Hopeful for the Return of the Halo 3 Co-op Elites

So I don’t know if many of you have noticed, but a lot of hints from the Halo Infinite trailer suggest that this game will be taking place on Installation 07, otherwise known as Zeta Halo. This particular Halo ring was featured in the book Halo: Hunters in the Dark, which starred two very notable Elites: N’tho 'Sraom and Usze 'Taham. Now if you don’t know who these two characters are, they were the two Elites that Players 3 and 4 took control of in Halo 3 co-op. If you haven’t read the book, I suggest that you do, because those two Elites are some of the most badass characters you will ever meet.

Why do I want these two to return? Well, 343i seems to be going back to the roots of the game, at least from an artistic standpoint. If the same can be said about story, it would be nice to have some characters from the past that never really got to shine in the games. N’tho and Usze were only playable characters up until Halo: Hunters in the Dark gave both of their characters their incredible depth. I personally would rather that 343i brings these characters into the game and build on their characters rather than introduce brand new characters that have little to no depth.

I am hoping that with the Swords of Sanghelios now being a significant part of the Halo story, we will be seeing those two characters again in this next Halo. I am also very hopeful that the Shipmaster, Rtas 'Vadum, will also be making a return in this game. I know it might be very unlikely, but it’s characters like these, the Arbiter and Master Chief that really make Halo"Halo" to me.

1 Like

You are asking for a bunch of characters that don’t like humans and REALLY don’t like ONI. I’d prefer to see them in their own halo spin off game than to be side-lined next to chief or character skins for co-op.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> You are asking for a bunch of characters that don’t like humans and REALLY don’t like ONI. I’d prefer to see them in their own halo spin off game than to be side-lined next to chief or character skins for co-op.

I wouldn’t say that they don’t like humans. Sure, they have their issues with them, but they don’t dislike every one of them. I just really wanna see more interactions between Vale and the Sangheili, and Usze was pretty much her buddy in Halo: Hunters in the Dark.

> 2533274859620752;3:
> > 2533274909139271;2:
> > You are asking for a bunch of characters that don’t like humans and REALLY don’t like ONI. I’d prefer to see them in their own halo spin off game than to be side-lined next to chief or character skins for co-op.
>
> I wouldn’t say that they don’t like humans. Sure, they have their issues with them, but they don’t dislike every one of them. I just really wanna see more interactions between Vale and the Sangheili, and Usze was pretty much her buddy in Halo: Hunters in the Dark.

Issues such as being use to slaughtering marines and civilians. Glassing planets. Chasing and destroying UNSC naval fleets. For only a few decades. Sure they are buddies now in the last 7 years, going out for lollies at the local meet and greet. After you’ve murdered a few million people it’s all forgive and forget right?

If they meet up with other humans the tensions should be HIGH to do it justice to both the Sangeili and Humans. Probably silence and weapons nearby. You may find more enteraction of them in their own squads with soldiers they’ve trained with for years. If R’tas wasn’t so tired of War in the current time of halo he would probably be making his way to finishing his glassing of earth like he wanted to in h3.

> 2533274909139271;4:
> > 2533274859620752;3:
> > > 2533274909139271;2:
> > > You are asking for a bunch of characters that don’t like humans and REALLY don’t like ONI. I’d prefer to see them in their own halo spin off game than to be side-lined next to chief or character skins for co-op.
> >
> > I wouldn’t say that they don’t like humans. Sure, they have their issues with them, but they don’t dislike every one of them. I just really wanna see more interactions between Vale and the Sangheili, and Usze was pretty much her buddy in Halo: Hunters in the Dark.
>
> Issues such as being use to slaughtering marines and civilians. Glassing planets. Chasing and destroying UNSC naval fleets. For only a few decades. Sure they are buddies now in the last 7 years, going out for lollies at the local meet and greet. After you’ve murdered a few million people it’s all forgive and forget right?

The Arbiter destroyed 7 human worlds and killed billions of humans. He’s in the game.

I do agree that I would love to see them in a spinoff Sangheili game, though.

As for HI I doubt they’d make an appearance as 343i stated a while back they wouldn’t be adding characters in the next game. After HI it’s fair game though.

> 2533274859620752;5:
> > 2533274909139271;4:
> > > 2533274859620752;3:
> > > > 2533274909139271;2:
> > > > You are asking for a bunch of characters that don’t like humans and REALLY don’t like ONI. I’d prefer to see them in their own halo spin off game than to be side-lined next to chief or character skins for co-op.
>
> The Arbiter destroyed 7 human worlds and killed billions of humans. He’s in the game.
>
> I do agree that I would love to see them in a spinoff Sangheili game, though.

Would one of those worlds be Reach?

That would be awsome but my urge to play as blue team is a lot higher. Maybe if it’s like halo 2 where we switch with the arbiter than it would make sense

> 2533274989469309;7:
> > 2533274859620752;5:
> > > 2533274909139271;4:
> > > > 2533274859620752;3:
> > > > > 2533274909139271;2:
> > > > > You are asking for a bunch of characters that don’t like humans and REALLY don’t like ONI. I’d prefer to see them in their own halo spin off game than to be side-lined next to chief or character skins for co-op.
> >
> > The Arbiter destroyed 7 human worlds and killed billions of humans. He’s in the game.
> >
> > I do agree that I would love to see them in a spinoff Sangheili game, though.
>
> Would one of those worlds be Reach?

Yes

I suspect they may go 1 step forward…playable customisation Elites/Spartans that you could pick in the campaign, while first play through’s would probably stick to John if there hosting. So maybe similar to Reach campaign system.

That would be interesting to put them back in the game after knowing they are alive from Hunters in the Dark. If they did do it like Halo 3 I wouldn’t mind it.

1 Like

> 2533275031939856;6:
> As for HI I doubt they’d make an appearance as 343i stated a while back they wouldn’t be adding characters in the next game. After HI it’s fair game though.

Did they really? That’s a shame. Do you happen to have a source?

> 2533274989469309;7:
> > 2533274859620752;5:
> > > 2533274909139271;4:
> > > > 2533274859620752;3:
> > > > > 2533274909139271;2:
> > > > > You are asking for a bunch of characters that don’t like humans and REALLY don’t like ONI. I’d prefer to see them in their own halo spin off game than to be side-lined next to chief or character skins for co-op.
> >
> > The Arbiter destroyed 7 human worlds and killed billions of humans. He’s in the game.
> >
> > I do agree that I would love to see them in a spinoff Sangheili game, though.
>
> Would one of those worlds be Reach?

Indeed!

> 2533274941980460;8:
> That would be awsome but my urge to play as blue team is a lot higher. Maybe if it’s like halo 2 where we switch with the arbiter than it would make sense

See, I’m worried that they’re ditching that idea entirely because of the response that Halo 5: Guardians had. 343i tends to sometimes be rather black and white where it’s one thing or the other. The switching between teams can work, and that’s not what the fans were upset about. The fans were upset about Chief getting only three missions, whereas Locke had way more. Now I’m just worried that they’re never gonna do the switching thing again.

> 2533274829873463;10:
> I suspect they may go 1 step forward…playable customisation Elites/Spartans that you could pick in the campaign, while first play through’s would probably stick to John if there hosting. So maybe similar to Reach campaign system.

One of the things I’m dying to see in a future Halo game is an unlock system for campaign characters. What I mean by that is I would like a future Halo title to have it so that you can unlock characters that you can play as in the campaign by completing particular challenges within the game. They wouldn’t change the cutscenes or the story, but they could function like skulls where they just slightly modify the game. The only thing that would be different is your character (obviously) and the weapons you start with. I think this would add a lot of replay value to the game.

For example, they could make it so that you unlock The Arbiter as a playable character for completing the game on Legendary.

I think I am going to make a post about this.

1 Like