Hopefully they don't recycle the maps

Between the MC and Spartan Locke. I just have this feeling we will visit the same places with both fireteams, if that’s the case hopefully its minimal.

They’re already recycling MP maps, so they probably will.

They said something about it, they said they would visit some different locations but also some of them would be the same
So… we will know when the game arrived

> 2533274847026328;2:
> They’re already recycling MP maps, so they probably will.

What? No they aren’t…?

343i has already stated that they won’t be directly visiting each other’s areas. The location/style might be similar, but it won’t be the exact place, and things will have changed since the other team rolled through.

> 2533274907934539;4:
> > 2533274847026328;2:
> > They’re already recycling MP maps, so they probably will.
>
>
> What? No they aren’t…?
>
> 343i has already stated that they won’t be directly visiting each other’s areas. The location/style might be similar, but it won’t be the exact place, and things will have changed since the other team rolled through.

Did you play the halo 5 MP beta? they sure did recycle maps.

Unfortunately I think about half at the most MP maps will be recycled… :frowning: I hope I’m wrong…

> 2533274907934539;4:
> > 2533274847026328;2:
>
>
> What? No they aren’t…?
>
> 343i has already stated that they won’t be directly visiting each other’s areas. The location/style might be similar, but it won’t be the exact place, and things will have changed since the other team rolled through.

I certainly hope that “similar, but not the exact place” doesn’t end up being the same level but with grey rocks instead of brown. There’s a little too much wiggle room in that statement to put my mind at ease. If CE taught us anything it should be that playing the same levels again but backwards is best left to Symphony of the Night and nothing else, so 343 will have taken that lesson to heart, right?

… right?

> 2533274925159248;1:
> Between the MC and Spartan Locke. I just have this feeling we will visit the same places with both fireteams, if that’s the case hopefully its minimal.

Have you been paying attention to anything 343i has said? It’s a man-hunt so of course they’re going to visit the same locations. The difference of Fireteam Osiris’ perspective from Blue Team’s perspective is that they will see the damage that Blue Team causes, etc.

I had no problem with Reach’s mp/ff maps being used in the campaign missions. They were designed for mp/ff afterall, and the benefits from it (more time for devs to work on other parts of the game, more space for more models/skins/textures/etc…) are well worth it.

Since Locke and his team are tracking down Chief, you have to go where that person has already been so, it only makes sense that we will play the same maps. I’m sure everything will not be exactly the same however.

> 2533274823519895;6:
> > 2533274907934539;4:
> > > 2533274847026328;2:
> > > They’re already recycling MP maps, so they probably will.
> >
> >
> > What? No they aren’t…?
> >
> > 343i has already stated that they won’t be directly visiting each other’s areas. The location/style might be similar, but it won’t be the exact place, and things will have changed since the other team rolled through.
>
>
> I certainly hope that “similar, but not the exact place” doesn’t end up being the same level but with grey rocks instead of brown. There’s a little too much wiggle room in that statement to put my mind at ease. If CE taught us anything it should be that playing the same levels again but backwards is best left to Symphony of the Night and nothing else, so 343 will have taken that lesson to heart, right?
>
> … right?

oh man, when I first saw Symphony of the Night do that back when, I was mind blown!!! they did that SO well!! god what I wouldn’t give for a other good solid 2D Megaman, Castlevaina and Sonic game. I miss good 2D games.

> 2533274907934539;4:
> > 2533274847026328;2:
>
>
> What? No they aren’t…?
>

The two seperate Midship “remixes” say hello.

Regret and Truth were 2 very largely different maps. Call them remixed or recycled, but they each played very differently

> 2533274815533909;5:
> > 2533274907934539;4:
> >
> >
> >
> > 343i has already stated that they won’t be directly visiting each other’s areas. The location/style might be similar, but it won’t be the exact place, and things will have changed since the other team rolled through.
>
>
> Did you play the halo 5 MP beta? they sure did recycle maps.
>
> Unfortunately I think about half at the most MP maps will be recycled… :frowning: I hope I’m wrong…

I would say, yes he did, with the Halo 5 Beta Badge under his avatar and all.

I don’t believe we will be visiting the exact places, but if we do, the landscape may have changed the second time around creating a different iteration entirely.

> 2533274823519895;6:
> > 2533274907934539;4:
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> I certainly hope that “similar, but not the exact place” doesn’t end up being the same level but with grey rocks instead of brown. There’s a little too much wiggle room in that statement to put my mind at ease. If CE taught us anything it should be that playing the same levels again but backwards is best left to Symphony of the Night and nothing else, so 343 will have taken that lesson to heart, right?
>
> … right?

From that statement it seems like they are saying both teams will be at the same location, but through different areas.

343i said several times they’re not recycling the same levels in the campaign. They might visit the same planets and locations (after all, how can Locke chase Master Chief if he’s not behind his tail at the same place) but the areas will be different with different effects based on what happened.

They also haven’t recycled the same maps in multiplayer either. Truth and Regret may be similar because they’re both based on midship but they both looked and played differently.

None of the Beta maps felt recycled. Don’t get butthurt just because some of the same texture and object assets were used to create two maps which play very differently. I never once thought I was playing on Empire when I was on Eden, or vice versa. They looked similar visually, but they played completely differently which is what’s important.

Truth and Regret were the opposite: they shared nearly identical architecture, but Regret actually plays quite differently because it’s basically a dilapidated version of Truth which is interesting.

I think people are too quick to jump the gun on maps being “recycled” just because some texture assets were reused to make another map in the same aesthetic style.

> 2533274810150284;16:
> None of the Beta maps felt recycled. Don’t get butthurt just because some of the same texture and object assets were used to create two maps which play very differently. I never once thought I was playing on Empire when I was on Eden, or vice versa. They looked similar visually, but they played completely differently which is what’s important.
>
> Truth and Regret were the opposite: they shared nearly identical architecture, but Regret actually plays quite differently because it’s basically a dilapidated version of Truth which is interesting.
>
> I think people are too quick to jump the gun on maps being “recycled” just because some texture assets were reused to make another map in the same aesthetic style.

Also, Regret is flipped upside down. They took truth and literally flipped it upside down and made changes to the geometry.

> 2533274810150284;16:
> None of the Beta maps felt recycled. Don’t get butthurt just because some of the same texture and object assets were used to create two maps which play very differently. I never once thought I was playing on Empire when I was on Eden, or vice versa.

Meh I dont know. Empire and Eden felt very similair to me. I agree that they play differently, but some parts of the map are almost exactly the same as on the other.

At the end Truth and Regret are both build up on Midship, so they arent “completly different” imo.

But hey, when we have two different versions of an awesome map, then its not necessary something negative in my opinion. I just dont hope that they do that too often.

The Reach Campaign/Multyplayer maps was extremly lame and poor. The one half of Boneyard wasnt even used for example.

> 2533274825044752;8:
> I had no problem with Reach’s mp/ff maps being used in the campaign missions. They were designed for mp/ff afterall, and the benefits from it (more time for devs to work on other parts of the game, more space for more models/skins/textures/etc…) are well worth it.

Bungie said that sharing locations between multiplayer and campaign actually ended up making things harder for them. They did it because they thought it would be easier, for the reasons you said, and interesting for the players. What they ended up finding is that any changes would have to be run through both the campaign and multiplayer teams, and the maps had to be designed to work in both areas. One team would want to change something so it works better for their mode, but it would cause problems for the other team.

OT: In terms of campaign, CE, 3 and Reach all reused levels, and more often than not I’d say that each level worked. I think the real problem was in CE, where it was three reused locations in a row. 4 never had us visit the same place twice in campaign, though Spops overshadowed that achievement. I think Halo 5 will be fine, I’m sure they can make any level they do repeat feel new and exciting the second time around.

> 2533274848539555;19:
> > 2533274825044752;8:
> > I had no problem with Reach’s mp/ff maps being used in the campaign missions. They were designed for mp/ff afterall, and the benefits from it (more time for devs to work on other parts of the game, more space for more models/skins/textures/etc…) are well worth it.
>
>
> Bungie actually said that sharing locations between multiplayer and campaign actually ended up making things harder for them. They did it because they thought it would be easier, for the reasons you said, and interesting for the players. What they ended up finding is that any changes would have to be run through both the campaign and multiplayer teams, and the maps had to be designed to work in both areas. One team would want to change something so it works better for their mode, but it would cause problems for the other team.
>
> OT: In terms of campaign, CE, 3 and Reach all reused levels, and more often than not I’d say that each level worked. I think the real problem was in CE, where it was three reused locations in a row. 4 never had us visit the same place twice in campaign, though Spops overshadowed that achievement. I think Halo 5 will be fine, I’m sure they can make any level they do repeat feel new and exciting the second time around.

Interesting. Thanks for this. I had no idea.