HOST with the Most. (0)

In every game Halo or Not people always say HOST or you had host or it was my host - and there’s ways to tell in Halo 3 and Halo Reach although I don’t think most understand how to tell .

So lets make it simple
The HOST for the game is determined in post lobby and when the game starts it shows ALL players and what Team they’re on SIMPLE JUST PUT THE HOST on Top .
everyone would see that its
{ insert name of Host } and that way there’s no confusion about it …

This would not matter or change anything its just a little more info for the players to have / some might like it to others it is a stupid idea

So what do you think ?

Also this would be great for custom games.

I say they just add a little symbol next to their name, make things even simpler.

dedicated servers

why not, i would very much love to know who to direct my crappy host anger at :wink:

I wanna know how garbo my connection is :smiley:
I’m not one of those people who would be like, “OMG, I can’t land headshots cause… uhhhh… HE HAS HOST!”, but it would be helpful.

> dedicated servers

Although it would be nice…

It’s been confirmed to be out

Sorry

> I say they just add a little symbol next to their name, make things even simpler.

If we had to have something to show who’s host, then this would by far be the simplest and easiest way to handle it.

However I don’t really want the host showing up, it would add more hassle than it’s worth towards people that are host.

Completely and utterly a bad idea.

This would do absolutely nothing to aid gamers in any way. All it would do is give the other team a “You only won because you had host!” excuse.

Knowing who is host does absolutely no one any good, but certainly is going to bring tons of arguments. Right now, many people blame the game on whoever’s host it was. If it was out in the open, EVERY game would have this excuse.

Nothing to gain, tons to lose.

> Completely and utterly a bad idea.
>
> This would do absolutely nothing to aid gamers in any way. All it would do is give the other team a “You only won because you had host!” excuse.
>
> Knowing who is host does absolutely no one any good, but certainly is going to bring tons of arguments. Right now, many people blame the game on whoever’s host it was. If it was out in the open, EVERY game would have this excuse.
>
> Nothing to gain, tons to lose.

Everyone argues regardless. Period. Fact.

It would simply be far less annoying if you could know for sure who is host.

> Everyone argues regardless. Period. Fact.
>
>
> It would simply be far less annoying if you could know for sure who is host.

Yes, everyone still argue but it would add to the issue even more, more people would know, more people would gladly send hate messages to the host.

Terrible idea.

> > Completely and utterly a bad idea.
> >
> > This would do absolutely nothing to aid gamers in any way. All it would do is give the other team a “You only won because you had host!” excuse.
> >
> > Knowing who is host does absolutely no one any good, but certainly is going to bring tons of arguments. Right now, many people blame the game on whoever’s host it was. If it was out in the open, EVERY game would have this excuse.
> >
> > Nothing to gain, tons to lose.
>
> Everyone argues regardless. Period. Fact.
>
>
> It would simply be far less annoying if you could know for sure who is host.

True, everyone argues, but no one knows for sure. Thus, all arguements hold very little backup.

However, if it tells everyone who is host, it would do nothing other than give the other team an inarguable excuse every time. I just do not see what there is to gain from displaying who is host other than to have an excuse and blame the game on someone. Knowing who is host does not help you. If its you, a teammate, or the enemy, the game will still be played the same.

> Completely and utterly a bad idea.
>
> This would do absolutely nothing to aid gamers in any way. All it would do is give the other team a “You only won because you had host!” excuse.
>
> Knowing who is host does absolutely no one any good, but certainly is going to bring tons of arguments. Right now, many people blame the game on whoever’s host it was. If it was out in the open, EVERY game would have this excuse.
>
> Nothing to gain, tons to lose.

Only children argue about stuff

Like this

I think it would just be a nice bit of info-

Like shadow strike said, its better off not being known.

While people can speculate on who the host is, most of the time they’re probably being sore losers. Even if the host advantage wasn’t all that much and the team lost, they can claim the host advantage was the issue, it will cause more problems than it will solve.