Honoring the Loss of a fellow players daughters...

We all need to wear the true light emblem for at least a month… This was a fellow player and it was their daughters. It’s a shame that 343 didn’t make it so we had to pay so all money goes to them. Well, we should do something to honor them at least because I would’ve bought the emblem for the style and sympathy.

I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.

> 2533274814289862;2:
> I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.

If you dont give a damn why waste your life being disrespectful and commenting. I dont know him either, but the loss of a child is the worst pain I could ever imagine. knowing individuals who have lost theirs reinforces this. We as a community are separated and well crappy when compared to what we used to be. Maybe its because younger generations, maybe its because older ones, who knows, but anything that can bring this community together again is something that should be acted apon. You may not use it, that’s fine but dont comment a post that possesses a negative connotation, this is one of those situations were if you dont have anything nice to say hold your tongue.

(I would not have bought it, money is not the purpose of the emblem, coming together as a community is)

I feel it’s kind of disrespectful to go along with something if it’s done in a lip service manner.
This is a tragedy we are talking about and frankly everybody should do what they think is correct on this one.

> 2533274840624875;3:
> > 2533274814289862;2:
> > I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.
>
>
> If you dont give a damn why waste your life being disrespectful and commenting. I dont know him either, but the loss of a child is the worst pain I could ever imagine. knowing individuals who have lost theirs reinforces this. We as a community are separated and well crappy when compared to what we used to be. Maybe its because younger generations, maybe its because older ones, who knows, but anything that can bring this community together again is something that should be acted apon. You may not use it, that’s fine but dont comment a post that possesses a negative connotation, this is one of those situations were if you dont have anything nice to say hold your tongue.
>
> (I would not have bought it, money is not the purpose of the emblem, coming together as a community is)

How was I being disrespectful? Because I don’t like the emblem design? Lol ok.

> 2533274840624875;3:
> > 2533274814289862;2:
> > I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.
>
>
> If you dont give a damn why waste your life being disrespectful and commenting. I dont know him either, but the loss of a child is the worst pain I could ever imagine. knowing individuals who have lost theirs reinforces this. We as a community are separated and well crappy when compared to what we used to be. Maybe its because younger generations, maybe its because older ones, who knows, but anything that can bring this community together again is something that should be acted apon. You may not use it, that’s fine but dont comment a post that possesses a negative connotation, this is one of those situations were if you dont have anything nice to say hold your tongue.
>
> (I would not have bought it, money is not the purpose of the emblem, coming together as a community is)

I dont see you paying any respects to all the people being horribly slaughtered on the other side of the world. Hell you wouldnt give a -Yoink- If I died right now and why should you?

I’m just going to tell you all to ignore Illusive Mang who obviously doesn’t understand how sad death is.

OT: I didn’t realize that is what the REQ was for. Is there an article (found it) or something where I can read up on this? My respect goes to the family.

> 2533274814289862;5:
> > 2533274840624875;3:
> > > 2533274814289862;2:
> > > I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.
> >
> >
> > If you dont give a damn why waste your life being disrespectful and commenting. I dont know him either, but the loss of a child is the worst pain I could ever imagine. knowing individuals who have lost theirs reinforces this. We as a community are separated and well crappy when compared to what we used to be. Maybe its because younger generations, maybe its because older ones, who knows, but anything that can bring this community together again is something that should be acted apon. You may not use it, that’s fine but dont comment a post that possesses a negative connotation, this is one of those situations were if you dont have anything nice to say hold your tongue.
> >
> > (I would not have bought it, money is not the purpose of the emblem, coming together as a community is)
>
>
> How was I being disrespectful? Because I don’t like the emblem design? Lol ok.

Because the Emblem was made as a condolence to the man’s daughters, who both died in an electrical fire and were children, additionally. They also added their names as constellations in Torque (Lena and Trinity)

So… Put the pieces together. Maybe you’ll figure out where you’re in the wrong.

What a rotten way to die. RIP.

> 2533274882881665;7:
> I’m just going to tell you all to ignore Illusive Mang who obviously doesn’t understand how sad death is.
>
> OT: I didn’t realize that is what the REQ was for. Is there an article or something where I can read up on this? My respect goes to the family.

There is a short post about it. Sympathy toward the family that is really sad.

> 2533274826920712;8:
> > 2533274814289862;5:
> > > 2533274840624875;3:
> > > > 2533274814289862;2:
> > > > I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.
> > >
> > >
> > > If you dont give a damn why waste your life being disrespectful and commenting. I dont know him either, but the loss of a child is the worst pain I could ever imagine. knowing individuals who have lost theirs reinforces this. We as a community are separated and well crappy when compared to what we used to be. Maybe its because younger generations, maybe its because older ones, who knows, but anything that can bring this community together again is something that should be acted apon. You may not use it, that’s fine but dont comment a post that possesses a negative connotation, this is one of those situations were if you dont have anything nice to say hold your tongue.
> > >
> > > (I would not have bought it, money is not the purpose of the emblem, coming together as a community is)
> >
> >
> > How was I being disrespectful? Because I don’t like the emblem design? Lol ok.
>
>
> Because the Emblem was made as a condolence to the man’s daughters, who both died in an electrical fire and were children, additionally. They also added their names as constellations in Torque (Lena and Trinity)
>
> So… Put the pieces together. Maybe you’ll figure out where you’re in the wrong.

So because I prefer the design of my current emblem to the True Light one, I’m being disrespectful? Doesn’t matter why the emblem was made, that’s not what I’m talking about.

OP says we should all wear the emblem, and I said no because I prefer my current one.

Then OP says we should be supporting the guy financially too, and again I disagree because I’m sure that guy doesn’t need our money.

> 2533274814289862;11:
> > 2533274826920712;8:
> > > 2533274814289862;5:
> > > > 2533274840624875;3:
> > > > > 2533274814289862;2:
> > > > > I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > If you dont give a damn why waste your life being disrespectful and commenting. I dont know him either, but the loss of a child is the worst pain I could ever imagine. knowing individuals who have lost theirs reinforces this. We as a community are separated and well crappy when compared to what we used to be. Maybe its because younger generations, maybe its because older ones, who knows, but anything that can bring this community together again is something that should be acted apon. You may not use it, that’s fine but dont comment a post that possesses a negative connotation, this is one of those situations were if you dont have anything nice to say hold your tongue.
> > > >
> > > > (I would not have bought it, money is not the purpose of the emblem, coming together as a community is)
> > >
> > >
> > > How was I being disrespectful? Because I don’t like the emblem design? Lol ok.
> >
> >
> > Because the Emblem was made as a condolence to the man’s daughters, who both died in an electrical fire and were children, additionally. They also added their names as constellations in Torque (Lena and Trinity)
> >
> > So… Put the pieces together. Maybe you’ll figure out where you’re in the wrong.
>
>
> So because I prefer the design of my current emblem to the True Light one, I’m being disrespectful? Doesn’t matter why the emblem was made, that’s not what I’m talking about.
>
> OP says we should all wear the emblem, and I said no because I prefer my current one.
>
> Then OP says we should be supporting the guy financially too, and again I disagree because I’m sure that guy doesn’t need our money.

So many threads about this and one guys say something and tons of people attack him and says he is a horrible person. Come on guys it’s not like he is saying that he doesn’t care or anything he is just saying he doesn’t really like the emblem. I’m not going to wear the emblem but I think it is something special and it really helps immortalize their mark on halo.

> 2535413340246920;1:
> We all need to wear the true light emblem for at least a month… This was a fellow player and it was their daughters. It’s a shame that 343 didn’t make it so we had to pay so all money goes to them. Well, we should do something to honor them at least because I would’ve bought the emblem for the style and sympathy.

My name is Leonard Church, and I approve this message… ^^^

I know I’m going to keep this emblem on, permanently. I could not imagine the pain that would be caused by losing two people that you love, especially two people that are your children, and that you’ve spent years raising. Watching someone grow, and watching them sprout and develop into their own person, and being a part of their life every single day, even in the worst of hardships is what comes with being a parent. Being there to help solve their problems, and eventually allow them to start making their own choices- It’s a privilege, and a gift of life. It’s absolutely amazing to see your creations come into this world, and become so much smarter, and bigger, every day…

I’m sure CrazedSpartan and his wife were very dedicated parents, and I’m extremely sorry this happened to the both of them. But we’re the Halo community, and in times of tragedy, we band together, and we fight and conquer together. This was no small ordeal… Lena and Trinity, will both be dearly missed, and I’m sure they are very grateful of the absolutely amazing parents they had.

This is Church, and on behalf of my whole Spartan Company, and on behalf of Rooster Teeth, we absolutely wish the BEST of luck for Crazed and his wife, Rebecca, and we’re positive that Lena and Trinity are rockin’ out upstairs, where they are much, much safer.

No flames shall tear us down. <3

Best regards,

~Church

> 2533274923769345;13:
> > 2535413340246920;1:
> > We all need to wear the true light emblem for at least a month… This was a fellow player and it was their daughters. It’s a shame that 343 didn’t make it so we had to pay so all money goes to them. Well, we should do something to honor them at least because I would’ve bought the emblem for the style and sympathy.
>
>
> My name is Leonard Church, and I approve this message… ^^^
>
> I know I’m going to keep this emblem on, permanently. I could not imagine the pain that would be caused by losing two people that you love, especially two people that are your children, and that you’ve spent years raising. Watching someone grow, and watching them sprout and develop into their own person, and being a part of their life every single day, even in the worst of hardships is what comes with being a parent. Being there to help solve their problems, and eventually allow them to start making their own choices- It’s a privilege, and a gift of life. It’s absolutely amazing to see your creations come into this world, and become so much smarter, and bigger, every day…
>
> I’m sure CrazedSpartan and his wife were very dedicated parents, and I’m extremely sorry this happened to the both of them. But we’re the Halo community, and in times of tragedy, we band together, and we fight and conquer together. This was no small ordeal… Lena and Trinity, will both be dearly missed, and I’m sure they are very grateful of the absolutely amazing parents they had.
>
> This is Church, and on behalf of my whole Spartan Company, and on behalf of Rooster Teeth, we absolutely wish the BEST of luck for Crazed and his wife, Rebecca, and we’re positive that Lena and Trinity are rockin’ out upstairs, where they are much, much safer.
>
> No flames shall tear us down. <3
>
> Best regards,
>
> ~Church

I think this was a well spoken post, and I agree with everything you’ve said. I don’t feel I’ll sport the emblem permanently, but I will definitely wear it for some time, and I certainly wish the best for this family. My heart goes out to them.

Also, I don’t really feel like you can speak on Rooster Teeth’s behalf simply because you copied a character that they created…

I will wear the True Light Emblem for the rest of halo 5 and until my internet speeds up I’m stuck with HCS

> 2533274882881665;7:
> I’m just going to tell you all to ignore Illusive Mang who obviously doesn’t understand how sad death is.
>
> OT: I didn’t realize that is what the REQ was for. Is there an article (found it) or something where I can read up on this? My respect goes to the family.

I do feel for the family’s loss.

But to be completely fair, nobody would have known about this tragedy if it didn’t surface on reddit and stuff.

> 2535413340246920;1:
> We all need to wear the true light emblem for at least a month… This was a fellow player and it was their daughters. It’s a shame that 343 didn’t make it so we had to pay so all money goes to them. Well, we should do something to honor them at least because I would’ve bought the emblem for the style and sympathy.

I would hope that wearing the emblem would maybe just help crazed a little bit to know fellow Halo fans care.

> 2533274814289862;2:
> I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.

I don’t know who you are either but by making this comment I reckon I know what you are. You should show some respect. If waypoint did not have strict rules I would say a lot more.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

Unless all (or at least most) of you personally know the family being alluded to here, this thread is uncomfortable and strange.
It’s 100% normal/OK to hear of a stranger’s hard time and feel sympathy. However, if you truly want to help them, and not just gossip about their hard times on public internet gaming forums (with people who are also complete strangers to both you and the victims’ families), then you really need to find a more personal/private way to directly reach out to them…the people affected by the tragedy.

Helping people is great. Repeating and spreading terrible news about people you share no relation with and events/things you have no direct knowledge about is purely gossip though…seriously uncomfortable and odd gossip.
I certainly don’t mean or want to discourage any good intentions that might be here… If your intentions are in fact good, hopefully this thread will be locked, and this post might help steer you toward actual actions which might help and benefit the people being discussed in this thread.

> 2533274814289862;11:
> > 2533274826920712;8:
> > > 2533274814289862;5:
> > > > 2533274840624875;3:
> > > > > 2533274814289862;2:
> > > > > I’m not wearing that emblem because I don’t like it and I don’t even know who that guy is. I definitely wouldn’t have bought it either. I’m sure he doesn’t need our money.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > If you dont give a damn why waste your life being disrespectful and commenting. I dont know him either, but the loss of a child is the worst pain I could ever imagine. knowing individuals who have lost theirs reinforces this. We as a community are separated and well crappy when compared to what we used to be. Maybe its because younger generations, maybe its because older ones, who knows, but anything that can bring this community together again is something that should be acted apon. You may not use it, that’s fine but dont comment a post that possesses a negative connotation, this is one of those situations were if you dont have anything nice to say hold your tongue.
> > > >
> > > > (I would not have bought it, money is not the purpose of the emblem, coming together as a community is)
> > >
> > >
> > > How was I being disrespectful? Because I don’t like the emblem design? Lol ok.
> >
> >
> > Because the Emblem was made as a condolence to the man’s daughters, who both died in an electrical fire and were children, additionally. They also added their names as constellations in Torque (Lena and Trinity)
> >
> > So… Put the pieces together. Maybe you’ll figure out where you’re in the wrong.
>
>
> So because I prefer the design of my current emblem to the True Light one, I’m being disrespectful? Doesn’t matter why the emblem was made, that’s not what I’m talking about.
>
> OP says we should all wear the emblem, and I said no because I prefer my current one.
>
> Then OP says we should be supporting the guy financially too, and again I disagree because I’m sure that guy doesn’t need our money.

You can wear a different emblem without acting completely ignorant towards the tragedy that warranted this one’s creation.

What was disrespectful was your blatant disregard for the tragedy. You just had to say “I like my current emblem, but it’s great for 343i to provide a means of supporting this guy after what happened.”
Acknowledge that there was a tragedy. Instead you outright say you hate the emblem, and further it by talking about money and how you don’t know the guy… as if that somehow excuses you from recognizing that losing two children in a fire is one of the most awful things that can happen to a family?
Your post just came across as really inconsiderate

OP had noble intentions with this thread. Its a shame how one bad apple can ruin it for all :frowning:

I really admire the new emblem and what it represents. My heart goes out to those parents who lost their children.