I agree with pretty much all of that besides 3rd person and the forerunnerart style
with 3rd person I think it would work fine in customs but people would get angry with people seeing them around corners when they’re stood behind the wall
as for the forerunners art style I think if it just suddenly changed it would be weird but if it combined the two it would make the change easier for people that like the current style maybe Cortana thinks while effective the current created were made to battle the flood or something and goes back to the old style as they were more effective against humans since they did have a war
(I don’t know all the lore but it’s just an idea)

The thing is, pleasing both kinds of fans isn’t possible, since both sides want incompatible things…asking for the classic gameplay style makes the new style impossible. Having sprint and spartan abilities locked to custom games isn’t enough for new fans, it isn’t fair on them, and nor should it be.
I’d personally love it if the game was tuned and balanced to the old style, and Sprint was restricted to BTB, Invasion, etc. where it is actually beneficial, but that isn’t how everyone feels. And implementing one style hampers the other at best and fully contradicts it at worst.

> 2533274973516551;1:
> Take everything about Halo 5 and previous Halo’s and analyze everything that made Halo not feel like Halo in Halo 5. Then Do the same for the older one’s and analyze what made them great.
>
> -Multitudes of different gamemodes that were there since the beginning on day 1 in Halo 6.
>
> -Playable elites.Dear god I can not stress this enough but they NEED to be there, two games without them is completely stupid. And I know 343 know’s of ways they can be balanced and implemented into the game. Halo lost A LOT of players and fans with their absence don’t make the same mistake again 343.
>
> -Either remove or improve the req system. I really think who ever it was who said it was a good idea for the req system to be the way it is should all go watch The Act Man’s video on it. There are so many ways to fix it.
>
> -Stay true to Bungie’s universe they crafted. Why is it that a lot of the things in Halo 5 look so(I hate using this word)generic and boring. One reason I loved Halo was because everything looked Sci-Fi but it looked grounded and real. I think the forerunner’s art style can benefit from going back to its roots. Everything looks to much like Tron(I am not saying Tron is bad but it is DEFINITELY not a good look for them) And the UNSC, its not CoD 343 its Halo.
>
> -More armors that were crafted with care. Ok so everyone knows about Achilles armor right? Wanna know why it looks so bad -Yoink-? Because it was ACTUALLY MADE WITH CARE. We need more of Achilles grade armor in Halo that is what makes customization worth it.
>
> -Exclude cosmetics from the req system. You wanna know how many times I have opened packs hoping to get a good armor only to be disappointed because what I got looks like crap? A lot. And it is probably the same for everyone else. I think the best way to handle this is a mix of Halo 3, Reach, and 4’s armor system. You rank up unlock a new armor set every few levels. Then if you want to by a variation of that armor you can spend credits on it, and for the most bad -Yoink- uber epic armor you must complete achievements and commendations to get them.I earned my Hayabusa because me and my friends made it a quest to find and get all the skulls in the campaign. Also do the same thing for elite armor.
>
> -Don’t released the game half -Yoinked!- then everything comes later.
>
> -And something new that I think might be a cool addition to Halo is a 3rd person mode. Ok sure you can make your spartan or elite YOUR’S but you only ever see your armor when you are dead, in a vehicle, or using a turret. I don’t know if fans would want this in Halo but I thought it would be nice because Halo has always been about options and variety.
>
> -Last but not least A GOOD STORY, Halo 5’s story and campaign was SO bad to me I stopped playing once I got to sangheilios. None of it made sense and none of it made me give a -Yoink- about what was going on, and one more thing NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKE!
>
> So there you go, that is how you can regain old fans and make tons of new one’s as well as more MONEY$$$. Some of what I have typed everyone might not agree with but after watching a lot of videos about this subject from The Act Man, LNG, Hiddenxerphia(may have spelled it wrong) and this is what I have gathered from them. Halo broke the norm of FPS games when it first dropped. And each subsequent game improved upon it and made it into what every one knows and loves. 343 please, listen to us. Stop listening to other’s like competitive players like the Esports so much. Halo was not intended to be that, as Hardy LeBel once said Halo was a party game with shooter mechanics. Let that sink in. But yeah I just wanted to make this a post I know a lot of people have done the same sort of thing on the same subject but I just wanted to put in my word as well.

Agreed,to me no matter what they do they will not regain that many people…they have drifted very far away from halo 1 to 3 and it will never regain it’s form

Add an immersive campaign that really captures the heart and soul of the Halo theme by adding vast landscapes with open terrain to explore without invisible barriers or kill walls. give us freedom to explore the missions without them being so linear. Most importantly, have a GREAT story. the multiplayer is already solid as is, so there is not muchto critique there.

> -Last but not least A GOOD STORY, Halo 5’s story and campaign was SO bad to me I stopped playing once I got to sangheilios. None of it made sense and none of it made me give a -Yoink- about what was going on, and one more thing NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKE!

I care about Locke.

My best guess was to make H3A, but that’s not happening.

> 2533274973516551;1:
> Take everything about Halo 5 and previous Halo’s and analyze everything that made Halo not feel like Halo in Halo 5. Then Do the same for the older one’s and analyze what made them great.
>
> -Multitudes of different gamemodes that were there since the beginning on day 1 in Halo 6.
>
> -Playable elites.Dear god I can not stress this enough but they NEED to be there, two games without them is completely stupid. And I know 343 know’s of ways they can be balanced and implemented into the game. Halo lost A LOT of players and fans with their absence don’t make the same mistake again 343.
>
> -Either remove or improve the req system. I really think who ever it was who said it was a good idea for the req system to be the way it is should all go watch The Act Man’s video on it. There are so many ways to fix it.
>
> -Stay true to Bungie’s universe they crafted. Why is it that a lot of the things in Halo 5 look so(I hate using this word)generic and boring. One reason I loved Halo was because everything looked Sci-Fi but it looked grounded and real. I think the forerunner’s art style can benefit from going back to its roots. Everything looks to much like Tron(I am not saying Tron is bad but it is DEFINITELY not a good look for them) And the UNSC, its not CoD 343 its Halo.
>
> -More armors that were crafted with care. Ok so everyone knows about Achilles armor right? Wanna know why it looks so bad -Yoink-? Because it was ACTUALLY MADE WITH CARE. We need more of Achilles grade armor in Halo that is what makes customization worth it.
>
> -Exclude cosmetics from the req system. You wanna know how many times I have opened packs hoping to get a good armor only to be disappointed because what I got looks like crap? A lot. And it is probably the same for everyone else. I think the best way to handle this is a mix of Halo 3, Reach, and 4’s armor system. You rank up unlock a new armor set every few levels. Then if you want to by a variation of that armor you can spend credits on it, and for the most bad -Yoink- uber epic armor you must complete achievements and commendations to get them.I earned my Hayabusa because me and my friends made it a quest to find and get all the skulls in the campaign. Also do the same thing for elite armor.
>
> -Don’t released the game half -Yoinked!- then everything comes later.
>
> -And something new that I think might be a cool addition to Halo is a 3rd person mode. Ok sure you can make your spartan or elite YOUR’S but you only ever see your armor when you are dead, in a vehicle, or using a turret. I don’t know if fans would want this in Halo but I thought it would be nice because Halo has always been about options and variety.
>
>
> So there you go, that is how you can regain old fans and make tons of new one’s as well as more MONEY$$$. Some of what I have typed everyone might not agree with but after watching a lot of videos about this subject from The Act Man, LNG, Hiddenxerphia(may have spelled it wrong) and this is what I have gathered from them. Halo broke the norm of FPS games when it first dropped. And each subsequent game improved upon it and made it into what every one knows and loves. 343 please, listen to us. Stop listening to other’s like competitive players like the Esports so much. Halo was not intended to be that, as Hardy LeBel once said Halo was a party game with shooter mechanics. Let that sink in. But yeah I just wanted to make this a post I know a lot of people have done the same sort of thing on the same subject but I just wanted to put in my word as well.

I would probably say no to a 3rd person mode in matchmaking but in custom games absolutely.

> 2535434980546598;18:
> > 2533274973516551;1:
> > Take everything about Halo 5 and previous Halo’s and analyze everything that made Halo not feel like Halo in Halo 5. Then Do the same for the older one’s and analyze what made them great.
> >
> > -Multitudes of different gamemodes that were there since the beginning on day 1 in Halo 6.
> >
> > -Playable elites.Dear god I can not stress this enough but they NEED to be there, two games without them is completely stupid. And I know 343 know’s of ways they can be balanced and implemented into the game. Halo lost A LOT of players and fans with their absence don’t make the same mistake again 343.
> >
> > -Either remove or improve the req system. I really think who ever it was who said it was a good idea for the req system to be the way it is should all go watch The Act Man’s video on it. There are so many ways to fix it.
> >
> > -Stay true to Bungie’s universe they crafted. Why is it that a lot of the things in Halo 5 look so(I hate using this word)generic and boring. One reason I loved Halo was because everything looked Sci-Fi but it looked grounded and real. I think the forerunner’s art style can benefit from going back to its roots. Everything looks to much like Tron(I am not saying Tron is bad but it is DEFINITELY not a good look for them) And the UNSC, its not CoD 343 its Halo.
> >
> > -More armors that were crafted with care. Ok so everyone knows about Achilles armor right? Wanna know why it looks so bad -Yoink-? Because it was ACTUALLY MADE WITH CARE. We need more of Achilles grade armor in Halo that is what makes customization worth it.
> >
> > -Exclude cosmetics from the req system. You wanna know how many times I have opened packs hoping to get a good armor only to be disappointed because what I got looks like crap? A lot. And it is probably the same for everyone else. I think the best way to handle this is a mix of Halo 3, Reach, and 4’s armor system. You rank up unlock a new armor set every few levels. Then if you want to by a variation of that armor you can spend credits on it, and for the most bad -Yoink- uber epic armor you must complete achievements and commendations to get them.I earned my Hayabusa because me and my friends made it a quest to find and get all the skulls in the campaign. Also do the same thing for elite armor.
> >
> > -Don’t released the game half -Yoinked!- then everything comes later.
> >
> > -And something new that I think might be a cool addition to Halo is a 3rd person mode. Ok sure you can make your spartan or elite YOUR’S but you only ever see your armor when you are dead, in a vehicle, or using a turret. I don’t know if fans would want this in Halo but I thought it would be nice because Halo has always been about options and variety.
> >
> > -Last but not least A GOOD STORY, Halo 5’s story and campaign was SO bad to me I stopped playing once I got to sangheilios. None of it made sense and none of it made me give a -Yoink- about what was going on, and one more thing NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKE!
> >
> > So there you go, that is how you can regain old fans and make tons of new one’s as well as more MONEY$$$. Some of what I have typed everyone might not agree with but after watching a lot of videos about this subject from The Act Man, LNG, Hiddenxerphia(may have spelled it wrong) and this is what I have gathered from them. Halo broke the norm of FPS games when it first dropped. And each subsequent game improved upon it and made it into what every one knows and loves. 343 please, listen to us. Stop listening to other’s like competitive players like the Esports so much. Halo was not intended to be that, as Hardy LeBel once said Halo was a party game with shooter mechanics. Let that sink in. But yeah I just wanted to make this a post I know a lot of people have done the same sort of thing on the same subject but I just wanted to put in my word as well.
>
> I would probably say no to a 3rd person mode in matchmaking but in custom games absolutely.

And in my opinion some of the UNSC stuff looks better than before. I also have no idea where you made the COD comparison.

> 2535434980546598;19:
> > 2535434980546598;18:
> > > 2533274973516551;1:
> > > Take everything about Halo 5 and previous Halo’s and analyze everything that made Halo not feel like Halo in Halo 5. Then Do the same for the older one’s and analyze what made them great.
> > >
> > > -Multitudes of different gamemodes that were there since the beginning on day 1 in Halo 6.
> > >
> > > -Playable elites.Dear god I can not stress this enough but they NEED to be there, two games without them is completely stupid. And I know 343 know’s of ways they can be balanced and implemented into the game. Halo lost A LOT of players and fans with their absence don’t make the same mistake again 343.
> > >
> > > -Either remove or improve the req system. I really think who ever it was who said it was a good idea for the req system to be the way it is should all go watch The Act Man’s video on it. There are so many ways to fix it.
> > >
> > > -Stay true to Bungie’s universe they crafted. Why is it that a lot of the things in Halo 5 look so(I hate using this word)generic and boring. One reason I loved Halo was because everything looked Sci-Fi but it looked grounded and real. I think the forerunner’s art style can benefit from going back to its roots. Everything looks to much like Tron(I am not saying Tron is bad but it is DEFINITELY not a good look for them) And the UNSC, its not CoD 343 its Halo.
> > >
> > > -More armors that were crafted with care. Ok so everyone knows about Achilles armor right? Wanna know why it looks so bad -Yoink-? Because it was ACTUALLY MADE WITH CARE. We need more of Achilles grade armor in Halo that is what makes customization worth it.
> > >
> > > -Exclude cosmetics from the req system. You wanna know how many times I have opened packs hoping to get a good armor only to be disappointed because what I got looks like crap? A lot. And it is probably the same for everyone else. I think the best way to handle this is a mix of Halo 3, Reach, and 4’s armor system. You rank up unlock a new armor set every few levels. Then if you want to by a variation of that armor you can spend credits on it, and for the most bad -Yoink- uber epic armor you must complete achievements and commendations to get them.I earned my Hayabusa because me and my friends made it a quest to find and get all the skulls in the campaign. Also do the same thing for elite armor.
> > >
> > > -Don’t released the game half -Yoinked!- then everything comes later.
> > >
> > > -And something new that I think might be a cool addition to Halo is a 3rd person mode. Ok sure you can make your spartan or elite YOUR’S but you only ever see your armor when you are dead, in a vehicle, or using a turret. I don’t know if fans would want this in Halo but I thought it would be nice because Halo has always been about options and variety.
> > >
> > > -Last but not least A GOOD STORY, Halo 5’s story and campaign was SO bad to me I stopped playing once I got to sangheilios. None of it made sense and none of it made me give a -Yoink- about what was going on, and one more thing NO ONE CARES ABOUT LOCKE!
> > >
> > > So there you go, that is how you can regain old fans and make tons of new one’s as well as more MONEY$$$. Some of what I have typed everyone might not agree with but after watching a lot of videos about this subject from The Act Man, LNG, Hiddenxerphia(may have spelled it wrong) and this is what I have gathered from them. Halo broke the norm of FPS games when it first dropped. And each subsequent game improved upon it and made it into what every one knows and loves. 343 please, listen to us. Stop listening to other’s like competitive players like the Esports so much. Halo was not intended to be that, as Hardy LeBel once said Halo was a party game with shooter mechanics. Let that sink in. But yeah I just wanted to make this a post I know a lot of people have done the same sort of thing on the same subject but I just wanted to put in my word as well.
> >
> > I would probably say no to a 3rd person mode in matchmaking but in custom games absolutely.
>
> And in my opinion some of the UNSC stuff looks better than before. I also have no idea where you made the COD comparison.

Yes it would be nice for customs but the camera angle would have to be like the theater mode 3rd person camera. And the comparison was there because CoD(fish) since recently has always looked generic and boring with some guns looking pretty much like a UNSC weapon.