Hornet in Halo 4?

Do you guys want the Hornet to be in Halo 4? Do you think it will be?

Can’t wait for Halo 4 <3

That thing was uber overpowered, plus I hated it’s controls, so I don’t really want to see it again.

nah, some sort of new attack vehicle. I want to see an extremely robust aerial sandbox. At least five UNSC vehicles and hopefully an airship.

> That thing was uber overpowered, plus I hated it’s controls, so I don’t really want to see it again.

True about the overpowered-ness. What about in Campaign?

You don’t REALLY want the Hornet, you want a human flying vehicle that is actually useful when flying alone. So if they give the falcon a front machine gun like campaign (but weeker) and make the two side guns grenade launchers (for variety) or just give the driver a rocket launcher and have the others stay with machineguns than even the falcon would work.

The problems with the Falcon were:

a) It relied on team-play and was practically useless in a map that had banshees.
b) It was too easy to destroy due to Reach’s low vehicle health.

Whatever vehicle that adresses these problems would be fine.

I’d rather a helicopter- or jet-style vehicle. Those things are amazing fun to fly. Halo’s UNSC air vehicles feel asleep by comparison.

I still love the Hornet sequence in Halo 3.
That scene made me love the vehicle, so I guess I want it to be back, yes, though I’m fine if we get a close replacement.

It was overpowered, but I don’t really mind it. Give it a little nerf and kick it into multiplayer and I still wouldn’t mind it.

> You don’t REALLY want the Hornet, you want a human flying vehicle that is actually useful when flying alone. So if they give the falcon a front machine gun like campaign (but weeker) and make the two side guns grenade launchers (for variety) or just give the driver a rocket launcher and have the others stay with machineguns than even the falcon would work.
>
> The problems with the Falcon were:
>
> a) It relied on team-play and was practically useless in a map that had banshees.
> b) It was too easy to destroy due to Reach’s low vehicle health.
>
> Whatever vehicle that adresses these problems would be fine.

Yeah, what this guy said.^

> It was overpowered, but I don’t really mind it. Give it a little nerf and kick it into multiplayer and I still wouldn’t mind it.

Like the ‘Transport’ Hornet?

> I’d rather a helicopter- or jet-style vehicle. Those things are amazing fun to fly. Halo’s UNSC air vehicles feel asleep by comparison.

What like Battlefield-style? nods in agreement I could see that in Halo.

I can imagine something like this Pelican Concept from Reach. I suppose they could do with something in the UNSC arsenal that is like the Banshee; fast, and with just a single-pilot.

> You don’t REALLY want the Hornet, you want a human flying vehicle that is actually useful when flying alone. So if they give the falcon a front machine gun like campaign (but weeker) and make the two side guns grenade launchers (for variety) or just give the driver a rocket launcher and have the others stay with machineguns than even the falcon would work.
>
>
> a) It relied on team-play and was practically useless in a map that had banshees.
>

I agree. Though it would be better if it was faster, IMO.

I want the Buzzard from The Ballad of Gay Tony.

>
>
>

I agree with most of this; however, Falcons easily beat banshees as long as the driver isn’t completely stupid and doesn’t give their gunners any angles.

We need a UNSC aerial vehicle that can match the Banshee in terms of firepower and maneuverability. The hornet and falcon are no match for it, one on one.

I hope so. Awesome vehicle.