Hopefully We Get Halo 3 PC

I would love to see that. I will give this a shot. Looks fun.

I support Halo 3 for PC but this is the wrong forum for this

They had Ruffian Games to port it to Xbox One, i don’t see it being to hard for them to port it to PC as well. I just hope that if they do put it on PC that they do a good port and give us mod tools as well.

On a business decision level, the chances of a Halo game being ported to the PC start off low at initial release and only get lower with time.

Someone from 343i talked about making the MCC collection for PC. They are too busy with other A LOT of other projects to port Halo 3 over if MS would even allow them. The chances of H3 making it to PC are very slim, but at the very least there is project contingency.

> 2533274818188380;5:
> Someone from 343i talked about making the MCC collection for PC. They are too busy with other A LOT of other projects to port Halo 3 over if MS would even allow them. The chances of H3 making it to PC are very slim, but at the very least there is project contingency.

Yes 343 is busy with other projects, but there is nothing stopping them from getting another company to port Halo 3 to PC, like they have done every single time before. Microsoft had Gearbox port Halo CE , Hired Gun to Port Halo 2(They were created within Microsoft Studios.),and they Have Ruffian Games Porting Halo 3&4 to the Xbox One. Now what is stopping them from having Ruffian Games port Halo 3 to PC as well?

I thought Halo was just for xbox is it also for microsoft pc’s

I can’t remember where I read it, but the way they worded their reply when they said that it wouldn’t be ported to PC at the moment made it sound like it could be in the future, near or otherwise. I would guess that if they were to port the MC collection to PC they would do it next year near when Halo 5 launches to get people on all of Microsoft’s platforms excited about Halo.

It’s really a market sizing question. 343 and Microsoft can estimate how big an audience there is for a Halo PC port. It’s made up of PC gamers who can’t or won’t get a Xbox 360 or One plus Halo enthusiasts who would buy any version of Halo available. That’s probably not big enough to justify the expense of porting the game(s) and manufacturing the physical materials even with a download only option. I admit that up until early this year, I was one of those people. I never wanted to buy a console so for years my Halo experience was only CE and Halo 2 Vista. Then my brother-in-law gave me a spare 360 in February and I’ve spent the year catching up on Halo. Now, even though I’m still an avid PC gamer, I would not buy a new PC port of the Halo games unless it included a lot of new material.

Yep, it would be good

The game is seven years old, there is no way it is going to be ported on PC. EVER.

> 2533274806427910;11:
> The game is seven years old, there is no way it is going to be ported on PC. EVER.

Why is that? Just because you said so?

> 2533274797967716;3:
> They had Ruffian Games to port it to Xbox One, i don’t see it being to hard for them to port it to PC as well. I just hope that if they do put it on PC that they do a good port and give us mod tools as well.

if the did put halo 3 on pc you would probably be able to still use horizon to mod

It’s unlikely to see a halo 3 PC. If anything I would be expecting it in 2017. Bungie didn’t think that one through

It can be done, it’s not impossible. I think they go where the real money is. But I would pay whatever it would cost to get it for PC

Also its unlikely that any halo will come to pc because it has all ways been xbox exclusive

> 2533275032522002;16:
> Also its unlikely that any halo will come to pc because it has all ways been xbox exclusive

xbox is microsoft though, so I wouldn’t count out a windows exclusive forever (as we saw with vista)

Right, it could happen, very much supportive

> 2533274902162575;17:
> > 2533275032522002;16:
> > Also its unlikely that any halo will come to pc because it has all ways been xbox exclusive
>
>
> xbox is microsoft though, so I wouldn’t count out a windows exclusive forever (as we saw with vista)

Yes but H2V came 3 years after the Xbox release and was a ploy by MS to encourage more “upgrades” to the new (and terrible) OS. Not surprisingly, MS didn’t even take the trouble to make it really only for Vista because it ran fine on XP. No decision happens at MS without a revenue target attached to it; sure the decision and target might both be wildly inaccurate but still there it is.

All they would need to do is have someone fix some bugs in Halo CE and Halo 2 and put them on steam, they are already on PC just make it easier for people to buy and play them. That could also be used to see how well Halo on PC could do in the future.