Hope all the mechanics are better.....

The swords are extremely broken in Halo 4. Expect nothing of the swords and you won’t be surprised. Many other things are broken too. Now I know it was their first game but they had a lot to work with in making their first game. I like Halo 4, the only thing that keeps me from loving it like I love all the others is how broken the game is. I’m sure Halo 5 will be much better in this sense. But if it isn’t… I might just find myself only playing the Master Chief Collection as far as Halo goes on the Xbox One…

well, i never experienced any issues with the sword.

> well, i never experienced any issues with the sword.

Me neither. What exactly do you mean OP?

I’m not really sure what you mean about so many broken mechanics. 343 has worked out a lot of problems in Halo 4. Can you please explain?

Sword has sucked since Reach. At least they removed Sword block though.

I don’t know if they can get the Sword to behave like it did in Halo 3, because it acted like that due to the melee system, and now it’s changed.

> > well, i never experienced any issues with the sword.
>
> Me neither. What exactly do you mean OP?

Well there’s the really slow switch speed that hinders its usefulness, but that’s about all I can think of.

The sword worked fine for me. Could you be more specific on what was broken about it?

I didn’t notice it until I played Clang of the Hill. But Each time I played it it became more and more obvious to me. The sword does not do anything Consistently. Sometimes it will lunge but most of the time it won’t lunge at all. The clashes don’t work right. Sometimes the sword will do this random recoil thing that isn’t triggered by a button press and sometimes not even by clashing. I’ve had my guy randomly do this recoil swing, Sometimes directly after a clash(which doesn’t do anything for you just gets you killed), Sometimes a good deal after a clash (A few seconds, a clear delay for when it’s supposed to happen), and sometimes right after spawning. There are just a ton of things with the sword that honestly may be hard to pick up on, <mark>but any Sword V. Sword Gameplay is totally and completely broken. But other than sword v. sword it’s mainly lunge that’s broken.</mark> I enjoyed Halo 3 Swords that worked well. I feel that the hammer is really inconsistent too… But it’s just that the game has too many elements that are inconsistent and less precise and accurate as the other games. It’s not too terrible I just really hope it’s better in Halo 5. Saying I’d only play the MCC was probably a bit of an overeaction but these things being broken and inconsistant in Halo 4 just bothered me a lot, It’s still a really good game by all means, but is lacking any form of greatness because of it.

> I didn’t notice it until I played Clang of the Hill.

I too have had problems using the sword. Before Clang of the Hill, I won 60% of my KOTH games, now my win percentage is down to about 45%. The sword seems wildly inconsistent for me. I have been meaning to come on here and ask for tips on how to consistently win 1v1 sword battles. Does anyone have any good advice?

Sarcasm in text form. What ya going to do? I really really hope that the game is more broken and the sword should be so messed up. Should be able to use a gravity hammer which has infinite ammo and kills a random person. You should be able to fly like a banshee in small maps and most of wall be invincible whenever you want with a “Cheat Death” armour ability. Please 343, make the game worse.

Remember. Sarcastic text. I stating that everyone wants a better unbroken and balanced game :slight_smile:

> > I didn’t notice it until I played Clang of the Hill.
>
> I too have had problems using the sword. Before Clang of the Hill, I won 60% of my KOTH games, now my win percentage is down to about 45%. The sword seems wildly inconsistent for me. I have been meaning to come on here and ask for tips on how to consistently win 1v1 sword battles. Does anyone have any good advice?

The Swords ARE wildly inconsistent. Any other game you could get advice but for this one you have to hope for the best really. Never expect it to do anything and you won’t be surprised. Until It randomly decided to do this mega lunge that took me over 10 ft and killed someone. That surprised me.