Hope enemy variants make a return...

I didn’t like how Halo 5, just about any elite can pull out an energy sword. As well as any grunt were as displaced as the rest, it didn’t matter what you dropped in to fight, the green grunt is the same as the blue. The Elite minor is the same as the ultra with just an extra shield health.

And if prometheans do come back, hopefully they actually have noticeable patterns too. Too much grey metal to tell who is what, you’re just either shotgunned or shot by an incinerator.

Hopefully the challenge to eye different types of enemies can come back.

I personally didn’t really see much halo elites that aren’t ultras carrying the energy swords or a green grunt being identical to a blue grunt, unless we’re talking about warzone? I do agree with different promethean colors, not only is it difficult to identify what enemy variant they are but they begin to look dull and boring after a while.

Halo Infinte AI will be able to switch their weapons depending in the situation though, according to Jerry Hook.

> 2535453408431289;2:
> I personally didn’t really see much halo elites that aren’t ultras carrying the energy swords or a green grunt being identical to a blue grunt, unless we’re talking about warzone? I do agree with different promethean colors, not only is it difficult to identify what enemy variant they are but they begin to look dull and boring after a while.
>
> Halo Infinte AI will be able to switch their weapons depending in the situation though, according to Jerry Hook.

You took it too literally. Have you played Halo 5’s campaign? An elite minor has a chance to pull out an energy sword as an elite ultra. And green and blue isn’t literal. A Grunt heavy and Grunt minor can both do the same thing. They just look different.

Other Halo games, they would have differences such as jump packs, a helmet, a weapon… now they all do the same thing just in multiple colors.

The only real variants we’ve seen are in Halo 2 and Reach. The spec op in CE had really weak shields though. We’ll probably see a healthy amount of variants.

> 2535419166122192;3:
> > 2535453408431289;2:
> > I personally didn’t really see much halo elites that aren’t ultras carrying the energy swords or a green grunt being identical to a blue grunt, unless we’re talking about warzone? I do agree with different promethean colors, not only is it difficult to identify what enemy variant they are but they begin to look dull and boring after a while.
> >
> > Halo Infinte AI will be able to switch their weapons depending in the situation though, according to Jerry Hook.
>
> You took it too literally. Have you played Halo 5’s campaign? An elite minor has a chance to pull out an energy sword as an elite ultra. And green and blue isn’t literal. A Grunt heavy and Grunt minor can both do the same thing. They just look different.
>
> Other Halo games, they would have differences such as jump packs, a helmet, a weapon… now they all do the same thing just in multiple colors.

You can check my service record if you want, from what I’m inferring you’re upset that enemy variants don’t have much meaning as there’s not much distinction between the two other than health. That’ fine, I want more unique enemy variants too but halo 5 still had its differences, not as abundant as the previous halo games but it’s still there.

“Other Halo games, they would have differences such as jump packs, a helmet, a weapon… now they all do the same thing just in multiple colors.”
Halo 5 elites do have differences in helmets, it’s very noticeable too thanks how big and bulky it is.
https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+5+elite&sxsrf=ALeKk02gbjVr6Q3FpVsUkSn8sRf8zPq-kA:1601820998379&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifh-ickJvsAhWFY98KHXt4AbUQ_AUoAnoECBoQBA&biw=2048&bih=775#imgrc=CnJJg6xgr_tBaM

https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+5+elite&sxsrf=ALeKk02gbjVr6Q3FpVsUkSn8sRf8zPq-kA:1601820998379&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifh-ickJvsAhWFY98KHXt4AbUQ_AUoAnoECBoQBA&biw=2048&bih=775#imgrc=pDJUBLTHzsmLOM
You have the jetpack grunts and although an elite minor could pull out an energy sword/power weapon it’s not as frequent as an ultra elite (at least in my experience).
Sure, the weapon sandbox for those elites need its adjustments and the grunts but overall, variants are still prevalent.

> 2535453408431289;5:
> > 2535419166122192;3:
> > > 2535453408431289;2:
> > > I personally didn’t really see much halo elites that aren’t ultras carrying the energy swords or a green grunt being identical to a blue grunt, unless we’re talking about warzone? I do agree with different promethean colors, not only is it difficult to identify what enemy variant they are but they begin to look dull and boring after a while.
> > >
> > > Halo Infinte AI will be able to switch their weapons depending in the situation though, according to Jerry Hook.
> >
> > You took it too literally. Have you played Halo 5’s campaign? An elite minor has a chance to pull out an energy sword as an elite ultra. And green and blue isn’t literal. A Grunt heavy and Grunt minor can both do the same thing. They just look different.
> >
> > Other Halo games, they would have differences such as jump packs, a helmet, a weapon… now they all do the same thing just in multiple colors.
>
> You can check my service record if you want, from what I’m inferring you’re upset that enemy variants don’t have much meaning as there’s not much distinction between the two other than health. That’ fine, I want more unique enemy variants too but halo 5 still had its differences, not as abundant as the previous halo games but it’s still there.
>
> “Other Halo games, they would have differences such as jump packs, a helmet, a weapon… now they all do the same thing just in multiple colors.”
> Halo 5 elites do have differences in helmets, it’s very noticeable too thanks how big and bulky it is.
> https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+5+elite&sxsrf=ALeKk02gbjVr6Q3FpVsUkSn8sRf8zPq-kA:1601820998379&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifh-ickJvsAhWFY98KHXt4AbUQ_AUoAnoECBoQBA&biw=2048&bih=775#imgrc=CnJJg6xgr_tBaM
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+5+elite&sxsrf=ALeKk02gbjVr6Q3FpVsUkSn8sRf8zPq-kA:1601820998379&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifh-ickJvsAhWFY98KHXt4AbUQ_AUoAnoECBoQBA&biw=2048&bih=775#imgrc=pDJUBLTHzsmLOM
> You have the jetpack grunts and although an elite minor could pull out an energy sword/power weapon it’s not as frequent as an ultra elite (at least in my experience).
> Sure, the weapon sandbox for those elites need its adjustments and the grunts but overall, variants are still prevalent.

I rather think the variants are just less consistent than another enemy. They don’t stand out. I thought Halo Reach’s version was the best. Looking different is one thing, haven’t an overall change is another.