Hoping for the best

I am hoping for the best with Infinite. I have had a negative outlook & have expressed such on these forums. For that I do apologize, because the reality is that 343 has & is working hard on this game. I know this is their “love letter to Halo fans” I want to believe that, & I will.

However, I do think that it would be a great thing for 343 to address the demo. Objectively speaking here…It was not a good presentation. I have faith that textures & lighting will improve & that’s fine. But objectively speaking, the game does not look good in the state that we saw it. I’m not saying that to slight 343, I’m speaking again…Objectively.

I would suppose that if my opinion were that of the minority, (regarding the visuals) then it would warrant some sort of balancing statement. However, the vast majority of the internet (yes the INTERNET) is underwhelmed here & essentially flaming the game into meme material.

YES, it’s a demo. BUT for the hype around this game & the beloved franchise that so many hold dear…this is just unacceptable & I think 343 just needs to bring some clarity to the situation. SO what if a few random insiders or game interviews have 343 stating “It’s an old build” that’s fine…But 343 needs to bring clarity directly from their end.

I shouldn’t have to dig around the internet to give myself some peace regarding the state of the game.

I just want Halo to be good. I have faith in 343, that they can make a great Halo game. I want to believe & support them. I just want them to be open & transparent with the community.

My personal feelings are that a notable part of the internet criticism comes from an illegitimate sector. Trolls, flamers, sonyers, people who never cared for Halo, people who only come for memes, etc …

It is obvious that there is a legitimate part of criticism that comes from people who understand the subject, and people who are fans of Halo and want the best for the saga.But we must separate the legitimate criticism from the filling that only comes from hatred.

Hey, I hear what you’re saying. However I don’t feel that you are being totally objective in that claim. I want to remind you of a few things regarding sources who have criticized the game.

Forbes wrote multiple articles: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/07/25/a-halo-infinite-delay-may-do-more-good-than-harm-for-microsoft/#5d4f179b1d64
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/07/26/meet-craig-halo-infinites-flat-graphics-are-already-a-meme/#4928493251c2
BBC wrote an article: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53510582
Gamespot: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-infinite-graphics-will-get-better-and-better-/1100-6480138/
Digital Foundry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnQd6W9BxLg
TechReviewUSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0sydRujLXY

Every major Halo/Xbox youtube channel has also addressed the game’s underwhelming visuals

• RDX - We Bleed Green - Halo Follower - Hidden Xperia - Sean W - Kevincoolx - Actman - Greenskull - Proximity - The list goes onNot to mention multiple game developers making mention of concerns with the games development & current state.

> 2533274822200673;3:
> Hey, I hear what you’re saying. However I don’t feel that you are being totally objective in that claim. I want to remind you of a few things regarding sources who have criticized the game.
>
> Forbes wrote multiple articles: A 'Halo Infinite' Delay May Do More Good Than Harm For Microsoft
> Meet Craig: Halo Infinite’s Flat Graphics Are Already A Meme
> BBC wrote an article: Halo Infinite Xbox Series X trailer divides fans - BBC News
> Gamespot: Halo Infinite Graphics Will Get "Better And Better" Leading Up To Launch, Says Microsoft - GameSpot
> Digital Foundry: Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube
> TechReviewUSA: Halo Infinite Is In More Trouble Than We First Thought. (Confirmed By My Insider) - YouTube
>
> Every major Halo/Xbox youtube channel has also addressed the game’s underwhelming visuals
> - RDX - We Bleed Green - Halo Follower - Hidden Xperia - Sean W - Kevincoolx - Actman - Greenskull - Proximity - The list goes onNot to mention multiple game developers making mention of concerns with the games development & current state.

This is what I mean by the legitimate side that understands the issue.

> 2533274842428280;4:
> > 2533274822200673;3:
> > Hey, I hear what you’re saying. However I don’t feel that you are being totally objective in that claim. I want to remind you of a few things regarding sources who have criticized the game.
> >
> > Forbes wrote multiple articles: A 'Halo Infinite' Delay May Do More Good Than Harm For Microsoft
> > Meet Craig: Halo Infinite’s Flat Graphics Are Already A Meme
> > BBC wrote an article: Halo Infinite Xbox Series X trailer divides fans - BBC News
> > Gamespot: Halo Infinite Graphics Will Get "Better And Better" Leading Up To Launch, Says Microsoft - GameSpot
> > Digital Foundry: Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube
> > TechReviewUSA: Halo Infinite Is In More Trouble Than We First Thought. (Confirmed By My Insider) - YouTube
> >
> > Every major Halo/Xbox youtube channel has also addressed the game’s underwhelming visuals
> > - RDX - We Bleed Green - Halo Follower - Hidden Xperia - Sean W - Kevincoolx - Actman - Greenskull - Proximity - The list goes onNot to mention multiple game developers making mention of concerns with the games development & current state.
>
> This is what I mean by the legitimate side that understands the issue.

My point in listing those legitimate sources is to communicate that although there are internet trolls flaming the game (there always will be) Concerns regrind the games current state are very valid & not overblown whatsoever.

> 2533274822200673;5:
> > 2533274842428280;4:
> > > 2533274822200673;3:
> > > Hey, I hear what you’re saying. However I don’t feel that you are being totally objective in that claim. I want to remind you of a few things regarding sources who have criticized the game.
> > >
> > > Forbes wrote multiple articles: A 'Halo Infinite' Delay May Do More Good Than Harm For Microsoft
> > > Meet Craig: Halo Infinite’s Flat Graphics Are Already A Meme
> > > BBC wrote an article: Halo Infinite Xbox Series X trailer divides fans - BBC News
> > > Gamespot: Halo Infinite Graphics Will Get "Better And Better" Leading Up To Launch, Says Microsoft - GameSpot
> > > Digital Foundry: Halo Infinite Gameplay Trailer Analysis: Are The Graphics Really 'Flat'...? - YouTube
> > > TechReviewUSA: Halo Infinite Is In More Trouble Than We First Thought. (Confirmed By My Insider) - YouTube
> > >
> > > Every major Halo/Xbox youtube channel has also addressed the game’s underwhelming visuals
> > > - RDX - We Bleed Green - Halo Follower - Hidden Xperia - Sean W - Kevincoolx - Actman - Greenskull - Proximity - The list goes onNot to mention multiple game developers making mention of concerns with the games development & current state.
> >
> > This is what I mean by the legitimate side that understands the issue.
>
> My point in listing those legitimate sources is to communicate that although there are internet trolls flaming the game (there always will be) Concerns regrind the games current state are very valid & not overblown whatsoever.

I agree, but it is undeniable that in some ways various aspects of these criticisms have been exaggerated.

Edit: Rather I mean that the negative reactions have been somewhat exaggerated. I do not know if I explain. As if there had been a catastrophe.