Hopes for Infinite's armor system?

Hi guys!

I’ve been talking with my friends so far and we’ve had lots of theories and wishes for the armor system in Infinite, and now I’d like to hear yours!
(Possibly unpopular opinion, but I’ll be happy if Infinite has Achilles.)

I believe that 343 has said they want the armor customization to be at least as in depth as Halo Reach, which is a great start. I know there is a lot of controversy/unknowns surrounding the armor coating system, but I personally think it could be pretty cool if implemented correctly. Hopefully they let us choose a different armor coating for each piece of armor that we can customize. That way you can get some pretty insane combinations that go beyond just the two color schemes of past Halos. Granted these colors won’t be used much in the 4v4 modes but in firefight you could see some really creative and unique spartans.

In terms of which armors I hope come back I hope Hayabusa(I think that’s the name) comes back. Also if we could somehow get the flaming head/helmet again that’d be really cool!

See, for me I’d really like the system to be something along the lines of: If it’s an armor which you could get through credits or a reasonable amount of game progression, make it available to everybody. If it’s something which is hard to get/requires a lot of dedication to the game, (Achilles, Flaming helmet, Hayabusa…) I’d like it to be something which you can only obtain in Infinite if you got it in the game it’s from. (So Halo 5 for Achilles, Reach for the helmet, and 3 for Hayabusa.)

As somebody who spent a solid two to three years working for Achilles, the thought of it becoming easily obtainable in Infinite is one I dread. Sure, lots of people dislike it, but for those who do like it and dedicated themselves to obtaining it, I’d hate to see it’s prestigious and teamwork based aura it gives off reduced to something anybody can get by themselves.
I would love to see the people who have done the work for these armors and helmets to be recognized for it.

Now, I know this is most likely another unpopular opinion, and if you feel differently I would not be surprised.

I’m going to be blunt here, the unlock system ain’t going to be pretty. Infinite will be a free to play game, which means the money is in the customisation. Chances are there will be a battle pass or premium currency to unlock the things you want. I’ll be avoiding the Waypoint forums as soon as they announce how that works, it’s going to be awful.

The actual customisation itself though? It looks great! From what little we’ve seen, it looks like there will be a variety of armours, and depth. The armour coatings thing is disappointing but I’m still excited regardless. Say what you will about the graphics, but the art for Infinite is looking mighty fine.

> 2533274882881665;4:
> I’m going to be blunt here, the unlock system ain’t going to be pretty. Infinite will be a free to play game, which means the money is in the customisation. Chances are there will be a battle pass or premium currency to unlock the things you want. I’ll be avoiding the Waypoint forums as soon as the announce how that works, it’s going to be awful.
>
> The actual customisation itself though? It looks great! From what little we’ve seen, it looks like there will be a variety of armours, and depth. The armour coatings thing is disappointing but I’m still excited regardless. Say what you will about the graphics, but the art for Infinite is looking mighty fine.

I agree with you, I wouldn’t be surprised if fan favourite armour such as FOTUS, MK IV, Achilees and Recruit are behind pay walls. As a matter of fact, I’m trying to get ready for it.

> 2533274883108544;5:
> > 2533274882881665;4:
> > I’m going to be blunt here, the unlock system ain’t going to be pretty. Infinite will be a free to play game, which means the money is in the customisation. Chances are there will be a battle pass or premium currency to unlock the things you want. I’ll be avoiding the Waypoint forums as soon as the announce how that works, it’s going to be awful.
> >
> > The actual customisation itself though? It looks great! From what little we’ve seen, it looks like there will be a variety of armours, and depth. The armour coatings thing is disappointing but I’m still excited regardless. Say what you will about the graphics, but the art for Infinite is looking mighty fine.
>
> I agree with you, I wouldn’t be surprised if fan favourite armour such as FOTUS, MK IV, Achilees, Recruit are behind pay walls. As a matter of fact, I’m trying to get ready for it.

Yup. I still don’t have the Helljumper helmet in Halo 5 because of the grind or money requirements. I use ODST in every other game. I feel like that’s a clear sign for the unlock systems we’ll see in the future.

As 343 said they said it will be at least with the depths of Reach’s - and I hope it will be like it