Honestly the fuel rod is way too OP

It only takes 1 direct shot to kill you or about 3 nearby explosions. considering the amount of ammo you get for it and how fast you can shoot it really is just ridiculous what you can do with it. and its not even that effective against vehicles as well. say for flipping the smaller ones and flat out spamming a whole clip on it. but you still got like 2 clips left after that and it is straight up dumb to have something like that on most the maps.

I don’t think it’s OP at all-- believe it or not it’s very, very different than the rocket launcher and has several glaring draw-backs.

1.) The rounds drop considerably when fired from long-range.
2.) When fired close-range, you’re not guaranteed a kill due to the round’s ability to ricochet off surfaces-- only a direct hit will kill a player.

And I would argue that it’s a lot more effective against vehicles than any other small-arms fire; I find it difficult you call it OP despite it not being as effective as the rocket launcher or Spartan Laser in regards to vehicles.

More often than not when people shoot at me with the Fuel Rod their rounds simply ricochet off the floor and fly past me-- it’s not difficult at all to dodge and/or take out them out as they’re scrambling to reload or switch weapons. Long distance, it’s as you said, around three splash-explosions will kill you, as opposed to being automatically dead from one nearby rocket.

In the end, it seems you have an issue with the amount of ammo you get with it. Personally though, I notice that players aren’t able to hold onto the fuel rod as long as other power weapons-- primarily due to it’s ineffectiveness at range (i.e. low splash-damage, round trajectory, target leading, etc). That doesn’t speak for that one draw-back of ricochet I mentioned earlier for CQC. With all these short falls and disadvantages compared to the rocket launcher, I honestly don’t think it’s OP at all. It just plays very differently.

Trust me ive been killed by the fuel rod more times then should be allowed. the shots propel very quickly and its always used in close range and the aimer is like perfect sized to hit your target easily. if you cant get a direct hit on someone with the first 2-3 shots in close-medium range then you are just a horrible shot.

of course the shots drop so you have to use your head to determine the height to fire from to have them drop into the target. and when i say its OP i mean its only used to get free on foot PVP kills, not vehicle kills.

and of course compared to the rocket launcher its not op because the rocket launcher is one of the top 3 OP weapons in the game. you get 4 shots with each one you pick up, it only takes one near hit to kill you and the shots fire diretly and quickly to the target.

yes its powerful but its very bouncy so you have to be very accurate on a straight shot or accurate on the bounce.

also shouldn’t this be in the matchmaking forum?

> Trust me ive been killed by the fuel rod more times then should be allowed. the shots propel very quickly and its always used in close range and the aimer is like perfect sized to hit your target easily.

By “aimer” I’ll assume you mean the reticule. And the size of the reticule has nothing to do with the ease or lack thereof of hitting your enemy (assuming it’s not a precision weapon). If the reticule for the rocket launcher was just a tiny “X” in the middle of the screen, I’m confident I’d still get just as many kills with it.

> if you cant get a direct hit on someone with the first 2-3 shots in close-medium range then you are just a horrible shot.

It’s not that they’re a horrible shot, but that they’re using it like a rocket launcher-- the whole “shoot at the ground beneath them, not at them”.

> of course the shots drop so you have to use your head to determine the height to fire from to have them drop into the target. and when i say its OP i mean its only used to get free on foot PVP kills, not vehicle kills.

When you say this, it sounds like any one-hit kill weapons are overpowered to you. If anything at all, it sounds like you refuse to use tools that are handed to you by the game. You could easily survive three or more fuel gun blasts with smart uses of Armor Lock, or make it exceedingly difficult for your enemy to shoot you while jetpacking above them. Hell, even an old-school ambush tactic involving active camo would work. This weapon is absolutely anything but OP and I’ve played on Spire enough times to say that. This is more a case of you not knowing how to combat a player using this weapon.

> and of course compared to the rocket launcher its not op because the rocket launcher is one of the top 3 OP weapons in the game. you get 4 shots with each one you pick up, it only takes one near hit to kill you and the shots fire diretly and quickly to the target.

They are called power weapons for a reason. You say it like 4 shots for a pick-up of Rocket Launchers is too much. Is this really a bother for you? If so, I really suggest you don’t bother picking up Halo 4, because here’s a list of potential one-hit-kill weapons that are confirmed in H4 multiplayer.

*Sniper Rifle
*Shotgun
*Railgun
*Rocket Launcher
*Sticky Detonator
*Spartan Laser
*Beam Rifle
*Energy Sword
*Gravity Hammer
*Binary Rifle
*Boltshot
*Incineration Cannon
*Scattershot

With all these powerful weapons infesting multiplayer, I sincerely don’t think you’ll enjoy yourself one bit.

Fuel rod is far more effective with Jetpack, when shot from a high angle it does not bounce.

However I fail to see why its OP. A person jetpacking can easily be killed via DMR. If not crouch and wait for your chance.

Its one thing to earn a power weapon through kills. But simply picking one up and spamming the -Yoink- out of it requires no skill or work at all. Its a -Yoinking!- disgrace to halo. add the fact that these days everyone does their absolute hardest to win with as little work as possible useing the most OP weapons they can get; its turning Halo into a game based on who picks up what first and how many players the other team has.

and you really do not understand how the fuel rod works obviously. it takes nothing to aim, has a large clip and spare ammo, and if you are not killed by the first shot the 2nd and 3rd WILL hit you unless the user is a complete idiot.

So… its one thing to earn a weapon… but its another to earn the fuel rod? Don’t want them to have it, get it yourself. Strategic denial. I typically don’t go for snipes, but if it looks like the other team is about to take ours, i’ll pick them up and use them to AT LEAST deny them the advantage.

Every armor ability in the game denies the fuel rod, some more effectively than the rockets. Sprint comes to mind. A sprinting target is stupid hard to hit with fuel rod unless he’s going for the melee. in which case its no better than sword, shotgun, rockets, grenade launcher, or even sniper in skilled hands.

I find your argument flawed. The advantage of the fuel rod is the big clip. in every other way it is inferior to the rocket launcher. period.

> Its one thing to earn a power weapon through kills. But simply picking one up and spamming the -Yoink!- out of it requires no skill or work at all. Its a -Yoinking!- disgrace to halo. add the fact that these days everyone does their absolute hardest to win with as little work as possible useing the most OP weapons they can get; its turning Halo into a game based on who picks up what first and how many players the other team has.

So you’re saying it’s disgraceful to take (and keep) the power weapons or vehicles away from the enemy to help secure the win? That because a team decides to use what’s provided to them by the map, they’re somehow a “disgrace to halo”? I’m sorry, but you seriously need to get off your high-horse and actually read your nonsense before submitting it. Because I don’t know what game you’re playing, but I’ll be the first to tell you that in Halo the vehicles and power weapons are integral units to Big Team Battle, if not Matchmaking itself. I highly suggest you get used to it, otherwise you’re in for a very sore surprise once Halo 4 releases.

> and you really do not understand how the fuel rod works obviously.

Oh, I understand how the Fuel Rod works. What seems apparent right now is that you simply don’t know how to cope with or counter the Fuel Rod, that you would rather call the player a disgrace to the franchise instead of admitting your own lack of skill to handle such a basic, staple weapon of Halo’s multiplayer.

> Its a -Yoinking!- disgrace to halo.

How so? It’s been around since the beginning!

you really dont get it. you think its so damn easy to avoid something that can shoot a shot every second? you think you can do anything the second you turn a corner and they are right there ready to shoot you with it? or when they are useing the jetpack to fire from up high where you cant immediately see? you are -Yoinking!- blind or stupid lucky if you hardly ever die from it. or you’re just another person that spams it every game so how could you notice how OP it is?

every time i pick it up i will get at least 7 kills with it like NOTHING. maybe if you spent less time hogging it every game then you will understand.

and btw ill take an enemys weapon if i killed them but im not gonna steal everything they have on their side of the map if my team is being asswipes and spawn trapping them. because if they have nothing but their starting weapons to fight a bunch of spawn trappers theres no point in even playing against them.

I don’t always use the FRG, but when I do, it’s at the top of the Spire.

If you ask me, it’s actually perfect the way it is. For the fire rate, amount of ammo carried, and power, it’s fine. I’d worry more about the rocket launcher if I were you.
If it helps I’ll do a comparison between the SPNKr and the FRC.

FRC traits:

  1. High ROF
  2. Bigger Magazine
  3. Lower Damage
  4. Projectiles fired fly faster than rockets

SPNKr traits:

  1. Low ROF
  2. Two-rocket (magazine?)
  3. Maximum power! (As well as Splash damage.)
  4. Slower flying projectiles

They have their respective differences, and advantages, but the Fuel Rod Cannon is not in any way OP. A DMR user can with ease defeat a foe wielding a Fuel Rod Cannon. And yet another disadvantage the FRC has besides limited range of effectiveness is that it’s projectiles bounce off of some surfaces. So there is a chance a user going for the splash kill can screw himself over.

Looked at your threads a second time OP and I wonder do you consider everything overpowered except the DMR?

Im sorry but i think the Rocket Launchers is more OP than the Fuel Rod. I don’t like it as much because it bounces. Sometimes i commit suicide after firing the Fuel Rod.