Host Migration - It needs to be removed

Here is a complaint on the -Yoink- host migration on matchmaking that just pisses me off!!!

I’m sitting in the middle of a game, minding my own business, until the game decides to migrate because some -Yoink- quit. Wait a minute, I thought matchmaking did not contain any ‘hosts’? So why the HELL do it need to migrate on MATCHMAKING!

What was bungie thinking when they made this idea? Just because someone quit the game has to stop and search for a new host when it is matchmaking?

I don’t think the game even needs to search for a new host because the host quit. Look at left 4 dead, when the host quits the game does not migrate. Instead, it automatically selects a new host. Call of duty: black ops did that, Halo 3 did that, and Modern Warfare 2 did that.

Why can’t it select the new host and call it a day? Why does it need to stop the game ruining the experience, kills, and objectives the players have? Everytime I get a host migration for NO -Yoink- REASON, it is time for ME to quit and lower the chance of me playing reach online again because of this annoying predictament.

It is NOT my connection, because most of the time, everyone has a good connection (their ping is on green). 343, please remove this. It is getting irritating and ignorant.

End of rant.

If the host quits or an important factor player that determines host quits, then it migrates to a new host.

Its called efficiency.

> Here is a complaint on the Yoink! host migration on matchmaking that just pisses me off!!!
>
> I’m sitting in the middle of a game, minding my own business, until the game decides to migrate because some -Yoink- quit. Wait a minute, I thought matchmaking did not contain any ‘hosts’? So why the HELL do it need to migrate on MATCHMAKING!
>
> What was bungie thinking when they made this idea? Just because someone quit the game has to stop and search for a new host when it is matchmaking?
>
> I don’t think the game even needs to search for a new host because the host quit. Look at left 4 dead, when the host quits the game does not migrate. Instead, it automatically selects a new host. Call of duty: black ops did that, Halo 3 did that, and Modern Warfare 2 did that.
>
> Why can’t it select the new host and call it a day? Why does it need to stop the game ruining the experience, kills, and objectives the players have? Everytime I get a host migration for NO Yoink! REASON, it is time for ME to quit and lower the chance of me playing reach online again because of this annoying predictament.
>
> It is NOT my connection, because most of the time, everyone has a good connection (their ping is on green). 343, please remove this. It is getting irritating and ignorant.
>
> End of rant.

I’m confused, you said Halo has no hosts even though it’s all peer to peer host based and then you say that the host doesn’t migrate at all it just picks a new host?

Your confusing.

Also, when the Host quits in Halo 3, it goes black screen to migrate the host, if you want host migration removed, do us all a favour, go play Call of Duty 4, have the host quit while your going flawless.
You will see the Host Migration system will actually take time to pick a reliable host instead of forcing it onto the nearest person with a connection as good as cheese.

Can be a bugger, huh?

As the two before me have clearly stated, it’s all for efficiency.

It can be a little annoying depending on how often it happens, but better to migrate, than to pick a number out of a hat, right?

Does migration actually bother you that much? You seem quite angry.

Try playing Peggle. It’s relaxing.