Hope multiplayer maps are aren't bad forge maps...

Halo Infinite better not pull a Halo reach on us, and just make maps from areas from the campaign and add some forge objects there. Because considering its an open world Halo campaign map, that should not give them an excuse to use a random area from there as a multiplayer map.

Here’s to hoping they are actual maps they made and not parodies.

It depends, I wouldn’t mind some places being forge canvases due to it being non linear landscape, but for a majority of the maps it would suck if it was just campaign rip offs or like H5’s dilemma which was mostly just community made maps

I don’t see any problems with using arenas from the campaign so long as those arenas are designed as multiplayer maps. What’s the issue? I don’t get it.
Also, what if multiplayer maps are good forge maps?

I like multiplayer maps made from areas of the campaign or even inspired from the areas of the campaign. They usually play way better than made up maps so to speak.

> 2535419166122192;1:
> Halo Infinite better not pull a Halo reach on us, and just make maps from areas from the campaign and add some forge objects there. Because considering its an open world Halo campaign map, that should not give them an excuse to use a random area from there as a multiplayer map.
>
> Here’s to hoping they are actual maps they made and not parodies.

That’s kind of a backwards jump to a negative conclusion.

From the article, was there anything that suggested that they were going to follow Reach’s multiplayer?

Having said that, I’m sure there will be Forgeable parts of the ring. And speaking of Forge I can’t wait to see it. The engine will have been developed with Forge in mind - so I’m expecting a huge jump in quality of Forge maps. Deformable pieces, decals, better lighting… and a talented community. Hopefully nigh on indistinguishable from developer maps.

> 2535419166122192;1:
> Halo Infinite better not pull a Halo reach on us, and just make maps from areas from the campaign and add some forge objects there. Because considering its an open world Halo campaign map, that should not give them an excuse to use a random area from there as a multiplayer map.
>

Maybe can be true because the maps are very open Word I agree with you for don’t see maps like Halo Reach

> 2585548714655118;5:
> > 2535419166122192;1:
> > Halo Infinite better not pull a Halo reach on us, and just make maps from areas from the campaign and add some forge objects there. Because considering its an open world Halo campaign map, that should not give them an excuse to use a random area from there as a multiplayer map.
> >
> > Here’s to hoping they are actual maps they made and not parodies.
>
> That’s kind of a backwards jump to a negative conclusion.
>
> From the article, was there anything that suggested that they were going to follow Reach’s multiplayer?
>
> Having said that, I’m sure there will be Forgeable parts of the ring. And speaking of Forge I can’t wait to see it. The engine will have been developed with Forge in mind - so I’m expecting a huge jump in quality of Forge maps. Deformable pieces, decals, better lighting… and a talented community. Hopefully nigh on indistinguishable from developer maps.

Nothing about the article, but the idea that they don’t want to create unique maps but using areas of the campaign embraced with forge props, isn’t creative.

Accepting that is like accepting the Halo 5 multiplayer parody maps. Whether they were still good or bad, they weren’t unique as of something new.

For Reach, Bungie wanted to put some MP and Firefight maps into Campaign, not the other way around. It was documented in one of their vidocs.

> 2533274823699327;8:
> For Reach, Bungie wanted to put some MP and Firefight maps into Campaign, not the other way around. It was documented in one of their vidocs.

Very good memory there. I can certainly understand both: if you’re going through the bother of making a fleshed out area for MP, make as much use of it as you can - even if in campaign it’s an area the player runs through in 5 minutes or less. Reach definitely took that approach to re-use maps for Firefight/MP as assets in campaign and I’m absolutely fine with that.

My concern if anythign si the opposite to OP’s. I think given the eSports focus, my concern would be that we get too many arena-based hyperoptimsied for competitive play maps which don’t always play so ‘fun’ for more social type games (e.g. playing H3 Competitive in Halo 3 recently, can barely remember the last time I saw a non-DLC map like Narrows, isolation, High Ground). I’d like variety and from the noises my concern is that those social type maps can get squeezed out between the demands of the competitive scene and the other demands on the environment team. Most Halo 5 maps I can think of which i enjoy for social play over competitive are actually Forge maps, whereas there are some absolutely excellent out of the box competitive maps.

I hope not. The screenshots from the December update look like a legit map but who knows. I guess I wouldn’t mind if they did a few like Reach as long as it actually holds up as a good mp map not just a good campaign place space but I definitely want original maps too not from the campaign.

After Halo 4 and 5 have not done that, I am not sure why Infinite would. With whatever style open-world 343 are planning I am sure we will not be seeing a that kind of asset reuse in multiplayer.

While I know this is not what OP is getting at, I am hoping that the forge system in Infinite is advanced enough that forge maps introduced into multiplayer will be almost indistinguishable in quality when compared to their developer counterparts.

I would not mind some forged maps. The Infinite forge will be probably the best out of all the games. The scripting will probably be less buggy, the FX will have more things, maybe AI, and more vehicles and banished architecture.

I’m just hoping the multiplayer maps are memorable! But on another note with all this forge talk. I can’t be the only person excited about the fact we are most likely going to be able to change the time of day since the campaign has dynamic weather. Goodbye filter ball things from 2007!!

> 2535451336993939;13:
> I’m just hoping the multiplayer maps are memorable! But on another note with all this forge talk. I can’t be the only person excited about the fact we are most likely going to be able to change the time of day since the campaign has dynamic weather. Goodbye filter ball things from 2007!!

That’s a very good point. Dynamic sky box leaves so many possibilities.

> 2535419166122192;1:
>

Completely agreed. That goes for releasing a ‘map canvas’ (even if it wasn’t featured in campaign) and then spamming matchmaking with forged iterations of it. Hate that.

I know this is a controversial take, but I didn’t mind how many H5 maps in MP playlists were forge created. Especially later in the life cycle where some of the maps looked as good as some of the old games Dev created maps.

I really liked that there was a steady stream of map variety being regularly introduced throughout the MP experience. I would way rather have a large quantity of fun maps, even if some of them have simplistic looks.

What I absolutely don’t want is what happened to H5 BTB, where it’s only forge maps. Don’t get me wrong, I had the most fun in H5 BTB that I’ve had since H3 BTB was in its golden age. But I definitely think they should’ve had dev maps.

Crossing my fingers we get a bunch of dev maps and a really nice forge system.

> 2535447291443771;2:
> It depends, I wouldn’t mind some places being forge canvases due to it being non linear landscape, but for a majority of the maps it would suck if it was just campaign rip offs or like H5’s dilemma which was mostly just community made maps

To be fair, the community made better MP maps than 343. I do agree tho, it was a let down to play forge maps in MP simply because they were better than the limited selection 343 provided.

> 2535419166122192;1:
>

This problem would be exacerbated by the little variety we’re seeing in Halo Infinites Landscapes. The best part of developer maps that aren’t part of campaign environments is the variety in scenery. It makes the levels more memorable.

I’m sure there are other environments in the campaign, but that still doesn’t mean we can’t have maps that are differing in environments from the campaign.

Personally I’d love a forerunner map underwater like on Delta Halo in H2

I agree