Honestly thank you 343 for adding JIP to Halo 4

I mean this with all sincerity. H4 is the only Halo game with JIP and I truly do appreciate it. Really miss this feature a lot now that TMCC has come out.

I never visited the forums during H4 because overall I was very happy with the game. But now that I have been playing H1,h2, and h3 I cant believe how much I truly miss JIP from H4. Figured it would be nice to post something positive for once around here.

No. A million times no.

I can tell by looking at your stats that you don’t really play Halo competitively. That’s perfectly ok, but it prevents you somewhat from understanding how terrible JIP really is. When I was working for my 50 JIP was the one thing that really was -Yoink!- me off. In order to level up the game expects you to consistently earn the top score of the players in the lobby. As you can imagine that becomes nearly impossible when you are thrown into a game that is halfway over, and denied the ability to acquire power weapons and strategic position. This isn’t really much of a problem for most ranks but once your above 45 it can become a serious issue. There were a few times when I was thrown into a JIP that was halfway over, and even though I came very close to getting top score the lack of time just proved too insurmountable, and consequently the game interpreted that I was worse than a lower skilled player who had TWICE AS MUCH GODD***N TIME as I did. I still managed to get my 50 fairly easily, because I’m a decent player, but I shouldn’t have had to re-earn ranks because an idiotic computer decided to throw me into a losing match.

If JIP were restricted to social it would be A LITTLE better, but honestly I don’t think it has anyplace in Halo. For one it definetly encourages quitting, because if you quit out in this game you know that JIP will take care of your team. I know a lot of people will argue that it prevents 1v4 situations and the like, but truthfully that is a part of the Halo series that really isn’t that bad. In the old Halos the lack of JIP promoted a reluctance to quit and players who did quit were recognized after a while and ostracized, whereas in Halo 4 I’m lucky to complete 1/10 games where someone doesn’t quit out. Additionally, I’ve played games of BTB where 7/8 of the original players quit out only to be replaced by JIP. You might argue that keeps the game going, but when stuff like that happens it really isn’t even the same game anymore. You shouldn’t have to play against a completely different group of people than you loaded up against, and they shouldn’t be thrown into a hopeless game. I think Halo needs to ditch JIP permanently, and if you find yourself 1v4 just accept that you lost that game rather than trying to hold out with this JIP silliness.

I love JIP and greatly appreciate it.

> 2533274879684063;2:
> No. A million times no.
>
> I can tell by looking at your stats that you don’t really play Halo competitively. That’s perfectly ok, but it prevents you somewhat from understanding how terrible JIP really is. When I was working for my 50 JIP was the one thing that really was -Yoink!- me off. In order to level up the game expects you to consistently earn the top score of the players in the lobby. As you can imagine that becomes nearly impossible when you are thrown into a game that is halfway over, and denied the ability to acquire power weapons and strategic position. This isn’t really much of a problem for most ranks but once your above 45 it can become a serious issue. There were a few times when I was thrown into a JIP that was halfway over, and even though I came very close to getting top score the lack of time just proved too insurmountable, and consequently the game interpreted that I was worse than a lower skilled player who had TWICE AS MUCH GODD***N TIME as I did. I still managed to get my 50 fairly easily, because I’m a decent player, but I shouldn’t have had to re-earn ranks because an idiotic computer decided to throw me into a losing match.
>
> If JIP were restricted to social it would be A LITTLE better, but honestly I don’t think it has anyplace in Halo. For one it definetly encourages quitting, because if you quit out in this game you know that JIP will take care of your team. I know a lot of people will argue that it prevents 1v4 situations and the like, but truthfully that is a part of the Halo series that really isn’t that bad. In the old Halos the lack of JIP promoted a reluctance to quit and players who did quit were recognized after a while and ostracized, whereas in Halo 4 I’m lucky to complete 1/10 games where someone doesn’t quit out. Additionally, I’ve played games of BTB where 7/8 of the original players quit out only to be replaced by JIP. You might argue that keeps the game going, but when stuff like that happens it really isn’t even the same game anymore. You shouldn’t have to play against a completely different group of people than you loaded up against, and they shouldn’t be thrown into a hopeless game. I think Halo needs to ditch JIP permanently, and if you find yourself 1v4 just accept that you lost that game rather than trying to hold out with this JIP silliness.

First off, check the attitude which is on display in sentence numbers two and three.

Second, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t go off about how JiP ruins ranked play (which I concede) and then say that “1v4 situations are part of Halo and not that bad.” Are you trying to tell me that getting your butt kicked in a 1v4 doesn’t hurt your rank chasing, but being JiPed into a match does? What am I missing here?

> 2533274873843883;4:
> > 2533274879684063;2:
> > No. A million times no.
> >
> > I can tell by looking at your stats that you don’t really play Halo competitively. That’s perfectly ok, but it prevents you somewhat from understanding how terrible JIP really is. When I was working for my 50 JIP was the one thing that really was -Yoink!- me off. In order to level up the game expects you to consistently earn the top score of the players in the lobby. As you can imagine that becomes nearly impossible when you are thrown into a game that is halfway over, and denied the ability to acquire power weapons and strategic position. This isn’t really much of a problem for most ranks but once your above 45 it can become a serious issue. There were a few times when I was thrown into a JIP that was halfway over, and even though I came very close to getting top score the lack of time just proved too insurmountable, and consequently the game interpreted that I was worse than a lower skilled player who had TWICE AS MUCH GODD***N TIME as I did. I still managed to get my 50 fairly easily, because I’m a decent player, but I shouldn’t have had to re-earn ranks because an idiotic computer decided to throw me into a losing match.
> >
> > If JIP were restricted to social it would be A LITTLE better, but honestly I don’t think it has anyplace in Halo. For one it definetly encourages quitting, because if you quit out in this game you know that JIP will take care of your team. I know a lot of people will argue that it prevents 1v4 situations and the like, but truthfully that is a part of the Halo series that really isn’t that bad. In the old Halos the lack of JIP promoted a reluctance to quit and players who did quit were recognized after a while and ostracized, whereas in Halo 4 I’m lucky to complete 1/10 games where someone doesn’t quit out. Additionally, I’ve played games of BTB where 7/8 of the original players quit out only to be replaced by JIP. You might argue that keeps the game going, but when stuff like that happens it really isn’t even the same game anymore. You shouldn’t have to play against a completely different group of people than you loaded up against, and they shouldn’t be thrown into a hopeless game. I think Halo needs to ditch JIP permanently, and if you find yourself 1v4 just accept that you lost that game rather than trying to hold out with this JIP silliness.
>
>
> First off, check the attitude which is on display in sentence numbers two and three.
>
> Second, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t go off about how JiP ruins ranked play (which I concede) and then say that “1v4 situations are part of Halo and not that bad.” Are you trying to tell me that getting your butt kicked in a 1v4 doesn’t hurt your rank chasing, but being JiPed into a match does? What am I missing here?

First off, you don’t tell me what to do, because you’re just another random forum warrior. Second, there was no “attitude”, I was just simply pointing out that since the OP (and you) clearly don’t play for rank, it can prevent the flaws of JIP from becoming apparent.

You seem to be missing the fact that there exists no perfect system to deal with this, including your precious JIP. Both systems have flaws and believe me, when I was playing Halo 3 ranked I lost tons of games because scrub teammates quit on me. But I still feel JIP is the worse way to go. At least with the old system it would sometimes be in my favor and I would get to be on the 4v1 team. You really can’t deny though that JIP promotes quitting and that, usually, people quit for a reason, resulting in you ending up in hopeless and/or laggy games. The thing about JIP that I’ve noticed is that it rarely changes the outcome of a game; it just ends up prolonging it. With either system, when half your team quits on you the chances of winning decrease drastically. Even if it only takes 30 secs for JIP to replace them, that is more than enough time for a competent team to kill the remaining players and seize control of important power weapons and locations. IMO the real problem are the awful tryhards who have their team quit out and then feel the need to crouch for 10+ minutes til the game finally ends. Like I said above, when people find themselves in such hopeless situations they need to just accept defeat and find a new game. Save everyone the time and frustration rather than crouching and hoping JIP gives you a random who can backpack you.

> 2533274873843883;4:
> > 2533274879684063;2:
> >
> > I can tell by looking at your stats that you don’t really play Halo competitively. That’s perfectly ok, but it prevents you somewhat from understanding how terrible JIP really is. When I was working for my 50 JIP was the one thing that really was -Yoink!- me off.
>
>
> First off, check the attitude which is on display in sentence numbers two and three.
>
> Second, you can’t have it both ways. You can’t go off about how JiP ruins ranked play (which I concede) and then say that “1v4 situations are part of Halo and not that bad.” Are you trying to tell me that getting your butt kicked in a 1v4 doesn’t hurt your rank chasing, but being JiPed into a match does? What am I missing here?

There was no attitude in there. Just stating the facts…

IMO JIP hurts more than it helps. I have very rarely had an experience where I was able to swing the game in my team’s favor or when someone joined in and turned the tables. Almost every single time it result in a loss unless the players in the lobby were significantly worse than I was.

Whats JIP

Yes, thank you for 343 encouraging people to quit and for giving me at least one black screen almost every single game

> 2535432055425253;8:
> Whats JIP

Join in progress

Ok thx

If anybody has a clan could u please recruit me

Obviously, I don’t play for skill ranks, but I really hate JiP. It has the potential to be helpful, but it’s usually just annoying. It really sucks to join a King of the Hill match 100 points down, or a slayer game with a team of (not to be mean) extremely uncoordinated guests who have a combined score of exactly 0. It’s just no fun that way. Although, on the other side of things, I am extremely grateful when someone joins my team in the very beginning of a match that was previously 4v1. It has certainly saved me from tons of frustration, but it really is more annoying than helpful.

> 2533274873843883;4:
> > 2533274879684063;2:
> >
> > I can tell by looking at your stats that you don’t really play Halo competitively. That’s perfectly ok, but it prevents you somewhat from understanding how terrible JIP really is. When I was working for my 50 JIP was the one thing that really was -Yoink!- me off. In order to level up the game expects you to consistently earn the top score of the players in the lobby. As you can imagine that becomes nearly impossible when you are thrown into a game that is halfway over, and denied the ability to acquire power weapons and strategic position. This isn’t really much of a problem for most ranks but once your above 45 it can become a serious issue. There were a few times when I was thrown into a JIP that was halfway over, and even though I came very close to getting top score the lack of time just proved too insurmountable, and consequently the game interpreted that I was worse than a lower skilled player who had TWICE AS MUCH GODD***N TIME as I did. I still managed to get my 50 fairly easily, because I’m a decent player, but I shouldn’t have had to re-earn ranks because an idiotic computer decided to throw me into a losing match.
> >
> > If JIP were restricted to social it would be A LITTLE better, but honestly I don’t think it has anyplace in Halo. For one it definetly encourages quitting, because if you quit out in this game you know that JIP will take care of your team. I know a lot of people will argue that it prevents 1v4 situations and the like, but truthfully that is a part of the Halo series that really isn’t that bad. In the old Halos the lack of JIP promoted a reluctance to quit and players who did quit were recognized after a while and ostracized, whereas in Halo 4 I’m lucky to complete 1/10 games where someone doesn’t quit out. Additionally, I’ve played games of BTB where 7/8 of the original players quit out only to be replaced by JIP. You might argue that keeps the game going, but when stuff like that happens it really isn’t even the same game anymore. You shouldn’t have to play against a completely different group of people than you loaded up against, and they shouldn’t be thrown into a hopeless game. I think Halo needs to ditch JIP permanently, and if you find yourself 1v4 just accept that you lost that game rather than trying to hold out with this JIP silliness.
>
>
>
>

What attitude? The points he made were valid.
The thing is, Halo 4 encourages people to quit and not suffer the consequences. It’s the same thing with CoD. Taking the hit of one loss or whatever? Any person will take that if it means not having to finish out the game. Knowing that JIP exists justifies quitting in some people’s minds since they know that someone else may join the game, which in return puts the team and the person joining at a disadvantage. Quitting back in the older Halo games was something you had to think twice about if you cared at all about your record. Sure, it is a part of Halo when you sometimes get matched up unfairly 2v4 or 1v4, but I would much rather take that loss by playing the game than bailing out. If I had it my way, I would get rid of quitting all together and just make people play the stupid game, but what’s to stop people when they think “Oh, someone else will take my place.” If you JIP, you get the crappy end of the deal. One of the most fun parts of the game is gaining better position over the other team and rushing the weapon spawns. I have gotten so much trash talk when I join late because I didn’t perform as well, but it’s just because I had absolutely no foothold on the spawns, and I come into it with no momentum. I acknowledge the fact that sometimes having someone join your team at the beginning of a game is nice if you are down players, and that it eliminates things like derankers (which are a huge pain in the butt), but I honestly thing the bad outweighs the good, especially if you are playing for rank.

(Also, thank you to the OP for trying to be positive haha)

I don’t think 343 added JiP to Halo 4 yet, but they should add it. Speaking of JiP, when are they ever going to fix that bug where we can’t join custom games in session?

> 2533274952673933;15:
> I don’t think 343 added JiP to Halo 4 yet, but they should add it. Speaking of JiP, when are they ever going to fix that bug where we can’t join custom games in session?

What?..

> 2533274922611534;16:
> > 2533274952673933;15:
> > I don’t think 343 added JiP to Halo 4 yet, but they should add it. Speaking of JiP, when are they ever going to fix that bug where we can’t join custom games in session?
>
>
> What?..

You know how we can’t join custom games while they’re in session?

You HAVE to be joking right??

JIP is THE WORST -Yoinking!- THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS FRANCHISE.

I just hate to be tossed into an on-going match where my team is already losing by a 100 points difference. It -Yoinks!- up my stats and even though I’m no pro I care about my stats and JIP does not make the game fair at all for people who care about their personal stats. Sure, if you don’t care about stats then JIP is just for you.

I hate Halo 4 SO MUCH because of that. I hate it for many many reasons but that’s one of the reasons I hate it the most.

> 2533274952673933;17:
> > 2533274922611534;16:
> > > 2533274952673933;15:
> > > I don’t think 343 added JiP to Halo 4 yet, but they should add it. Speaking of JiP, when are they ever going to fix that bug where we can’t join custom games in session?
> >
> >
> >
> > What?..
>
>
> You know how we can’t join custom games while they’re in session?

You know Halo 4 has JIP since its release, right?

> 2533274965076755;19:
> > 2533274952673933;17:
> > > 2533274922611534;16:
> > > > 2533274952673933;15:
> > > > I don’t think 343 added JiP to Halo 4 yet, but they should add it. Speaking of JiP, when are they ever going to fix that bug where we can’t join custom games in session?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > What?..
> >
> >
> >
> > You know how we can’t join custom games while they’re in session?
>
>
> You know Halo 4 has JIP since its release, right?

I think he is specifically talking about customs